PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Hand Injury News, Tweets, etc. (Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And may I just say. I thought we had a rule against posting rolling stones music. And if we don't we should

This post managed to go off the rails in about 3 seconds...

It’s becoming clear that Brady will not play like his usual self on Sunday.

It is not clear at all. We don't know the nature of the injury, its severity, the prognosis or the average time it takes to heal.

However, I am confident that Bill and Josh will come up with a proper game plan. This is the same head coach who won the 2001 AFCCG despite brady going out at the end of the 2nd quarter. He has won games before both without TB12 and with a limited TB12. The rest of the offense and defense will need to step up. Thankfully we are not playing a top team.

Once JAX won last Sunday I felt for this matchup the team was going to run the ball more than average anyway. Clearly that game plan depends on the score but if the concern is the pass rush and the CBs, then running the ball and throws to RBs and inside 20yds will be the emphasis.

And the media thinks when they get TB in a press conference they’ll get solid information from him. That’s funny as I’m sure we know he’ll be saying something along the lines that this isn’t the first time he’s been injured and he’ll be ready to go.

At Patriotlinks this morning 4 0f 5 Herald top stories are Brady related, give it a rest there are at least 52 other stories to write about.

It is not clear at all. We don't know the nature of the injury, its severity, the prognosis or the average time it takes to heal.

Once JAX won last Sunday I felt for this matchup the team was going to run the ball more than average anyway. Clearly that game plan depends on the score but if the concern is the pass rush and the CBs, then running the ball and throws to RBs and inside 20yds will be the emphasis.

Well, he’s not 100% for certain, unless Brady is pulling a Paul Pierce in the NBA Finals (I wish). Even if Brady is at 80%, Bill and Josh will have to compensate with a slightly altered game plan.

I get your point but bledsoe>hoyer and by a Longshot
Hoyer not as bad as everyone says... Bledsoe did good at end of half, then just manageable the second half of that game. ST won that game.

Belichick can definitely win this game with Hoyer. Need Brady for the Super Bowl though I would think.

I do not believe the stitches story by the way. Or the bone piercing skin story.... both of those would mean they would rule him out already. Neither of those things are true. He jammed his hand and it is swelling, that I believe to be the extent of it.
Bones piercing Brady's hand is all speculation.
However, the older fans here will all remember a similar situation with Drew Bledsoe, who broke his index finger in the 1998 season. He got two pins inserted and played the following game. Reports were one of the pins pierced the skin, he got the finger retaped, and finished the game.

Can we please pump the brakes on this Chao quack diagnosing an injury from Twitter rumors. ONE person out of everyone covering the patriots mentioned bleeding and said it was a little blood. Suddenly we have bones poking through skin and brady sneaking off to a veterinary hospital for stitches.
Well....at TB12 there was an outbreak of kennel cough.

However, the older fans here will all remember a similar situation with Drew Bledsoe, who broke his index finger in the 1998 season. He got two pins inserted and played the following game. Reports were one of the pins pierced the skin, he got the finger retaped, and finished the game.
Yes I tell my son about Drew a lot.

the Index Finger would be better than the thumb though. I believe it was Drew's index finger right?

Well, he’s not 100% for certain, unless Brady is pulling a Paul Pierce in the NBA Finals (I wish).

I love The Truth but that was an embarrassment.

Even if Brady is at 80%, Bill and Josh will have to compensate with a slightly altered game plan.

I'm not convinced of that.

I'm sure there have been dozens of games in which Tom had an injury in which would make you and I bedridden for days but for him (and with a little help from the drug fairy) still allowed him to execute the game plan and perform at a high level.

Can we please pump the brakes on this Chao quack diagnosing an injury from Twitter rumors. ONE person out of everyone covering the patriots mentioned bleeding and said it was a little blood. Suddenly we have bones poking through skin and brady sneaking off to a veterinary hospital for stitches.
He is going to have a hard time throwing with that cone around his neck

the Index Finger would be better than the thumb though. I believe it was Drew's index finger right?
Well, you need the thumb to grip but the index finger is important from an accuracy standpoint

Drew was never accurate anyway so it was less of an issue for him :p

I love The Truth but that was an embarrassment.

I'm not convinced of that.

I'm sure there have been dozens of games in which Tom had an injury in which would make you and I bedridden for days but for him (and with a little help from the drug fairy) still allowed him to execute the game plan and perform at a high level.

How many times has he injured his throwing hand though? If he plays with that splint or glove it’s going to be a distraction (he almost never wears a glove on his right hand). Those things are going to affect his ability to throw.

That combined with Chao's speculation of a non-fracture skin penetration sounds ugly. I'm imagining TB getting his thumb jammed so hard that a bone poked out through the skin. If you can do that without any ligament or cartilage damage affecting grip strength then I guess I'm ok. Otherwise ... :eek::mad::(

If that was the case, he wouldn't be "meeting the medical staff at Gillette". Rather, he would be at Mass General, in the O.R., getting his hand put together.

...and don't forget that both of those games (the one he was injured and the following ones) were games won on last second touchdown drives (technically the one against the Bills there was NO TIME on the clock when they won).

How many times has he injured his throwing hand though?

I'm sure more than you and I know.

If he plays with that splint or glove it’s going to be a distraction (he almost never wears a glove on his right hand). Those things are going to affect his ability to throw.

Look- I'm not trying to be sunshine and rainbows here. If its a severe hand injury that impacts his throwing then that is a major concern.

I'm just not getting caught up in the speculation or worrying about something that is potentially nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back