PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Fans, flush with confidence after thrashing the Colts, chant "We Want Brady!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure anybody looked more impressive during the first week than the Bills. Offense, defense, everything. If they get decent play from the QB, the Bills are a legitimate threat. They're not the team I would want to bring three rookies on the Oline to play against this early in the year. This isn't your father's Buffalo Bills. If we win, it will be a HUGE win for us. Obviously, the same goes for them.

01 ~ Anyone who thinks that any Divisional Game is an Automatic Walk Over is Brain Damaged. Mutual Familiarity with a thousand nuances tends to obviate most Tactical Advantages.

02 ~ Coach Ryan is highly familiar with our Systems and how our Players play within them, infinitely more so than we are with how his New Crew plays within his Systems. It is an huge Advantage.

03 ~ It is September. For those of you who failed to get my Message ~ last Year, the Year before, and the Year before that, but especially last Year, when many a Moron was ~ yet again ~ declaring that Brady is Finished and The Dynasty Is Over: Mad Bill uses September as an extension of Training Camp.

A Loss or two in September tends to be not only No Big Deal but perhaps even a welcome Harbinger of Good Tidings To Come, for those of you who don't remember 2001....or 2003...or ~ ahem ~ 2014. :eek:

Having said all that...

"We Want Brady!!!"???
jester.gif

Seems to me I've heard something like that, before, Once Upon a Time...

I've always felt that General Tom Brady was channeling a certain Boston Great of recent times...

Anyone else remember the Cavalier Fans, circa 1985, after they beat us 1 Game in the PlayOffs, because The Great One needed to ice off his elbow for a Game, and forestall CleveLand's Elimination by a Day???

"We Want Bird!! We Want Bird!!"

Heh.

6103239_orig.jpg

A great Article, by the way, from when SportsWriters Roamed The Earth.

Last edited:
The Bills looked good, but as they have proven time and time again, the Patriots are not the Colts. Should be interesting.

01 ~ Anyone who thinks that any Divisional Game is an Automatic Walk Over is Brain Damaged. Mutual Familiarity with a thousand nuances tends to obviate most Tactical Advantages.

02 ~ Coach Ryan is highly familiar with our Systems and how our Players play within them, infinitely more so than we are with how his New Crew plays within his Systems. It is an huge Advantage.

03 ~ It is September. For those of you who failed to get my Message ~ last Year, the Year before, and the Year before that, but especially last Year, when many a Moron was ~ yet again ~ declaring that Brady is Finished and The Dynasty Is Over: Mad Bill uses September as an extension of Training Camp.

A Loss or two in September tends to be not only No Big Deal but perhaps even a welcome Harbinger of Good Tidings To Come, for those of you who don't remember 2001....or 2003...or ~ ahem ~ 2014. :eek:

Having said all that...

"We Want Brady!!!"???
jester.gif

I've always felt that General Tom Brady was channeling a certain Boston Great of recent times...

Anyone else remember the Cavalier Fans, circa 1985, after they beat us 1 Game in the PlayOffs, because The Great One needed to ice off his elbow for a Game, and forestall CleveLand's Elimination by a Day???

Heh.

6103239_orig.jpg

My God, that was a great Article. Took my own Advice and read the whole damned thing.

Christ, I love Larry Freaking Bird. The Man simply doesn't give a ****.

They look pretty good and I'm thinking of them as a similar team to the 2010 Jets. I'm expecting to lose this one, maybe go up 2 or 3 scores early but some issue will pop up or someone will get hurt or have a terrible game or someone on the Bills will have a good game. I dunno. But I think this is as good of a situation as they've had in a while, and they should be happy, and the chant was appropriate after they had just vanquished Luck, one of the so-called best quarterbacks in the NFL currently.

"We beat the Colts by 13 points in Week 1, whom the Pats beat by 38 points in the AFCCG, soooooo ....... therefore ........ WE WILL WIN THE DIVISION!!! Give us Brady!!!!!"

"We beat the Colts by 13 points in Week 1, whom the Pats beat by 38 points in the AFCCG, soooooo ....... therefore ........ WE WILL WIN THE DIVISION!!! Give us Brady!!!!!"

let the bills fans have their fun.
in a month they'll all be preparing their 2016 nfl mock draft's. notice how so many of them have mock drafts as their signatures. pathetic fans...

doug marrone > rex ryan

Rex Ryan is 1-7 since 2010 vs. the Patriots.

Like the time it went up against buffalo last year with Kline and Devey playing and Brady threw for 360 yards and 4 TD?

Good point, because we've had luck with patchwork lines in the past it means we will never have to worry about matchups again, ever.

Man! That makes things easier.

They look pretty good and I'm thinking of them as a similar team to the 2010 Jets. I'm expecting to lose this one, maybe go up 2 or 3 scores early but some issue will pop up or someone will get hurt or have a terrible game or someone on the Bills will have a good game. I dunno. But I think this is as good of a situation as they've had in a while, and they should be happy, and the chant was appropriate after they had just vanquished Luck, one of the so-called best quarterbacks in the NFL currently.
Definitely better than that bum down there at Foxboro.:confused:

I'm not sure anybody looked more impressive during the first week than the Bills. Offense, defense, everything. If they get decent play from the QB, the Bills are a legitimate threat. They're not the team I would want to bring three rookies on the Oline to play against this early in the year. This isn't your father's Buffalo Bills. If we win, it will be a HUGE win for us. Obviously, the same goes for them.

If the Pats win, it's on to Jacksonville.

If the Patriots lose? Then it's . . . on to Jacksonville.

Having said all that...

"We Want Brady!!!"???
jester.gif

Heh.

6103239_orig.jpg

Fantastic article man.

Fast forward that episode today and you know BSPN are running with:

"Bird derides Cav's mans as 'just a bunch of farmers' - Larry Bird today took an astonishing swipe at Cleveland fans when he called them a 'bunch of farmers' - Bird even went so far as to insult their transport - mocking them as a 'tractor drivers.......

On any given Sunday.....

I expect a close game which could go either way, but not sure how any team can defend against our TE tandem...

I'm glad that the fine fans of Buffalo are enjoying their team and are optimistic for the future (or even next week). It should be a great matchup and really help the Patriots offensive line prep for the rest of the AFCE and the stout defenses we'll "likely" face the rest of the season.

And if, by chance, the Patriots start the season 2-2, I won't complain.

rex ryan has given us trouble before. lets not pretend these are the same old bills.

Right, those are not the same old Bills, but they're the same old Jets.

Nothing we haven't seen before.

Most posters think that the OL vs. their DL is going to be an issue, I honestly don't. If you hadn't noticed, Brady was releasing the ball pretty fast in the Steelers game, perhaps even faster than he was, in the superbowl. I expect that to continue for this game. He will get the ball out before the line breaks through. All he needs is his linemen to create two seconds of delay before someone breaks through.

I didn't watch much of the Colts/Bills game but one thing I did notice was the poor game-planning on the Colts offense. Common sense would dictate that they pull out the Jets tape, not Bills tape to prepare, but that didn't seem to be the case.. there were a few snaps where Luck was in 5 or 7 step drop which is inviting disaster. Some of the plays seem to include routes that took all day to unfold.

More importantly, I noticed the Colts insisting on playing vertical instead of horizontal to try and stretch the Bills defense. They weren't willing to be patient and walk up the field one down at a time- something we are good at.

And yes, we are familiar with Taylor- he was the QB that came in when Baltimore ran their wildcat. Also the Bills OC is Roman who was running the power run-based option offense with Kaepernick in SF. Taylor is no Kaepernick, but they both have similar traits and Roman will probably be repeating himself.

They should be flush with confidence. They'll be at home in what should be a college type of atmosphere, they have a very good DL going up against three rookies in the interior for the Pats, no Lafell, and the Pats didn't look too hot on defense in Week 1. Plus they now have Rex whose defense typically gives Brady some degree of trouble. It makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft