PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
@luuked (and others), your hero just called you a moron. You going to be okay?

No clue what you are referring to. Please point me to posts where I said that OTAs were relevant for Brady. I have always called them glorified conditioning sessions when it comes to actual football.

I think you are conflating this with me saying that if Curran's reporting 2 years ago about Brady staying away for financial reasons is true then we should stop talking about how much of a selfless leader he is.

Which turned out to be another idiotic highlight of Curran's thoughts because now we clearly know why Brady switched up his routine (ie. his family). From that angle you are right and I should have known better than taking Curran at face value, but I didn't realize that in 2018 and thought Curran was still deeply plugged in to Brady's camp.

But please keep me out of the OTA and chemistry nonsense. I said it before but the "practice" done in OTAs when it comes to WR and TE can also be done by Hoyer. He lacks the physical ability but understands the offense and where players need to be perfectly fine.

sounds like brady was gone long before free agency.

Some interesting snippets...

To build on the BB quote:

and also pretty insightful Brady acknowledging that he essentially kinda expected 2019 to be his last year in Foxboro:

Sorry if someone posted them in the mean time.

No clue what you are referring to. Please point me to posts where I said that OTAs were relevant for Brady. I have always called them glorified conditioning sessions when it comes to actual football.

I think you are conflating this with me saying that if Curran's reporting 2 years ago about Brady staying away for financial reasons is true then we should stop talking about how much of a selfless leader he is.

Which turned out to be another idiotic highlight of Curran's thoughts because now we clearly know why Brady switched up his routine (ie. his family). From that angle you are right and I should have known better than taking Curran at face value, but I didn't realize that in 2018 and thought Curran was still deeply plugged in to Brady's camp.

But please keep me out of the OTA and chemistry nonsense. I said it before but the "practice" done in OTAs when it comes to WR and TE can also be done by Hoyer. He lacks the physical ability but understands the offense and where players need to be perfectly fine.

Here you go...

OTAs - TB absence thread

Just a continuation of his modus operandi throughout the entire preseason. But I am sure some people will continue to pretend that nothing has changed with Brady over the last 12 months. Keep your fingers in your ears and pretend everything is exactly as usual guys.

Also lets stop the it is voluntary narrative. Either you are in or not. Butler got benched for a few days because he showed up late to OTAs. It clearly is important in the team building / team culture sense.

Team building means the team performance suffers without him at OTAs. You then went on to rate this post "winner"...

I can't believe the people lining up to say that there is nothing to be gained by Brady attending the OTAs. Brady himself has constantly preached the importance of showing up and getting to know the guys, his receivers, and working on football chemistry.

Obviously, Brady and the team are losing an opportunity to get better. This is clear. Otherwise, why even have OTAs. You people re making excuses. It is really kind of sad.

I get why Brady doesn't want to show up, but the team is worse off having Brady stay away than show up.

All you folks defending this decision...>Do you think it is better for Brady to participate or not participate in OTAs?

The answer is obvious.

LMFAO. Finally...

Where did the poster even remotely imply that he is "hating" Brady ?

Any post that uses that stupid "greatest QB of all time" line to somehow invalidate people having critical thoughts of Brady is just laughable. TB stressed for about 15 years how important every phase in the offseason is and how every rep is essential. Anyone who is not questioning what is going on with him and his shift of priorities over the last 12 months is just ignoring the obvious thing that is unfolding.

Similarly we got spoon fed the stories about how he always wanted to be coached hard. not being treated any differently and be a locker room leader for well over a decade now. Where has that guy gone ? Was he ever really there ? Or was all of that easier to take when it all aligned with his personal goals ?

None of the criticism that he is rightfully receiving for his decision to stay away from OTAs in light of his remarks in the past mean that people "hate him". You can be a fan of what he has achieved but at the same time wonder where all of this is going.

Now, if you ended up walking this crap back later on after that, that's fine. But that doesn't change what you initially felt on the matter. And you were far from alone.

Here you go...

OTAs - TB absence thread

Team building means the team performance suffers without him at OTAs. You then went on to rate this post "winner"...

LMFAO. Finally...

Now, if you ended up walking this crap back later on after that, that's fine. But that doesn't change what you initially felt on the matter. And you were far from alone.

I dont really see your point with those quotes. The every "rep is essential" is a Brady quote not mine and only meant to show the disconnect between what he was saying for years about OTAs and then not attending.

The overall theme of my posts was centered on the alleged lack of satisfaction with money and the sudden emergence of him as a brand (TB12) through that season (hello concussion water and facebook series). At least that is where I was coming from.

Now it is clear that most of those changes had nothing to do with anything else but him spending more time with his family.

Anyway I dont care. If any of my words implied at any point that OTAs were a big deal in terms of practice let me say unequivocally that this is obvious ******** and I shouldn't have said that.

In terms of team building and getting to known people it clearly doesn't hurt but he clearly could accomplish the very same thing in his private catch sessions or within one day of camp.

