Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, ok. :rolleyes:

Willie McGinest
Ted Johnson
Tedi Bruschi
Ty Law
Troy Brown

I’m not even counting Lawyer Milloy who was cut at the start of the 2001 season.

Tuna Crap said that he didn't get to buy those groceries. He/you can't now take credit for the recipe.

The credit for this team's success goes to the top chef of them all, Bill Belichick, and his best ingredient has been Tom Brady.

Tuna Crap said that he didn't get to buy those groceries. He/you can't now take credit for the recipe.

The credit for this team's success goes to the top chef of them all, Bill Belichick, and his best ingredient has been Tom Brady.

Belichick certainly gets more credit for the success, but it would be foolish to say Parcells didn’t help in getting some of the key ingredients. They won those early super bowls primarily on defense.

Don't forget Adam Vinatieri

That 2001 team had more Parcells guys but every Super Bowl winner after was all Belichick

Even then they didn't win in 2001 due to a talent advantage, they won beating superior Pittsburgh and Rams teams via strategy and tactics which again was all Belichick

Belichick certainly gets more credit for the success, but it would be foolish to say Parcells didn’t help in getting some of the key ingredients. They won those early super bowls primarily on defense.

Don't forget Adam Vinatieri

That 2001 team had more Parcells guys but every Super Bowl winner after was all Belichick

Even then they didn't win in 2001 due to a talent advantage, they won beating superior Pittsburgh and Rams teams via strategy and tactics which again was all Belichick.

Didn't you hear Tuna Crap? He didn't get to pick the players. That was his reason for leaving wasn't it?

Parcells ~ Bill I ~ is scum.

01 ~ His relationship with Kraft wasn't "toxic." :rolleyes: That's regurgitated crap. Kraft was a reasonable man...The only toxicity was in the twisted mind of Parcells.

02 ~ Parcels doesn't like Kraft taking a collaborative approach to picking the groceries, and wants to go elsewhere? Fair enough...But be a man about it. o_O

03 ~Parcells stabbed us in the back, lied about it, slunk off pretty much in the middle of the night...and then, of all teams, he joined our divisional "rival" Jets. :mad:

04 ~Parcells, without being forced by circumstances or compelled by anything even faintly resembling a decent or honorable motive, made a point, evidently out'f simple spite, to coach so blandly that we hardly had a chance to win the Super Bowl against a team that had no superiority to us, while agreeing, behind our backs, to take the reigns, not of some far distant team, but of one of only 3 teams that shared our division.

05 ~ His message was crystal clear, was it not? "If I don't get to run things my way, I'll not only leave, but I'll do so without the decency of notification, I'll coach like a chump and pretty much lose the Super Bowl, and then I'll top it all off by abandoning you in the middle of the night to join a divisional rival, and steal all your players if I can."

To quote a phrase: Phuck that guy.
th_coffee.gif

He is a disgusting piece of ****.

Willie McGinest
Ted Johnson
Tedi Bruschi
Ty Law
Troy Brown

I’m not even counting Lawyer Milloy who was cut at the start of the 2001 season.
Parcells didn’t do the drafting.
Ted Johnson was a bit piece by 2003
Bruschi was a backup under parcells and Troy brown barely saw the field.
So sure we acquired a couple of good players during his tenure. That doesn’t make him responsible for the success.
Are we going to say chip Kelly deserves credit for the Eagles Sb?

Pretty damned funny to see anyone giving Parcells any credit for our Success. :eek:

01 ~ We're not talking about an expansion team, right? So it stands to reason that every team that isn't an expansion team has some residual talent...right?? No matter how stupidly you ran your team, you were allowed to draft players...right??? o_O

02 ~ Bill II The Mad (Genius) stripped this team down and rebuilt it as he saw fit.

03 ~ He purged Terry Glenn. :eek:

04 ~ He purged Drew Bledsoe. :eek:

05 ~ Honey Badger don't care.

06 ~ Anyone who survived The Purge ~ Ice Cold Teddy, et cetera ~ survived only because they'd met Mad Bill's standards...Henceforth, it had zero to do with Parcells.
th_coffee.gif

07 ~ **** ain't grey, Brothers. That's 100% Truth.

Willie McGinest
Ted Johnson
Tedi Bruschi
Ty Law
Troy Brown

No, he was not. 2003.
Season started & ended 31-0.

Parcells didn’t do the drafting.
Ted Johnson was a bit piece by 2003
Bruschi was a backup under parcells and Troy brown barely saw the field.
So sure we acquired a couple of good players during his tenure. That doesn’t make him responsible for the success.
Are we going to say chip Kelly deserves credit for the Eagles Sb?

