PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady has to win 7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other night they were showing highlights from early SB’s including I and II. I really didn’t appreciate how good Bart Starr was at the time, but he was a helluva QB. A lot like Brady in terms of accuracy and efficiency, and had good mobility as well. Underrated all timer.
Starr was a great QB and a better leader. The Packers players would have run through a wall for Starr. And if Lombardi ever yelled at Starr, the team knew the apocalypse was upon them.

I’d be perfectly content with six. We as fans have been spoiled beyond reasoning and this two-decade run will never be equalled.

Even with a loss, any potential heir to Tom either has to win 6 bowls or win 5 and go to 10 (ten!!!) bowls. Anything less and I wouldn’t consider that other QB.
Every Super Bowl he wins we will badly want another.

This Super Bowl will potentially erase all ill feelings of the 10 year drought, it will also totally submit the NFL and all who discuss it. It will bring the dynasty back to par in my mind. It seems as if the harvest has fully ripened and now the dynasty will reap all it has sown with no fear or inhabition. The ubermensch phase if you will.

W-L is not a QB stat... Just saying.

This Super Bowl will potentially erase all ill feelings of the 10 year drought, it will also totally submit the NFL and all who discuss it. It will bring the dynasty back to par in my mind. It seems as if the harvest has fully ripened and now the dynasty will reap all it has sown with no fear or inhabition. The ubermensch phase if you will.

F*cking crazy to think BB and TB went 10 years without winning a SB, after SB39 if you would said they would go 10 years without winning a SB good luck and you would of got torn a new one.

Amazing looking back on the progression and perspective that lead to where things are now.

I remember looking at the first trophy and being mezmorized over the idea they had one of THE Lombardi trophies in their possession forever, and that it’d be available for viewing for years and years to come.

Then came two. Holy shinto...TWO of them?...

Then it was three. While it was an embarrassment of riches seeing those three trophies and banners, the itch of greed grew as each year passed. Having seen ****tsburgh win in the 05 and 08 seasons, and going through two heartbreaks in 07 and 11 didn’t make things any better.

Now they’ve got a chance to double the amount of trophies that they spent a decade with? Unreal.

Brady going to 9 Superbowls is amazing. In a way it makes me appreciate Bill Russell winning 11 rings even more. Think of how long that dominance was. LA must have lost their minds when Russell was playing.

I use to root for 1st downs. Let’s just worry about the game at hand. Of course I would like him getting 8. But I was happy with 1. He has a chance at 6. I am ecstatic and old. But all these rings are happy endings for me. One at a time

I remember that 1-15 year, man. Rod Rust. Perspective is a beautiful thing.

Oh, and I still root for first downs on every series. That's what makes this run so amazing. The only true deep threat was Randy Moss, and you could make an argument that he did his best work in 2008 with Matt Cassell to keep the Patriots in the hunt until the last game of the season. He and Wes Welker were extraordinary that year. That was the last year they missed the playoffs.

Since 2008 the Patriots have been to 5 Super Bowls (including this week's game), won 10 AFC East titles, been to 8 AFCC games. Arguably, the KC win last week was the biggest victory in those games since it was on the road and the Patriots were the underdog. Personally, my favorite was blowing out the Steelers in 2016 before the Falcons SB win. Best run in NFL history.

I remember that 1-15 year, man. Rod Rust. Perspective is a beautiful thing.

Oh, and I still root for first downs on every series. That's what makes this run so amazing. The only true deep threat was Randy Moss, and you could make an argument that he did his best work in 2008 with Matt Cassell to keep the Patriots in the hunt until the last game of the season. He and Wes Welker were extraordinary that year. That was the last year they missed the playoffs.

Since 2008 the Patriots have been to 5 Super Bowls (including this week's game), won 10 AFC East titles, been to 8 AFCC games. Arguably, the KC win last week was the biggest victory in those games since it was on the road and the Patriots were the underdog. Personally, my favorite was blowing out the Steelers in 2016 before the Falcons SB win. Best run in NFL history.

The crazy thing about that 08 season was they finished 11-5 and didn’t make the playoffs

.666 seems appropriate for the haters.

F*cking crazy to think BB and TB went 10 years without winning a SB, after SB39 if you would said they would go 10 years without winning a SB good luck and you would of got torn a new one.
...which shows how really, really, really, really hard it is to win a SB.

Hard to fathom they went 3 years in a row without going to an AFCCG

The greatest dynasty went 10 years without winning a SB.

What they are in the middle of doing is beyond absurd.

This will never happen again. Ever.

16 division titles- 10 straight
13 AFC Championship game appearances- 8 straight
9 AFC Championships
5 Super Bowl Championships- 3 straight

Yep, they should've won 3 more during the Lost Decade (after 2006, '07 & 2011) and possibly gone to 2 others (2010 & '12). Even during this recent run, they should've won one more (2017) and possibly gone to another (2015). Damn shame. And now Sean Payton, the Saints & the Zebras have greatly fecked up our chances at this one too, may they all rot in hell.

This is the life of Patriots fans haha

I still remember just wanting to see them win a ring. Now, I find myself wondering if Brady will win 6 or 7 rings.

This is the life of Patriots fans haha

I still remember just wanting to see them win a ring. Now, I find myself wondering if Brady will win 6 or 7 rings.
And as a long time fan, appreciate every single winning season and take nothing for granted. It really can't get much better and it could easily be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes