PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills make two big trades.

That'd be a pretty good Rams team with Wade Phillips & Jimmy G. But alas, Jared Goff.

That's going to be an interesting side story to watch. McVay, Phillips and Fassel all have strong pedigrees. I will be looking to see how much, if any, Goff will improve this season. I think he will and I think the Rams may be the surprise team of the season. 9-7 or so.

They're better off moving those guys and getting some draft picks in return. They weren't gonna win it all this year, short of a miracle turn-around, and by the time they might be ready to contend they'd have to deal with big contract demands.

It sucks for their fans but look at the division they're in. They're smart to push forward as much value into the future when Brady might retire.

For those who've lost track, Buffalo traded overall picks #9 + #19 + #115 for Watkins, with Mike Evans, Odell Beckham and Brandin Cooks still on the board in a totally stacked WR draft.

(In case you're wondering, that's 4 times the draft value the Patriots gave up for 2 years of an NFL-proven Cooks.)

Absolutely but what's worse is that they had Mack under their nose for years. Traded up for WR who would be a RB 20 years ago in a WR rich draft.

Amazing how many whiffed on Sammy. Super talented but again not a natural WR imho.

I swear I was gunna say Sammy gets traded to Seattle or Detroit in the bold predictions

Not that I would want or expect it to happen, but now that so many teams, particularly in the AFC East, are looking to tank the season to try and get the resources needed to overcome the Pats after Brady finally retires, how hilarious would it be if Brady announced his retirement next week after these teams have already hamstrung themselves?

Of course, with BB still running things and JG ready to step in, the Pats would still be a winning franchise, and these loser franchises would be getting introduced to a paradigm shift from Hell, as they realize it wasn't only about Brady.

At this rate, Brady can play till he's 50.

Is Tyrod Taylor the bare minimum of a starting QB or is it still Andy Dalton?

Is Tyrod Taylor the bare minimum of a starting QB or is it still Andy Dalton?
Dalton is much much much better than Taylor.

With the Bills and the Jetes both apparently tanking the 2017 season in quest for the ever elusive successors to Joe Namath and Jim Kelly, it's going to be interesting to watch what happens when the two teams play each other twice next season.

Imagine this scenario from the final game between the two "teams" in week 13.

The Bills and Jetes are tied for the worst record in the League and each face four more "eminently loseable" games to end their seasons. So, this game will decide who sucks the most.

It's the fourth quarter, one minute to play and the Jetes, who are up by two points, have the ball at their own seven yard line.

The Jetes hand off and their runner drops the ball without being hit...the ball bounces to the two yard line.

Everybody stops and watches the ball roll dead on the ground at the two.

Jetes' Runner: "Oops...I fumbled...somebody recover the ball!"

Bills' Linebacker (standing one foot from the ball, with no one between him and the end zone): "Damn, just pulled my quad...no way I can get to it."

Jetes' QB (five feet from the ball): "Oh, man, I slipped on the turf...don't think I can get up in time to get it."

10 seconds pass.

Referee: "Somebody pick up the damn ball."

Another 10 seconds pass.

Referee (lets time expire): "Somebody get me a goddam rule book."

They paid a Julio price for a guy who will never be Julio. To be honest they can get the same #'s out of Mathews and at least he will be in the game every week. They were never going to bring him back anyway so may as well get something for him. Guy just never lived up to his potential and I really never see that changing.

Sammy will have a foot issue by week 8.

annnnd Both of their new players are injured. Poor bills fans man, that team is so snake bitten.

I'm not sure the Bills will tank in purpose like the Jete. These moves are made with an eye in the future for sure but it's important for the new coaching staff to win games and create a culture of winning.

With these picks they already have good ammo for the next draft even if they finish in the middle of the pack. What's going to happen though is that they will pick the wrong guys as usual but the plan is OK, contrary to what the Jete are doing that is building nothing, going into the season in full blown tank mode (Integrity) and will certainly destroy the career of whomever they draft with their 1st round pick next year.

Atleast their draft forum will have plenty to talk about from now until next april/may

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back