OTAs dont matter much for veterans.

I dont really see your point with those quotes. The every "rep is essential" is a Brady quote not mine and only meant to show the disconnect between what he was saying for years about OTAs and then not attending.

The overall theme of my posts was centered on the alleged lack of satisfaction with money and the sudden emergence of him as a brand (TB12) through that season (hello concussion water and facebook series). At least that is where I was coming from.

Now it is clear that most of those changes had nothing to do with anything else but him spending more time with his family.

Anyway I dont care. If any of my words implied at any point that OTAs were a big deal in terms of practice let me say unequivocally that this is obvious ******** and I shouldn't have said that.

In terms of team building and getting to known people it clearly doesn't hurt but he clearly could accomplish the very same thing in his private catch sessions or within one day of camp.

OTAs dont matter much for veterans.

Fair enough.

@Elijah are you satisfied with our ****s?

Not sure which Giant it was (Osi?) who said the Giants defense was “seeing red” when they heard this comment. It didn’t help. Especially the crack about “is Plax going to play defense?” - what does that say to the defensive players they already have. I have a really good idea what Rodney Harrison and Bruschi would think about a comment like this if it was another team’s QB back in the day.

Anyway the point is people say Belichick has a huge ego. I agree and clearly Tom has a huge ego too. Also explains his comments on why he left.

You're right. I never saw this article before, but Osi says he and other defensive players were really fired about Brady's comments. I guess it doesn't matter if Brady didn't "start" the trash talk or if he thought he was being funny, you never want to give an opposing team any ammunition.

In searching for this article, I also learned that Umenyiora hates the Patriots, so I'm glad he had to watch them win 3 more Super Bowls.

Reactions: sb1
To build on the BB quote:

and also pretty insightful Brady acknowledging that he essentially kinda expected 2019 to be his last year in Foxboro:

Sorry if someone posted them in the mean time.

Yeah I posted before , this Tampa thing is bradys bonus years. Hes got it made... 50mil guaranteed. Warm weather natural grass. Done deal. The house deal looks like crappy privacy tho.

So at this writing, the U.S. has had 14,604 deaths, per Worldmeter.

As our Patsfans virologists know, I only have 1 contribution here, tracking what has been a fairly steady weekly quintupling (Sat.-Sat., for instance - so really every 8th day.)

That 8-day quintupling got us to 7,500 sometime last Saturday morning. It's Wednesday the 8th now, and we're at 14,604 (i.e., only 3 days left in the period and we have only doubled, thus far!)

These numbers aren't minute, but they are still smallish, and therefore sensitive. But for right now, it really does look like curve flattening - consider, we're past halfway and we're a hair short of doubling the deaths in the last 4+ days.

Unless there's a blip, even if we double again in the next 3+ days - a re-acceleration - that gets us to just north of 29,000 deaths. A quintupling Saturday - Saturday would get us to 37,500.

So, I wouldn't get ****y just yet, especially with so many hot spots constantly forming. But we were least ready when the first places got hit. Washington and Cali were smart and contained. NY seems to have had a ton of spread before they locked down.

Rooting for the trend to hold.

Brady maybe gone but not forgotten by the national media.

Earlier today I checked PFT and 4 of the 11 listed stories concerned Brady.

He's got his new house, his uniform number, new uniform and countless interviews and saved marriage.

Can you please now sit back in Jeters pool and play with your kids and stay out of the news.

Its hard to get over the loss if I have to hear about you every freaking day.

Last edited:
Is he still gone ... is the wake over yet?

I wish him well and look forward to the new chapter of our Patriots.

I'm really beginning to wonder why Brady didn't just retire. What on earth makes him think that a new team will somehow let him have more "family time"? A new team has new plays with new schemes with new players, requiring even *more* time away from his family.

I guess he's trying to get his wife to leave him.

I'm really beginning to wonder why Brady didn't just retire. What on earth makes him think that a new team will somehow let him have more "family time"? A new team has new plays with new schemes with new players, requiring even *more* time away from his family.

I guess he's trying to get his wife to leave him.
I wrote this in the other thread but I believe Brady and Giselle are quietly separating. Hence why she is in NY full time with the kids and he is in Tampa. She knew full well that his commitment would go way up when he joined a new team so the compromise was that he tried to stay on the east coast for the sake of the kids.

One of our sons has lived all over the world and he told me once that when he would tell foreigners he's from the northeast US he'd hear two words much of the time to describe us. Rude and Ignorant. These Brady posts are a great example.
Decades ago the term might have been "ugly American"

Ugly American (pejorative) - Wikipedia

Decades ago the term might have been "ugly American"

Ugly American (pejorative) - Wikipedia

Unfortunately, my older brother is one of those and he spends time in other countries. Picture a slightly overweight man wearing Bermuda shorts, black socks and sandals, puffing on a big cigar while acting like a big shot.

Here you go...

OTAs - TB absence thread

LMFAO. Finally...

Oh look at me, being the voice of reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes