PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 5 more years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I’ll take a couple more Super Bowls, why not.

Well, they've certainly learned their lessons, haven't they?
Probably not. The majority of NFL players probably can’t afford to miss a season’s worth of paychecks. They’ll get bent over the table again.

The thing to look forward to in 2020 is a strike shortened season of 8 games, thereby preserving Brady even more!!!!!

Players have to be willing to miss an entire season, if not more. Their past actions indicate that they are not anywhere near willing to do that.
B-I-N-G-O

It absolutely will be very ugly. Players will want payback for this terrible CBA.

I hope you're not referring to the player discipline stuff, because they don't care much about that and are not going to trade off any meaningful $, season length, etc. for changes to it.

(And they're rational to not care much about it. It doesn't affect many players, so the players and the NFLPA aren't going to be making sacrifices to change it.)

I find it very hard to separate my fandom of the Patriots from my fandom of Brady. They have morphed into one over the years. For me, Brady > Bird > Papi > etc. I can only imagine that Orr is comparable, but I'm 50, and too young for Orr. I really do root for Brady almost as much as I root for the Patriots.

I got a disagree on this post where I said I can't separate my fandom of Brady from my fandom of the Patriots.

How in the world can you disagree with a fact?

Guerrero is going to be busy making enough rhino afterbirth poultices to ensure that the rosemary smudges will ward away injuries.
Whatever gets you through your life
It's all right, it's all right. --
Alex Guer...um, John Lennon

I got a disagree on this post where I said I can't separate my fandom of Brady from my fandom of the Patriots.

Probably for the comparison of Orr to Brady.

It might have been that you forgot that Russell guy. I hear he was pretty good too.

Here’s a question for you guys. If Brady were to end up playing elsewhere, would you be a fan of that team? Could be a real possibility if he wants to play 5 more years.

After we gave up Garoppolo to keep him, which I'm sure involved some very serious and blunt conversations between Brady, Belichick and Kraft....

If he made everyone believe he was committed to 5 more years and retired or left for another team after 2, I'd be pretty pissed about it for awhile lol, probably until they found a legitimate replacement

Probably not. The majority of NFL players probably can’t afford to miss a season’s worth of paychecks. They’ll get bent over the table again.

That is what I believe the NFLPA severely underestimated the last time- I think they'll be much more prepared the next time, establishing a fund, taking out insurance, et al.

I hope you're not referring to the player discipline stuff, because they don't care much about that and are not going to trade off any meaningful $, season length, etc. for changes to it.

(And they're rational to not care much about it. It doesn't affect many players, so the players and the NFLPA aren't going to be making sacrifices to change it.)

I think the biggest issue for them is independent arbitration. Don't think Goodell is going to give that up easily.

5 years would be freaking incredible , please yes

I think the biggest issue for them is independent arbitration. Don't think Goodell is going to give that up easily.
They actually have independent arbitration on several things. The discipline stuff is not one of them, obviously.

They actually have independent arbitration on several things. The discipline stuff is not one of them, obviously.

I meant to say arbitration re: discipline issues- in reference to your post which I was quoting.

I think he will retire after 7th ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back