PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady has to win 7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
666 is never good ... for anything.

Then again if Brady is the beast then it has 7 heads and ten horns.

502014147_univ_lsr_lg.jpg

Last edited:
I’d be perfectly content with six. We as fans have been spoiled beyond reasoning and this two-decade run will never be equalled.

Even with a loss, any potential heir to Tom either has to win 6 bowls or win 5 and go to 10 (ten!!!) bowls. Anything less and I wouldn’t consider that other QB.

I would like 7 just because it would be more than any othet team. But it would be hard to turn your nose up at 6.

I’d be perfectly content with six. We as fans have been spoiled beyond reasoning and this two-decade run will never be equalled.

Even with a loss, any potential heir to Tom either has to win 6 bowls or win 5 and go to 10 (ten!!!) bowls. Anything less and I wouldn’t consider that other QB.

Agree. Though I was perfectly happy with 5 but now feel like 6 is a better indicator of this dominance.

Rewind 5 years to the Pats getting their ass kicked in Denver and then seeing Denver get wrecked by the Seahawks and I really felt that we were never gonna get that elusive 4th one. Brady was gonna be 37 in the upcoming year and it just seemed like we were a mile away from being a real contender. I just wanted that 4th and I swore I’d be content.

Now somehow we’re on the edge of winning another 3. And I want more. That’s beyond crazy. Greed is a hell of a drug.

Rewind 5 years to the Pats getting their ass kicked in Denver and then seeing Denver get wrecked by the Seahawks and I really felt that we were never gonna get that elusive 4th one. Brady was gonna be 37 in the upcoming year and it just seemed like we were a mile away from being a real contender. I just wanted that 4th and I swore I’d be content.

Now somehow we’re on the edge of winning another 3. And I want more. That’s beyond crazy. Greed is a hell of a drug.
I remember feeling great relief with number 4.

Never would I imagine that getting the elusive number 6 would be more about relief than gravy for me as well!

Brady has to win 10. Somebody change the thread!

I use to root for 1st downs. Let’s just worry about the game at hand. Of course I would like him getting 8. But I was happy with 1. He has a chance at 6. I am ecstatic and old. But all these rings are happy endings for me. One at a time

Wasn't Bart Starr was 5-0 in SBs and championships finals? If so, I think that 7-3 would clearly surpass that figure. This is esp true since Brady has had to win far far more playoff games to achieve his Finals wins. Starr is 9-1 in playoff games and Brady is 27-9.

Wasn't Bart Starr was 5-0 in SBs and championships finals? If so, I think that 7-3 would clearly surpass that figure. This is esp true since Brady has had to win far far more playoff games to achieve his Finals wins. Starr is 9-1 in playoff games and Brady is 27-9.
Starr lost NFL championship in 1960 to the Eagles.

7 is my magic number.

Having a full dynasty worth of additional rings over Montana/Bradshaw + one more championship than Jordan. Brady having 3 more rings than the second closer guy is what feels like an accurate reflection of the run.

And as everyone else has said, I realize how absurd/greedy this all is and I'm just focused on Sunday. :D

Last edited:
Starr lost NFL championship in 1960 to the Eagles.
The other night they were showing highlights from early SB’s including I and II. I really didn’t appreciate how good Bart Starr was at the time, but he was a helluva QB. A lot like Brady in terms of accuracy and efficiency, and had good mobility as well. Underrated all timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back