PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside, what happens next year won't give us much of an answer to the Bellichick or Brady question. ESPN show a Vikings Packers game from 2009 the other night. It was in October of that year and Farves' first chance to play against the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. Farve was great in that game and beat the Packers. In fact he outplayed Rodgers all season and took the Vikes all the way to the NFCCG, while the Pack was one and done in the playoffs.

After that year there was a lot of talk about the Packers making a mistake getting rid of Farve too soon. Looking back a decade later, clearly they did the right thing despite Farve's All pro 2009 season.

Just a thought.
I takes time to get answers to a lot of things.

And it's unpredictable when if ever the truth is revealed.

All this talk about last year's training camp completely ignores the fact that Brady didn't sign his last Patriots contract until August 4th - 10 days into camp. Since he signed it August 4th, he must have already made it clear before the start of camp that he wanted that contract. I don't blame the Patriots one bit for starting to prepare for Brady's departure since they most likely knew it before last year's training camp.

That actually occurred during the third quarter, but your point still stands...

Thx.. the playback on fox-1 was moving along as I was posting and trying to process it. Ug..

At this point, after the draft, the Bucs are looking at something like this

QB – Brady (Gabbert, Griffin)
RB – Jones, Vaughn (Ogunbowale, Calais)
TE – Gronk, Howard, Brate (Hudson, McElroy)

WR – Evans, Godwin, Johnson (Grayson, Mickens, Schnell)
OL - Smith, Marpet, Jensen, Cappa, Wirfs (Haeg, Stinnie)

DL – Suh, Vea, JPP (Gholston, Nunez-Roches, O’Connor, Davis)
LB – David, White, Barrett (Daniels, Minter, Dawkins, Nelson, Russell)
CB – Murphy-Bunting, Davis (Smith, Dean, Franklin III, Stewart, Wilkins)
S – Winfield, Whitehead (Adams, Edwards, Evans)

At this point, after the draft, the Bucs are looking at something like this

QB – Brady (Gabbert, Griffin)
RB – Jones, Vaughn (Ogunbowale, Calais)
TE – Gronk, Howard, Brate (Hudson, McElroy)

WR – Evans, Godwin, Johnson (Grayson, Mickens, Schnell)
OL - Smith, Marpet, Jensen, Cappa, Wirfs (Haeg, Stinnie)

DL – Suh, Vea, JPP (Gholston, Nunez-Roches, O’Connor, Davis)
LB – David, White, Barrett (Daniels, Minter, Dawkins, Nelson, Russell)
CB – Murphy-Bunting, Davis (Smith, Dean, Franklin III, Stewart, Wilkins)
S – Winfield, Whitehead (Adams, Edwards, Evans)
60b.png

As an aside, what happens next year won't give us much of an answer to the Bellichick or Brady question. ESPN show a Vikings Packers game from 2009 the other night. It was in October of that year and Farves' first chance to play against the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. Farve was great in that game and beat the Packers. In fact he outplayed Rodgers all season and took the Vikes all the way to the NFCCG, while the Pack was one and done in the playoffs.

After that year there was a lot of talk about the Packers making a mistake getting rid of Farve too soon. Looking back a decade later, clearly they did the right thing despite Farve's All pro 2009 season.

Just a thought.

yeah.

Brady will probably do well in TB. I doubt he will do as well as the Brady cheerleaders hope but they’ll put up good numbers and they’ll win games. That doesn’t mean if he stayed he would have done the same here.

QB’s with a 78 passer rating after October don’t make me wish they stayed. Lots of backup QBs in this league could have done that.

Last edited:
yeah.

Brady will probably do well in TB. I doubt he will do as well as the Brady cheerleaders hope but they’ll put up good numbers and they’ll win games. That doesn’t mean if he stayed he would have done the same here.

QB’s with a 78 passer rating after October don’t make me wish they stayed. Lots of backup QBs in this league could have done that.

It was simply time. I hope Brady and Gronk win a SB down there and I also hope Stidham and Bill win one up here. I'm shocked how many people have so quickly turned on them (not accusing you). They both gave everything.

I think the 78 passer rating had more to do with the supporting cast. If you swapped Brady and Brees last year I really believe the Saints win the SB and the Pats don't make the playoffs. Brees had all day to throw with that line, a top receiver in Thomas, an above average TE in Cook, a balanced running game and a duel weapon in Hill. Bridgewater was almost no drop with that talent. I think Brees is a great guy but he's overrated as a QB and has consistently done less with more in the big moments than anybody with less than one forehead.

What did Tom have? Newhouse and the rest of the leaky line (minus Thuney and when healthy Winn), a beat to hell JE11 and James White. Once teams started treating White like a receiver there was nothing else.

yeah.

Brady may put up an amazing stats season. The offense is completely loaded. He'll be in range for 5000 yards and could even hit 50 TDs if multiple things go right. It sounds high but Brady is hyper competitive like Manning when Manning first went to Denver. It was always Tampa's secondary which was their achilles and Winfield may help a lot

Brady may put up an amazing stats season. The offense is completely loaded. He'll be in range for 5000 yards and could even hit 50 TDs if multiple things go right. It sounds high but Brady is hyper competitive like Manning when Manning first went to Denver. It was always Tampa's secondary which was their achilles and Winfield may help a lot

Manning was 35 though when he went to the Broncos. Huge gap in football years between 35 and 43...

Manning was 35 though when he went to the Broncos. Huge gap in football years between 35 and 43...

But Manning didn't use pliability, avocado, and 10 gallons of water daily

Y’all know SB1 just trolls Brady threads right

But Manning didn't use pliability, avocado, and 10 gallons of water daily

Maybe but seems easier for a younger guy to adjust to a new team and a weird schedule like this season probably will have.

It was simply time. I hope Brady and Gronk win a SB down there and I also hope Stidham and Bill win one up here. I'm shocked how many people have so quickly turned on them (not accusing you). They both gave everything.

I think the 78 passer rating had more to do with the supporting cast. If you swapped Brady and Brees last year I really believe the Saints win the SB and the Pats don't make the playoffs. Brees had all day to throw with that line, a top receiver in Thomas, an above average TE in Cook, a balanced running game and a duel weapon in Hill. Bridgewater was almost no drop with that talent. I think Brees is a great guy but he's overrated as a QB and has consistently done less with more in the big moments than anybody with less than one forehead.

What did Tom have? Newhouse and the rest of the leaky line (minus Thuney and when healthy Winn), a beat to hell JE11 and James White. Once teams started treating White like a receiver there was nothing else.

Yeah I didn’t turn on Brady but he is no longer on my team so I’ve moved on. I am not going out of my way to cheer for the guy unless it helps my own team. The moment he retires I will celebrate his career as loud as I’ve ever celebrated anyone but until then he is no different to me now than Mahomes, Brees, Ben or any other rival QB. I don’t think any of us go out of our way to analyze their team rosters like we have for the Bucs these days.

The supporting cast no doubt hurt the offense - but the QB was to blame too. The OL was much better late in the season but the QB wasn’t. I remember the days when Brady elevated the offense around him. He didn’t last year and to be honest the pouting and attitude was a side of him I never saw before and made it much easier to move on than I thought it would be. That press conference after the Eagles win was embarrassing. It’s like he checked out. Maybe he did.

Last edited:
Is anyone keeping their promise that they're gone when Brady is gone?

yeah.

Dumbass post.

yeah.

You totally ignore or dismiss perspective. You cherry pick stats to make Brady look washed up. Are you trying to convince us or yourself or are you sure you're not Max Kellerman posting here under an alias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back