PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE & Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.

One-If-By-Sea

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last week BJGE was 10 rushes for 20 yards for a 2.0 ypc stat. Maroney was 7 rushes for 18 yards for a 2.6 ypc stat. The Ravens and Jets rushing defenses are not that different and Maroney is rushing behind a new line that he does not know.

So where are the BJGE bashers just like there would have been Maroney bashers? 2.0 ypc - REALLY? And not one peep out of anyone on the board?

Why did we have a terrible ground game with Maroney at 3+ ypc but there is no mention when we have BJGE at 2.0 ypc?

It wasn't the game plan? PLEASE! BJGE was in goal line situations? PLEASE. The Ravens run defense is much better than the Jets? PLEASE.

Last week BJGE was 10 rushes for 20 yards for a 2.0 ypc stat. Maroney was 7 rushes for 18 yards for a 2.6 ypc stat. The Ravens and Jets rushing defenses are not that different and Maroney is rushing behind a new line that he does not know.

So where are the BJGE bashers just like there would have been Maroney bashers? 2.0 ypc - REALLY? And not one peep out of anyone on the board?

Why did we have a terrible ground game with Maroney at 3+ ypc but there is no mention when we have BJGE at 2.0 ypc?

It wasn't the game plan? PLEASE! BJGE was in goal line situations? PLEASE. The Ravens run defense is much better than the Jets? PLEASE.

Dude..... please. Give it up. We are still savoring the win.

:cool:

The Patriots net yards against the Ravens was 129 at an average of 4.9, Brady to Branch was rekindled and the defense exploded on the Ravens from the fourth onwards. That's why.

Last edited:

Fact: That was Maroney's best game of the year. Congrats on the 2010 highlight film being a 7 for 18 game, big guy.

Last edited:
I never bashed on Maroney with the Pats and hope he does something in Denver, but the bashing was probably a result of expectations.

BJGE was not drafted in the first round with first round expectations, Maroney was. BJGE went undrafted and has done fairly well for an undrafted back given the fact most undrafted backs don't run in the NFL. Maroney cost the Pats a 1st round pick, BJGE cost the Pats nothing. And if you are looking for BJGE critics, Maroney isn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard in Denver at 2.1 YPC.

You're kidding right?

Regardless of the defenses ... maroney was a 1st round pick and benny was a FA signing. whatever benny gives us is gravy and i think he'll be at least adequate. the Ravens have a big plug in the middle and the Jet's plug is out for the year BTW so no they are not equal right now.

Last edited:
I never bashed on Maroney with the Pats and hope he does something in Denver, but the bashing was probably a result of expectations.

BJGE was not drafted in the first round with first round expectations, Maroney was. BJGE went undrafted and has done fairly well for an undrafted back given the fact most undrafted backs don't run in the NFL. Maroney cost the Pats a 1st round pick, BJGE cost the Pats nothing. And if you are looking for BJGE critics, Maroney isn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard in Denver at 2.1 YPC.

This sums it all up very succinctly...... Nice post, MassPats38

This is one of those threads that the OP starts and then you don't see another post from them for 3 months

This is one of those threads that the OP starts and then you don't see another post from them for 3 months

he'll be back with a no way BJGE makes this team thread in 2011.

not really..... Greeny is just a better runner... He moves forward where as Maroney would either gain 0, or lose some. Maroney sucked:bricks:

not really..... Greeny is just a better runner... He moves forward where as Maroney would either gain 0, or lose some. Maroney sucked:bricks:

Maroney was electric before his injuries ... i don't think sucked is fair.

Maroney was electric before his injuries ... i don't think sucked is fair.

so he had 1 solid year then...... other than that brutal

I am not even thinking about what round he was selected in..... All I know is that he was bad:(

so he had 1 solid year then...... other than that brutal

I am not even thinking about what round he was selected in..... All I know is that he was bad:(

it's because he blew his wad before the Super bowl.

Maroney may not even be in the league 3 years from now. He's awful.

Maroney may not even be in the league 3 years from now. He's awful.

Try ONE year from now.

LOL the Maroney's Defender Club rears up its ugly head. Why bother? Dude is gone. So he's not here to kick around anymore. He don't need any defending. Please don't necro dead topics. K? Thanks.

Oh and BTW 7 for 18 for an impressivw 2.5 YPC. Wow. That's your best argument in favor? *sigh* I swear it gets more pathetic every time. I hear the MDC make up excuses. What happened to the - Oh he wasn't being used the right way here, he'll be a BEAST in Denver hypothesis? Kind of got a few flats tire didn't it? This would be funny if it weren't so stale.

Laurence Maroney = The next Kevan Barlow except Barlow didn't cost the 49ers a 1st round pick. The way their numbers trend downwards in parallel is eerie!

Last edited:
While I'm glad the Maroney era is over, and I wish he'd been able to be more consistent, let's not pretend like he never did anything at all in his career here. We were undefeated when he had over 20 carries, and he was a big part of several playoff wins. Sure, he's disappointing for a first-rounder, but I still hope he has a nice career somewhere.

Here's a look at what could have been, if only he'd been more consistent. He's really an immense talent who apparently flaked out after injuries: YouTube - Laurence Maroney NFL Highlights

Man hard looking back at that video, Green-Ellis really doesn't have that explosive ability. But he's alot more consistent.

i agree with you ina sense, and i wasnt a maroney basher

and i support BJGE

but when woodhead gains 5ypc, and u gain 2, its bad

he should have done better, but so long as he does agaisnt worse run defenses, its fine by me, hes not a superstar, just another smith

BJGE.names/2 == BJGE.ypc

Lawfirm is looking slow and weak.

Maroney had a ton of potential but never quite realized it. His won't be the only football career to have that kind of obit. I wasn't a basher, though I was a skeptic that hoped for the best.

Hopefully, he'll do well wherever he finds himself after this year. I don't think it'll be the NFL.

BJGE isn't a world beater, but no one is asking him to do that. He's serviceable with reliable performance. With Woodhead, they make a decent, if unspectacular, running attack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye