PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady first half MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wat???? His 1 yard TD catches are getting blown out of proportion. He's having a great season but I don't think he's ahead of Brady at all - yet alone on par with Rodgers. Maybe if the Houston defense was on a Seahawks-like tear and the Texans were 12-0. But I just can't see how Watt deserves to be ahead of Brady or Rodgers.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/12/03/jj-watt-houston-texans-case-nfl-mvp

He's having one hell of a season defensively--aside from his "1 yard catches."

11.5 sacks

5 fumble recoveries

3 forced fumbles

1 INT (for touchdown)

1 fumble recovery (for touchdown)

The above link is from an article on Sports Illustrated, who has stated the exact same thing that I said, in regards to it clearly being Watt vs. Rodgers.

He'll have to do it without Clowney for the rest of the season. Apparently, Clowney was right about his knee still being wrong after the first surgery.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ouston-texans-knee-surgery-go-injured-reserve

That doesn't sound good. Much harder to correct healed but poorly performed corrective surgery than do the surgery right first time.

I hope Clowney makes a full recovery.

Edit: Based on the article, I do not stand by the pelt performed surgery aspect.

Swelling will happen when surgery is performed and then said high stress joint is performed upon at the professional level. You can only fix the same ligament/tissue so many times. Even with the much advanced connective tissue science of today, you can only deal with the same point so much before degradation takes place. Bones are slightly more forgiving, but require significant artificial reinforcement. Cutting again doesn't sound like the best idea, but I'm no doc.

Edited to add:
All that said, HGH is generally considered a healing enabler. While it may be used to accelerate general tissue response to lifting (the healing process), it is much more valuable to million dollar athletes recovering to all sorts of "common" injuries. To me, these guys should have all available access to recouperative therapy. They sacrifice their bodies in a weekly basis. They should also be ensured the best healing process possible to not only continue their living, but ensure their quality of life beyond the game.

I am not saying every trainer should be waking around with HGH to inject daily, but rather allow INJURED players use the documented (and relatively low side effects, outside of goobers massive head, ditto Barry Bonds) benefits of HGH for tissue regeneration. While HGH certainly is not a cure all for catastrophic injury, it certainly has its benefits. I think it is the least the league could afford an employee base that suffers from employment incurred injury as one of the main causes of unemployment.

Sorry, kid woke up again. Teething a bit early and I can't get back to sleep...FFS

Last edited:
Tough call, when I wear my "homer glasses" it is clearly Brady.. but realistically it is very close.. Watt, Rodgers and Mr. Fantasy Football(Manning)...

Do not care all that much as long as they get #1 seed in the tournament and then win 3 in a row..

He's having one hell of a season defensively--aside from his "1 yard catches."

11.5 sacks

5 fumble recoveries

3 forced fumbles

1 INT (for touchdown)

1 fumble recovery (for touchdown)

Even more remarkable because his position within that scheme is one where a highly successful player in that role (like Ty Warren) isn't expected to put up eye-popping stats. He's like Richard Seymour in his prime, but much better. And that's not taking anything away from Seymour.

Even more remarkable because his position within that scheme is one where a highly successful player in that role (like Ty Warren) isn't expected to put up eye-popping stats. He's like Richard Seymour in his prime, but much better. And that's not taking anything away from Seymour.

Unfair, IMO. Watt is being sent on the attack. Seymour was generally used as a classic 2-gap player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back