PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Polian on Moss/T.O. in the HOF: "I take neither"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat off topic but the Colts of the 2000's are going to end up with more HOFers than the Patriots. In no other decade would that happen. To the victors go the spoils with the Packers, Steelers, Niners and Cowboys in those decades dominating compared to the competition.

Now it's whoever kisses the league's ass the hardest.

Polian, Harrison and Dungy are in. Manning will get in. I would bet Freeney and Wayne get in. That's 6 and I'd say Clark has an outside chance as does Glenn. Dungy getting in is a joke. If he's in then Cowher, Shanahan, Holmgren, Flores and a host of others should all be in.

So who's in for the Patriots? Brady and Bill unless the league can think of a way to keep them out. Then who? Law, Seymour and Wilfork probably have shots but will wait a long, long time if they get in at all.

The only other player with an outside shot is Rodney and the funny thing is he was a better player than Lynch or Dawkins who will get in. Rodney was the first player with 30 sacks and 30 picks. Only joined by Ray Lewis. His playoff stats are way better than Lynch or Dawkins as are his seasons with 100+ tackles.

Adam will be like Carlton Fisk. Made his name in Boston but played more games with another team so it's a draw so I didn't include him.

How the hell does Tony Dungy get in the HOF?

A case could be made that TO was a pain in the ass.

But Randy? Really? Yeah he was a character at times, but for Christ sakes, the guy was on two of the highest scoring offenses of all time. One of the best receivers to ever play the game.

Polian is a bitter old fool.

Did Polian got high with his friend Irsay?

When they get down from their crack.buzz, let Polian know that Randy Moss and Terrell Owens are both more deserving of being in the HOF than his murderer protégé.

Last edited:
You guys, this is all taken out of context. He was talking about the "NFL murderers Hall of Fame".

Marvin Harrison was a slam dunk first ballot. Owens and Moss have nothing on him. Moss murdered the single season TD record but that's not enough to get in. You have to really kill a man in cold blood in the streets like Harrison did.

Polian's level of delusion is pretty impressive. I remember, shortly after the Patriots signed Michael Floyd, he said the Colts would never have anything to do with a player like that because the fans wouldn't have stood for it. He totally blocked out that Pat McAfee was arrested for public intoxication while with the Colts. Polian was running the team at that point and only gave MacAfee a 1 game suspension. Not only were the Indianapolis fans able to stand the presence of MacAfee, he became one of their most popular players.

There's plenty of reasons to dislike Polian, but him using his position in the media to campaign against players and teams he dislikes is the biggest one to me. It would just be annoying if he praised teams, coaches and players he was associated with, but at least that would be understandable. To put "his" teams up as paragons so he can run down other teams or players crosses a line.

One of the things he said about Moss was he questioned his effort and said the Colts always gave 100% all the time. He was running the Colts when they decided to intentionally lose a game after going 14-0 so they didn't have the pressure of an undefeated season. More famously, he presided over the team tanking a season so they could get the #1 pick in the draft. But, yeah, sure, the Colts always went all out. By Polian's own reasoning, he shouldn't be in the hall of fame

Polian's level of delusion is pretty impressive. I remember, shortly after the Patriots signed Michael Floyd, he said the Colts would never have anything to do with a player like that because the fans wouldn't have stood for it. He totally blocked out that Pat McAfee was arrested for public intoxication while with the Colts. Polian was running the team at that point and only gave MacAfee a 1 game suspension. Not only were the Indianapolis fans able to stand the presence of MacAfee, he became one of their most popular players.

There's plenty of reasons to dislike Polian, but him using his position in the media to campaign against players and teams he dislikes is the biggest one to me. It would just be annoying if he praised teams, coaches and players he was associated with, but at least that would be understandable. To put "his" teams up as paragons so he can run down other teams or players crosses a line.

One of the things he said about Moss was he questioned his effort and said the Colts always gave 100% all the time. He was running the Colts when they decided to intentionally lose a game after going 14-0 so they didn't have the pressure of an undefeated season. More famously, he presided over the team tanking a season so they could get the #1 pick in the draft. But, yeah, sure, the Colts always went all out. By Polian's own reasoning, he shouldn't be in the hall of fame

losing games on purpose goes to the "integrity" of the game far more than anything i've seen other teams do and i've been watching football since the 60's.

Might be why Polian is in the media and not working for a club today.

Moss made the Patriots better. End of argument. Next?

Somewhat off topic but the Colts of the 2000's are going to end up with more HOFers than the Patriots. In no other decade would that happen. To the victors go the spoils with the Packers, Steelers, Niners and Cowboys in those decades dominating compared to the competition.

Now it's whoever kisses the league's ass the hardest.

Polian, Harrison and Dungy are in. Manning will get in. I would bet Freeney and Wayne get in. That's 6 and I'd say Clark has an outside chance as does Glenn.

Dallas Clark and Tarik Glenn? Both would already be eligible and neither has even received votes as semifinalists. I think you're okay here. Freeney and Wayne are deserving, Freeney possibly as a first ballot. Robert Mathis is the other guy who will get sniffs.

Polian has a track record of changing the rules....

His role in bastardizing IC and OPI still take the cake IMO.

I wonder what his stance is on players who are linked to HGH...

I'd really take a young Randy Moss over any other wr to play the game. When he broke records here he'd already lost a step. Completely changed how d's played.
Bill Polian is just a bitter old bastard who can't accept the game went by him 20 years ago.
Granted, I'm too young to have really seen Rice in his absolute prime, but Moss is the best WR I've ever seen. If Rice is 1, Moss is 1A. He deserves to be on the ballot and he deserves to be first ballot.

Least Moss and TO had some big playoff games...Unlike Marvin.

Dallas Clark and Tarik Glenn? Both would already be eligible and neither has even received votes as semifinalists. I think you're okay here. Freeney and Wayne are deserving, Freeney possibly as a first ballot. Robert Mathis is the other guy who will get sniffs.
Naaah Freeney isn't a hall of famer, very good player though. Wayne should be in and Peyton should be in. Wayne and Marvin should be waiting a while. Should only be 3 Colts. No Dungy, no Polian.

I guess that's why I never listened to Bill Polian trying to be "insightful".

Yeahhh he's more for his guy Marvin Harrison, the guy that probably got away with murder. :cool:

This needs to be added to polls. @mosslost, get on this.

Naaah Freeney isn't a hall of famer, very good player though. Wayne should be in and Peyton should be in. Wayne and Marvin should be waiting a while. Should only be 3 Colts. No Dungy, no Polian.

Maybe! The Colts did always have some fantastic individual players, but the Patriots were always the better team.

Least Moss and TO had some big playoff games...Unlike Marvin.
HLGYL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey