PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Booing a 12-3 home team for going 3 and out: No Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other universal noises crowds make when their team is in the gutter?

In Europe they whistle derisively.

I know there are people here who defend booing and think it's a good thing. I think it's extremely childish, ignorant and counterproductive.

Sometimes the carrot won't move the horse, sometimes you need the whip!
:deadhorse:

The bottom line is that this team makes millions of dollars because they're elite in the NFL.

Even though they might come off as spoiled, the customers in the stadium have every right to boo a team that's not living up their standards. They're the reason the team even exists. And frankly, it can wake up a team that's not living up to its potential.

Welcome to professional athletics. This isn't a peewee league.

Last edited:
"Daddy?...that weird guy in the Pats hat is booing me again...."

DSC_0028.jpg

And frankly, it can wake up a team that's not living up to its potential.

No, all it does is remind the team how ignorant fans can be. I've interviewed pro athletes on this very subject and they all say the same thing: booing does not "motivate" them to perform better.

I know there are people here who defend booing and think it's a good thing. I think it's extremely childish, ignorant and counterproductive.

It would be one thing if booing the offense on a failed drive was followed by raucous crowd noise to help the defense.

But typically our obnoxious and entitled fans just sit on their flabby asses and wait for something to cheer for. So it's really not about helping the team it's about acting like a spoiled brat who is pitching a ****fit because you paid all of this money to watch a recreational sport.

A bloo bloo, don't go to the games if you aren't going to support your team 100%.

No, all it does is remind the team how ignorant fans can be. I've interviewed pro athletes on this very subject and they all say the same thing: booing does not "motivate" them to perform better.

Odd, since I've heard just the opposite from athletes in several different sports, including all of the 'big 4'. It seems to be an individual thing among the players.

Last edited:

That puts my "respect the Boo" case in the barrel, lmao.

Odd, since I've heard just the opposite from athletes in several different sports, including all of the 'big 4'. It seems to be an individual thing among the players.

They don't like it but it doesn't have the effect fans assume. It just pisses them off at the fans for being childish, fickle and stupid. Of course, they can't say that in press conferences, etc., because as others have so righteously noted here, booing is a "right" that buying tickets gives you.

Last edited:
if you have to talk about class then you don't have it in the first place.

They don't like it but it doesn't have the effect fans assume. It just pisses them off at the fans for being childish, fickle and stupid.

As I said, odd, because I've heard the opposite. There are players who think it's the fans job to just shut up and watch lousy football/baseball/basketball, etc... Then, there are players who think that the fans have every right, and who are motivated by the boos.

Almost to a man, the players motivated were the players widely considered to be the more hard-working players and the players who thought the fans should just shut up were considered to be softer/lazier players. I didn't find that linkage surprising.

I think there are times when fans are idiots for booing (the fans booing the Patriots when they lost after their record-setting winning streak, for example), but there's no clear "never boo!" line here.

Last edited:
As I said, odd, because I've heard the opposite.

What? That booing accomplishes something they, their teammates and coaches can't? I don't know where you have "heard the opposite," or from whom. In the public arena, perhaps? Privately and on a personal level, it's a different story. Players don't respect being booed.

What? That booing accomplishes something they, their teammates and coaches can't? I don't know where you have "heard the opposite," or from whom. In the public arena, perhaps? Privately and on a personal level, it's a different story. Players don't respect being booed.

I've heard it in about as private a level as you can hear it outside the confessional/sexual arenas (as in one-on-one conversations during training camps, discussions in athletes homes, etc...).

Last edited:
Tom loves when fans boo....in fact, he got a tattoo in honor of their stellar "fanhood"...

tom-brady-stetson-man.jpg

Couldn't find any positive responses from pro athletes or teams on booing. hm, a "to boo or not to boo" poll taken by players would be interesting. 90% against 10%for it? 50/50? 60/40?

Not that it would change things

Tom loves when fans boo....in fact, he got a tattoo in honor of their stellar "fanhood"...

tom-brady-stetson-man.jpg

What the hell? Was that photo-shopped?

yes...heh...if not, Gisele has a helluva sense of humor

I've heard it in about as private a level as you can hear it outside the confessional/sexual arenas (as in one-on-one conversations during training camps, discussions in athletes homes, etc...).

So they told you that booing actually motivates them to perform better. Not that they see it as people ignorantly/childishly giving voice to impatience and frustration. I find that odd. Again, I don't think you'll find any athletes disputing a fan's right to boo, just that it has no impact on performance.

Last edited:
Yes Deus Irae has private meeting with players in training camps and is invited into their homes for discussion. That is soooo believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back