PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cap didn't allow paying them. They were paid last year and played well. Hence the point team was " all in".

Too bad the offense Sucked Beyond Belief in Brady's contract year. While MCD couldn't manage to make it work.

I will repeat and extend my comments.

I think that the decision on Brady was made in 2019. As far as the other three and sense, we could easily have kept them all if we wanted to pay the money.

THE ALTERNATIVE
don't franchise Thuney
Collins $5.4M
Van Noy $5.4M
Shelton $4.2M (less bonus than McCourty)

You totally ignore or dismiss perspective. You cherry pick stats to make Brady look washed up. Are you trying to convince us or yourself or are you sure you're not Max Kellerman posting here under an alias?

Brady had an 88 rating for the season. That is less than Matt Cassel had in 2008. Just saying.

Cherry picking is using a small sample size to fit your narrative. I’m not doing that. 78 passer rating after October is relevant because that’s when they started playing good teams instead of trash. What perspective is there other than he wasn’t very good and neither was the rest of the offense?

LOL no I’m not Kellerman.

Brady had an 88 rating for the season. That is less than Matt Cassel had in 2008. Just saying.

Cherry picking is using a small sample size to fit your narrative. I’m not doing that. 78 passer rating after October is relevant because that’s when they started playing good teams instead of trash. What perspective is there other than he wasn’t very good and neither was the rest of the offense?

LOL no I’m not Kellerman.

Over the course of the season, they lost Gordon and Brown, and had Edelman get so dinged up that he couldn't raise his arms, and traded for Sanu only to have him suffer an ankle sprain that made him, effectively, a non-NFL level player.

So, when people talk about cherry picking, they're talking about exactly what you're doing.

Brady had very similar stats in 2013 when he had a poor supporting cast. He clearly was not washed up. Lose starting center right before start of season, starting left tackle after a game or 2, fullback and 2 WR's then people wonder why he struggled. He looked incredible before Wynn was hurt and he had Gordon and AB in lineup.

Over the course of the season, they lost Gordon and Brown, and had Edelman get so dinged up that he couldn't raise his arms, and traded for Sanu only to have him suffer an ankle sprain that made him, effectively, a non-NFL level player.

So, when people talk about cherry picking, they're talking about exactly what you're doing.

Brady had very similar stats in 2013 when he had a poor supporting cast. He clearly was not washed up. Lose starting center right before start of season, starting left tackle after a game or 2, fullback and 2 WR's then people wonder why he struggled. He looked incredible before Wynn was hurt and he had Gordon and AB in lineup.

This is pretty much it.

When AB was in the lineup, Brady was flat out unstoppable- walking downfield at will even when Andrews and Wynn was out, Newhouse was acting like a gracious doorman, and Gosty was missing all those kicks in Miami.

That offense was really clicking, then Orchid Bob suddenly developed a conscience, although I don't deny that AB self-destructing didn't help things.

But I really believe that if AB had stayed on the roster, things would have turned out much different.

I just wanted to post on page 100....

Brady gone.. 20 years wow... I guess it was time, huh..? The best part of it , is being able to answer some of this debate by watching him with different receivers and no excuses..

But one question is the scheme. Brady threw TDs to open guys , meaning if scheme gets guys open in TB... then he should have success providing he doesnt melt down in the pocket. We shall see. :cool:

Brady gone.. 20 years wow... I guess it was time, huh..? The best part of it , is being able to answer some of this debate by watching him with different receivers and no excuses..

But one question is the scheme. Brady threw TDs to open guys , meaning if scheme gets guys open in TB... then he should have success providing he doesnt melt down in the pocket. We shall see. :cool:
He has the weapons in Tampa that will get open regardless of scheme. I think his season is going to be epic.

He has the weapons in Tampa that will get open regardless of scheme. I think his season is going to be epic.

What’s epic? I’m going 4, 800 passing yards to go with 40 tds and 7 int.

Even IF the same offer was there.... it’s good. We’ve moved on. New era. Thank you, Brady, for your intensity and the wins !

I wish there would have been a way to keep Brady and let him finish his career here, but there wasn't. We should all be thankful for Bill & Tom's Excellence Adventure.

As for your avatar, one of my sons was a big hit last week when he posed for that same pick and put it on facebook. When we saw the Tiger King's campaign manager originally, we all noticed how much he looks like our son.

Brady might have thrown to some well-covered receivers in his days here, especially in the playoffs.
I wouldn't bet on Brady melting in the pocket either.

It was all Bill's doing. Team comes before everything else and if he wanted to re sign Brady, he would have done it. Time to move on.

I wish there would have been a way to keep Brady and let him finish his career here

There was. Belichick chose to go in a different direction.

Brady might have thrown to some well-covered receivers in his days here, especially in the playoffs.
I wouldn't bet on Brady melting in the pocket either.

I can't believe we have to wait for 4 months. This will be fun to watch.. thx to Brady.. it's like his bonus career. If he lights it up... idk. It's not possible right? Haha :D

When AB was in the lineup, Brady was flat out unstoppable- walking downfield at will even when Andrews and Wynn was out, Newhouse was acting like a gracious doorman, and Gosty was missing all those kicks in Miami.

That offense was really clicking, then Orchid Bob suddenly developed a conscience, although I don't deny that AB self-destructing didn't help things.

But I really believe that if AB had stayed on the roster, things would have turned out much different.

For one we’d have had a bye in the playoffs but maybe the “historic” defense would’ve still let Fitzpatrick drive down for a game winner

Last edited:
What’s epic? I’m going 4, 800 passing yards to go with 40 tds and 7 int.

Im going with a 13-3 record and mvp conversation for TB12

Probably why the people saying he was washed want the season cancled

Im going with a 13-3 record and mvp conversation for TB12

Probably why the people saying he was washed want the season cancled

Doubt Brady will be in the MVP conversation unless he and Gronk are taking other things besides avocado ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes