PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills make two big trades.

BlacknGold77

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The Bills have just dumped 2 of their top players.

Sammy Watkins traded to the Rams for EJ Gaines and a pick
Ronald Darby to Philly for Jordan Matthews

So they move a WR and CB for a CB and WR

Watkins/Darby out, Matthews/Gaines in.

Getting Matthews is a good move, even if they dont have anyone that can throw the ball

Worst iteration of the AFC East opponents in my lifetime:

Jets competing for 0-16
Bills selling assets to go after the 2018 QB class. Gilmore & Darby now gone from that defense.
Dolphins... Cutler & meh defense

LOL @ Sammy watkins. Dude could have been really good in this league. he just didnt have what it takes to mature

I'd like to thank Buffalo for making those trades, and weakening their team in the process.
It's really interesting what they're doing here, though. Essentially replacing the players they traded away with guys who are downgrades, but nevertheless still solid players. And they also gain two higher draft picks in the process.

I can actually understand what they're doing, they're definitely looking more towards the long haul here.

I think I might have to rethink my hot take that the 2017 Bills will be the 1996 Jags this year...

It's really interesting what they're doing here, though. Essentially replacing the players they traded away with guys who are downgrades, but nevertheless still solid players. And they also gain two higher draft picks in the process.

I can actually understand what they're doing, they're definitely looking more towards the long haul here.

Rats:"We're gonna tank and get the top pick in the NFL* draft and draft the next gr8 QB and turn our franchise around completely."

Bills: "Hold my beer!"

Last edited:
Watkins was such a bonehead mistake by the Bills. They gave away way too much to get him and he was just good, not great his first two seasons.

At this rate, the Pats may clinch the division by Thanksgiving. Both the Bills and Jets are all about the future and Miami players are dropping like flies.

Last edited:
Why did they trade Darby and a pick for a worse player?

Well, they applied advanced trading valuation metrics...

giphy.gif

The thing for the Bills, and why it's bad news for their team this season, is that it's not that the players they acquired are bad. Matthews and Gaines are both pretty solid.

The problem is that there isn't a whole lot of talent around them to support them. The rest of their WR's and CB's are pretty weak.

So now 2 division rivals have decided to start rebuilding this year.

You think that our off season has anything to do with that?

Jets and Bills are like "**** it, maybe next year"

Eagles making a run at the NFCE title this year.

Sensible.
Why bother going all in for the 2017 season in the AFC East.
Field a competent team but position yourself for the future with a lot of young players.
They have two first round picks, two seconds, and two thirds. Those players will be peaking as Brady's career winds down and the Bills will be in a better position to win the division.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back