You have a reading comprehension problem. A big one. And it shows from post after post. I never said the Super Bowls in 2003 and 2004 were only because Parcells. I merely said he played a big role in bringing players to this team that were key contributors in sB 38 and 39.

Its the same argument that Dan Duquette should get some credit for the 2004 World Series.

Damon- Duke
Manny- Duke
Trot- Duke
Varitek- Duke
Lowe- Duke
Youk- Duke
Wake- Duke
Pedro- Duke

Did he have a hand in choosing talent that had key roles on a championship team? Yes

Was he the actual architect that was responsible for the championship? No.

You have a reading comprehension problem. A big one. And it shows from post after post. I never said the Super Bowls in 2003 and 2004 were only because Parcells. I merely said he played a big role in bringing players to this team that were key contributors in sB 38 and 39.
I read your comment just fine. I addressed “big role” which he didn’t have.

I know you have to have a strong personality to coach in the NFL, but Parcells' ego is disgusting.

He regrets leaving the Pats because "he" had a pretty good, young team? That's like a guy regretting breaking into a house because he ended up in jail. Nothing about regretting letting down the people he owed something to ...

Screw him.

I read somewhere that Parcells was upset at the Krafts for them telling him to cut Christian Peter (DT, Nebraska) after the 96’ Draft. Parcells had a good working relationship with Tom Osborne at Nebraska and after Peters was cut the relationship with Osborne was never the same. I think that is where that whole “groceries” comment came from. One year later Parcells was gone.

Bill Parcells left many teams in the lurch after relatively short stints. Thats just the way the (Prima Donna) guy operates

The article says: "No one will ever be sure if he would have made the same call on the quarterback at No. 199 as he oversaw the 2000 NFL Draft."

Of course, that's technically true. The unknowable can't be known.

But, what is known and often reported in the NY Tabloids is that he was in the Jets' Draft Room during the 2000 Draft and ignored the Head Scout who was yelling at him to take Brady at 179 in Round Six. Instead, they took DE Tony Scott, who played one season and was gone from the League.

I lived in Foxborough from 1988 to 2006. My wife was friends with a real estate agent and Parcell's house was on the the market (no signs hush hush) way before the 96 playoffs and ground was broken for his new house in Jets land. He had moved on. I kind of remember where it was. Close to Plainville.

The whole conversation about the groceries was ********.
That's pretty cool that you knew that was going down and it went right over the media's head.

Willie McGinest
Ted Johnson
Tedi Bruschi
Ty Law
Troy Brown

I would say yes and no. BB didn't have to keep any of those players since none of them were playing at a high level when BB took over. McGiniest was injury prone and couldn't be relied upon, Bruschi was rotational guy under Parcells and Carroll, Law and Milloy's play were down since their breakout '98 season, Johnson wasn't the same after his biceps injury, and Troy Brown was used a lot more when Brady starting throwing him passes. BB had a lot of different players he added for the '03-'04 season.

If anything, BB made McGinest the player he remembered for in NE along with Bruschi. Law and Johnson had a resurgence under their short stint with BB.

Semi off topic but I would love to hear the conversations Parcells and Jerry Jones would of had...

Pretty damned funny to see anyone giving Parcells any credit for our Success. :eek:

01 ~ We're not talking about an expansion team, right? So it stands to reason that every team that isn't an expansion team has some residual talent...right?? No matter how stupidly you ran your team, you were allowed to draft players...right??? o_O

02 ~ Bill II The Mad (Genius) stripped this team down and rebuilt it as he saw fit.

03 ~ He purged Terry Glenn. :eek:

04 ~ He purged Drew Bledsoe. :eek:

05 ~ Honey Badger don't care.

06 ~ Anyone who survived The Purge ~ Ice Cold Teddy, et cetera ~ survived only because they'd met Mad Bill's standards...Henceforth, it had zero to do with Parcells.
th_coffee.gif

07 ~ **** ain't grey, Brothers. That's 100% Truth.

I'm tired of hearing Tuna Sh!t getting any credit for the Pats success, especially when it comes from Pats fans. WTF were they watching?

Bill Parcells left many teams in the lurch after relatively short stints. Thats just the way the (Prima Donna) guy operates

He always managed to get teams that could only get better, especially with top picks in each round of the draft. The Rich Kotite 1-15 Jete team was much better than their record when Tuna took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back