PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Polian on Moss/T.O. in the HOF: "I take neither"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne will get in but not first ballot. Im not convinced he should get in at all but he will.

Freeney- ditto.

As for Brady and Belichick, I'm sure some moron or two will not have them on their ballot because of the obvious BS but it won't be enough to matter.

The architect of a system that Reggie Wayne played in his whole career before walking out of Pats training camp because it wasn't fun. Yeah, Mr. Effort. Moss and Owens are no brainers over Harrison and Wayne.

People constantly point to TO's temperament. Sure he could be a lockerroom distraction, but we have Elway in the HOF who shot his way out of Baltimore, Charles Haley in the HOF and he was supposedly the worst character to ever be in a locker room (listen to Fred Smerlas talk about him and the stories about him in the book "Boys Will Be Boys"), and several others.

Lawrence Taylor is in the Hall Of Fame. As long as that's (deservingly) so, off-field issues have no place in HOF voting.

This is why the HOF should not have people like Polian in it.
Players, coaches and no one else.

The fact that the Marvin Harrison story got swept under the rug, when there was smoke, was always fishy af to me.

My god what a grouch. Just bitter.

I've seen this movie.

images.jpg

I love that a suit wearing, ******* GM like Polian has the nerve to suggest that 2 of the greatest wide receivers ever statistically arent deserving of the hall of fame... but him as GM with only 1 SB ring is worthy lololol.... and Polian is known for being a giant douchebag too... he slammed some guy up against a wall in the tunnel of the Colts stadium.. the guy is an ego maniac like Goodell.. he openly shouted for his team to break the leg of a Patriot player (I think it was AV or Flutie).

He's a scumbag that nobody would care about if it weren't for the Manning era of the Colts

These guys are a ****ing joke and half of them think that they're bigger than the game of football

This idea that players need to be model citizens to make the HOF is a joke... the hall is littered with players that were pretty crappy human beings, but that's not what the NFL HOF is for..it's to remember the greatest players to ever play the game

Moss and TO did it at the highest levels for their entire career... they have the stats and TO has a ring (edit; conf champ ring) too..

Everyone knows who TO is... everyone knows who Randy Moss is... everyone remembers them just absolutely destroying teams throughout their career and impacting the sport in a huge way...

Its obvious that they belong in the hall and it's pretty scummy for Polian to A) make the HOF to begin with and B) to go onto national television and **** talk other players who are WAAYYYYYY more deserving than he is

50 years from now, people will still remember TO and Moss... and will see their highlights in some form or another... Bill Polian? 50 years from now nobody will have a clue who he was... and their won't be any highlights of him because he's a SUIT!

The nerve of some of these guys

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, a guy who is supposedly knowledgable about football is contending that wide receivers who are almost unianimously agreed to be amongst the top 10 wide recievers to play the game (at the very least) should not make it to the hall of fame?

Some people say things to stir up controversy, but this is so far out there that he should be nothing but embarrassed.

I call him Bill Holian.....'cause he's a butthole

In what planet of Asgard are Randy Moss and TO not HOFers? Honestly anyone trying to keep them out should be ashamed of themselves and have their vote taken away.

Honestly can't stand this guy. First off he ruins my commute some nights on my way home from work. I enjoy tuning into sirius and listening to NFL network on the way home and just Cant stand the nights he is on.

Just glad that he ended up being pretty much a habitual loser, couldnt imagine listening to the guy if he had any real success. Already sounds like a Condescending hiprocrit know it all. There is nothing worse than someone who is quick to point out or pile on while ignoring their own failings and scandals.

Lawrence Taylor is in the Hall Of Fame. As long as that's (deservingly) so, off-field issues have no place in HOF voting.

LT would like to point out, that a soon to be paroled Hall of Famer, has committed more heinous transgressions of the law than he has........

I can see Polian's point about being a locker room cancer, BUT if you are going to use that criteria, what's the difference between saying being a distraction in the locker room, to a guy eating up so much of a team's salary cap with your selfish salary demands that your team can't field a competent defense?

Randy Moss is a Hall of Famer, he owns the single season TD reception record. If not for the helmet catch, he would have scored the winning TD ending a perfect season. Stop it Polian, you are just making yourself look silly.

T.O. made when of the great catches of all time his rookie year for SF. He put himself in a hyperbaric chamber for weeks so he could play (and played well) the Superbowl with a broken leg.

and oh, I'm pretty sure Marvin Harrison killed somebody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back