PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills FA CB Stephon Gilmore signs 5-year deal w/New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely in favor of a big FA signing. Everyone knows we have a short window here. But Gilmore... jesus, for that money he better be prime Revis. I'd rather spend money on a pass rusher TBH...

A whole bunch of spin that says nothing.. All you're trying to do is justify yourself when you were caught throwing crap at the wall to see what would stick and hope no one would call you out on your flawed thinking..
Whatever.

I'm done with you

Anyone got gilmore's numbers from last year in terms of passing yards? I remember him struggling against the jests.

Crazy overpay. Makes little sense. Especially in a cb rich draft.

Not when Butler is reportedly asking for much more than that.

This signing is good but in my opinion it's great if you keep Butler and then you have one of the best secondaries in the NFL.

The Broncos pay Talib and Harris big money, and they've still had plenty of cap flexibility. Clearly there is a premium on elite corners in the NFL. That said, I am shocked to see this contract. Pats must think he is one of the best in the league.

Corner is the new "reliever."

This signing is good but in my opinion it's great if you keep Butler and then you have one of the best secondaries in the NFL.

But what do you pay Butler? More than the 13m/yr that Gilmore is getting?
40m in guarantee $$?

Gilmore will ball out with McCourty behind him. People really seem to disregard what an all pro safety can do for performance vs average ones when they compare butler and Gilmores recent seasons.

The Broncos pay Talib and Harris big money, and they've still had plenty of cap flexibility. Clearly there is a premium on elite corners in the NFL. That said, I am shocked to see this contract. Pats must think he is one of the best in the league.
Not sure I agree the Broncos have plenty of cap flexibility. They have lost a lot of players because of the cap, and had to play a QB making basically the minimum.

The Gilmore signing is an obscene waste of money, and a disrespectful slap in the face to Ryan and especially Butler, both of whom had better seasons at a mere fraction of the cost.
Captain Stone(d)

Go back to sleep

The Gilmore signing is an obscene waste of money, and a disrespectful slap in the face to Ryan and especially Butler, both of whom had better seasons at a mere fraction of the cost.

Logan Ryan just got 3 years/$30m and you think 5/$65m for Gilmore is obscene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes