PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BOSTON CELTICS vs. Washington Wizards (Eastern semi-finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and then they WILL have a shot at getting past cleveland, regardless what all the loser-mentality folks around here think

hmm, not a chance?

I'm not a Celtics fan, but I like the C's a lot, I'm a Bulls fan but last series I was kinda even because Hoiberg needs to go.

Celtics need to at least split. If they go down 0-2 again they will not come back against this team.

the celtics will this series, just like they did agaisnt the bulls even after being written off from some people before game 1, and even more so after game 2

and then they WILL have a shot at getting past cleveland, regardless what all the loser-mentality folks around here think

I just don't see it to be honest. Unless James goes down I don't see how they do it. Now I am convinced this is the team that should be in the final 4 with them. Not the Wizards or Hawks or anyone else from the east. Celtics should be that other final 4 team.

Last edited:
50% from 3 is nuts, when the Celtics got 73x71 I got out of my bet, the Wizards are front runners, mentally weak team.

After a slow start, Celtics really amped up the intensity in their play today...playing tough defense like this turns into offensive opportunities.

Interesting strategy today, to often basically let Wall drive to the hoop and force him to make it, without fouling him. Thinking he'll just get tired?

I agree that home court is really important in this series...therefore, the Celts must not blow it in Game 2. Can the fans bring the intensity again, too? It matters.

sweet victory. I love Isaiah's game this year. he doesn't play hero ball anymore. if he's double teamed he doesn't force it or turn it over.

Really though, love this team. Love Thomas, Bradley, Horford, Crowder... it's a real team effort and they've been money in the 4th quarter. Remind me of the Pats in a way. I didn't think they would have a shot against the Cavs but I'm starting to think they might if they keep playing this hot.

"The Wizards blew a 17 point lead"
Seriously, too early in the game to matter. Celts were not surprisingly sluggish to start. Washington played very well today, and must be disappointed not to come out of it with a win.

Really though, love this team. Love Thomas, Bradley, Horford, Crowder... it's a real team effort and they've been money in the 4th quarter. Remind me of the Pats in a way. I didn't think they would have a shot against the Cavs but I'm starting to think they might if they keep playing this hot.
Having Horford in that locker room is crucial. Somebody who's got some experience, perspective, and leadership.

"The Wizards blew a 17 point lead"

This is telling. You can't expect to come back from this many down against good teams on a regular basis. If Morris hadn't been injured for Washington, I'm not so sure this game ends as it did. That said, Boston remained steady throughout the game and is clearly well coached. I think their advantage, if they have one, is coaching. Talent wise, I might give Washington a slight edge but the teams are pretty evenly matched.

Lots of breaks for Boston between Rondo, Mahinmi, and now Morris going down.

It should be a good series, and I expect either of these teams, whichever ends up winning the series, to give Cleveland a good series as well.

So can Thomas finish the game, and then get the tooth put back in?

Any dentists on the board?
Not usually. If not replaced within a 30 minute window it can't be replaced into the socket as a clot has already formed and the cells on the ligament around the tooth are dying... Even then it will require a root canal and prognosis is "guarded' at best.
If you have kids playing sports, make them wear a mouthguard. I took heat from my kids when they were the only ones wearing one until a friend took an elbow on the basketball court and lost a few teeth....
-Tufts Dental '85

Not usually. If not replaced within a 30 minute window it can't be replaced into the socket as a clot has already formed and the cells on the ligament around the tooth are dying... Even then it will require a root canal and prognosis is "guarded' at best.
If you have kids playing sports, make them wear a mouthguard. I took heat from my kids when they were the only ones wearing one until a friend took an elbow on the basketball court and lost a few teeth....
-Tufts Dental '85
U sfeek dah toof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back