PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 5 more years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how things change. RBs used to be the golden boys of the NFL. Now they are unable to get decent contracts, are at huge risk for concussions, and are considered washed up at 30 years old.

QBs on the other hand are raking in the cash, and are apparently set to remain effective well into middle age :)

Funny how things change. RBs used to be the golden boys of the NFL. Now they are unable to get decent contracts, are at huge risk for concussions, and are considered washed up at 30 years old.

QBs on the other hand are raking in the cash, and are apparently set to remain effective well into middle age :)
Yea I am only 28 so the 40s aren't so fresh in my mind to remember that

Here’s a question for you guys. If Brady were to end up playing elsewhere, would you be a fan of that team? Could be a real possibility if he wants to play 5 more years.

No. It could NOT be a possibility.Period.
Brady will NEVER play for another team.
He would not allow it. Kraft would not allow it. BB would not allow it.
Get real,people. Anyone who seriously thinks that could happen knows NOTHING about TB, BB or RK.
He is different from anyone who's ever wore a Patriot uniform.
I don't want to hear about "well, Joe Montana,Michael Jordan etc,blah,blah,blah".
Sorry I get real offended by this. It's insulting to all 3 of those guys. Do you really think TB is going to try to hang on and play at a less than elite level?
If you do,then you know nothing about him. Same with BB,who's well aware that TB is by far the most important person ever involved with this franchise.
Both of them evaluate, but BB will never be as critical of TB as Tom is of himself.
There will be a plan in place, put together by both.
You must be one of those wacko Garropolites.

I find it very hard to separate my fandom of the Patriots from my fandom of Brady. They have morphed into one over the years. For me, Brady > Bird > Papi > etc. I can only imagine that Orr is comparable, but I'm 50, and too young for Orr. I really do root for Brady almost as much as I root for the Patriots.

Never write TB12 off!

Something that needs to be pointed out. Brady hasn't broken any new ground yet as far as the age barrier. Brady had a great year at 40? So did Favre.

Brady wants to have a solid year at 41? Vinny Testaverde played a full year at 41. It wasn't a good year though but he did play in 16 games. Moon made the probowl at 41 but didn't play in all 16 games.

If Brady plays in all 16 games and makes the probowl he will have done something no QB has ever achieved against father time.

I don't believe any QB has ever played a full season at 42. To me, next year is the year that he really breaks new ground in this regard.

Considering the world-view of our WR corps - that is, not very good - and the fact a rookie is slated to fill the Lewis role, I expect Brady to be Brady and lead the league in either TD's or yards. The result, another MVP.

It absolutely will be very ugly. Players will want payback for this terrible CBA.

Players have to be willing to miss an entire season, if not more. Their past actions indicate that they are not anywhere near willing to do that.

10 years ago, a protracted player strike would have really had an effect on my psyche>

Thanks to that goddamned ultra scumbag, Turdell, I am actually looking forward to it now.

Something that needs to be pointed out. Brady hasn't broken any new ground yet as far as the age barrier. Brady had a great year at 40? So did Favre.

Brady wants to have a solid year at 41? Vinny Testaverde played a full year at 41. It wasn't a good year though but he did play in 16 games. Moon made the probowl at 41 but didn't play in all 16 games.

If Brady plays in all 16 games and makes the probowl he will have done something no QB has ever achieved against father time.

I don't believe any QB has ever played a full season at 42. To me, next year is the year that he really breaks new ground in this regard.
I believe he said he "WANT'S to play 5 more", not WILL.

I don't mean that in an asshat way. Just sayin'

I like his "wants" :)

"I'll retire when I suck". All i hope is that he will be aware of his imminent decline one year too early rather than one year too late. By the way, I hope it will happen right after a last ring if not a SB MVP. And I hope he will by then get all those career records he and Brees are currently pursuing.

Last edited:
I don't agree.

NFLPA director says strike or lockout will 'almost certainly' hit NFL in near future

Steelers union rep to players: Start saving for possible 2021 lockout

Note that these links are from 2016, so they were already planning on it. Players were already being urged to save. Most will, some won't.

Yes, we've heard that song before. How'd that work out with the run up to the current CBA, which I was warning the NFLPA against, and where I was suggesting that the players had better hold out because the deal was so awful?

Players have to be willing to miss an entire season, if not more. Their past actions indicate that they are not anywhere near willing to do that.

I suspect the problem is that too many of the rank and file are in the 1-2 mil lucky to hang on for a couple of years category. There's an awful big gulf between the bottom and the top in this league.

Yes, we've heard that song before. How'd that work out with the run up to the current CBA, which I was warning the NFLPA against, and where I was suggesting that the players had better hold out because the deal was so awful?

Well, they've certainly learned their lessons, haven't they?

As much as I want to believe the 5 years, not sure he can make it through another 2 or 3 seasons at the most.. do not want to see him in decline or a shadow of what he once was..

Not sure winning another SB is the variable that will decide his fortune, health and ability to play at a high level may be more important...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News