PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Black Monday thread: the NFL Coaching Carousel

Mills was my binkie.

I read they are keeping Culley.
You've got Tim Kelly as OC who runs E/P and Pep Hamilton to knows how to bring along young QBs.

Mills has a great support system in HOU.

Trade Watson for some picks and with their already Top 5 selection.

They won't have a ton of cap space but should be able to do some things.

I don't see Josh leaving for Houston. I could see Jacksonville being tempting, with Lawrence's unrealized piotential and with Josh's success with Mac, but he's never been mentioned as a candidate there.

I don't see Josh leaving for Houston. I could see Jacksonville being tempting, with Lawrence's unrealized piotential and with Josh's success with Mac, but he's never been mentioned as a candidate there.
Yep and seems Baalke isn't going anywhere.

Nagy, Zimmer, Bevell will be gone.

Carroll possibly depending on if Russell Wilson gives them an ultimatum. If Bisaccia gets Vegas to the playoffs I think they bring him back unless someone like Harbaugh wants the job. He’s prevented the usual Raiders collapse.

Rhule gets another year I think, bad optics for Tepper. Same with Judge and Culley, they survive. Although that Judge post game last week makes me question it now.

Fangio is a toss up, they play hard for him and the defense has always been good but he’s never had a QB.

Would we bring judge back to run st if hes canned? This year has been very disappointing on that front
I would be shocked if Bill sacked Cam Achord. Not saying he doesn't deserve it but you never see Bill cut the legs out of from under a young coach on his staff that has paid his dues and worked his way up.

Maybe Judge comes back in another role/function under Bill?

This is extremely direct by Reiss' standards, so he must be hearing it from somebody very close to the situation:

If the Jaguars intend to keep general manager Trent Baalke and involve him in the search for the team’s next head coach -- as NFL Media reported last week -- it would be surprising to me if Josh McDaniels has significant interest in the job. At this point, I don’t see McDaniels coveting a job with a GM already in place.

Would we bring judge back to run st if hes canned? This year has been very disappointing on that front

I would do it… Judge sucks as a HC & WR coach, but he’s gotta be better than Cant Assford as a STs coach…

I agree with RW above that it ain’t happening however.

If Josh left he'd have a very good QB prospect to work with.

Including the NEP game, David Mills since.

As a rookie QB on a crap team with crap offensive talent, you couldn't have asked for a better season out of him.

View attachment 39541
I actually didn't think Mac would be there at 15, so fully expected BB to draft Mills in the 2nd or 3rd.
I don't think Culley is the problem, 1 year with a rookie QB and lousy talent....

I thought we might want to put the various rumors, reports, and official statements about the NFL coaching changes all in one thread, so here it is.

The Vikings are expected to move on from head coach Mike Zimmer this week, league sources said, though longtime general manager Rick Spielman is likely to remain with the organization. Zimmer has been in Minnesota since 2014 and quickly helped turn the franchise around, though he is 7-9 for the second straight year. With one game to play this season, their playoff hopes are gone.

Zimmer was nearly let go a few years back, and sources said there was a clear mandate from ownership to be a true contender in 2021

Vikings planning to move on from head coach Mike Zimmer, but general manager Rick Spielman likely to remain

I think it’s time for them to move on from Zimmer as well. It’s run it’s course.

Beleaguered Trent Baalke remains Jaguars general manager entering Week 18 despite massive fan unrest, and he continues to have a considerable role in the team's ongoing coaching search. As reported first last week, Baalke is a big supporter of former Texans coach Bill O'Brien and, sources said, has proposed to ownership that pairing him with Vic Fangio as defensive coordinator could give the franchise the best chance of reversing its fortunes.

O'Brien, now the offensive coordinator at Alabama, will interview with the Jaguars this week following the NCAA title game Monday night, and his candidacy has continued to gain steam after he was not among the initial list of men to be interviewed. While many candidates have expressed serious reservations about going to Jacksonville with Baalke running personnel, sources said, O'Brien is very much aligned with Baalke and, with his focus on the offensive side of ball, Fangio would be their target to run the defense if he got the job and Fangio was fired as Denver's head coach, which is widely anticipated.

Jaguars GM Trent Baalke a big supporter of Bill O'Brien, proposes pairing him with Vic Fangio as DC

The Denver Broncos are widely expected to part ways with head coach Vic Fangio and begin a coaching search this week, multiple league sources said, with several indicating Cowboys coordinator Dan Quinn will quickly emerge as a top candidate there.

Fangio is completing his third season in Denver, and has a 19-29 record. His tenure has been rocky at times, with his serious differences with offensive staff putting his position in jeopardy previously under former management. The Broncos hired highly regarded executive George Paton from the Vikings a year ago to take over as general manager -- with John Elway transitioning to another role -- with Paton taking 2021 to review all aspects of the organization, including coaching.

Broncos expected to move on from head coach Vic Fangio; Cowboys DC Dan Quinn to emerge as a top candidate

The Chicago Bears have long decided to move on from head coach Matt Nagy at the end of the season, league sources said, which will become official early this week. However, major questions remain about how the organization will be restructured.

Sources said longtime team president Ted Phillips and general manager Ryan Pace have made the case for remaining in their positions, but ownership has also had discussions about going in several different directions, with some consideration given to agent Trace Armstrong.

Bears to let head coach Matt Nagy go, but scope of full front office overhaul to be determined

Was listening to SiriusXM earlier today when long-time Cowboy personnel guy and HOFer Gil Brandt was on. Brandt said he’s hearing Dan Quinn for Jacksonville, Jim Harbaugh for the Raiders, and OSU HC Ryan Day for the Bears.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back