PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick to be featured in new VICE series Dark Side of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and that other jackass who ran gameday ops who has had it out for BB since the Jets days. The one who was "reassigned" to look after NFL interests in China.
Absolutely! And I'm sure it will also dig deeply into the fact that one of Wells' attorneys working on the case had also worked for the league during the initial Appeal to the League and that Wells had to claim "Attorney Client Privilege" on the matter during the Court proceedings.

But those of us who truly understand Deflate-gate know that it was a conspiracy by the Patriots to showcase Jimmy G. and Jacoby Brissett to enhance their trade value, while giving Brady a four day rest so he could go 11--1 as a starter and lead the team to a 14--2 record, another SB win and SB MVP award.

Exactly.

Look at this so-called list of "blue-ribbon" selection committee members.

At one time or another a 1/5th of these ass-hats have buried BB.

Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee
ArizonaKent Somers, Arizona Republic
AtlantaDarryl Ledbetter, Atlanta Journal - Constitution
BaltimoreScott Garceau, 105.7 The Fan/WMAR-TV
BuffaloVic Carucci, Buffalo News
CarolinaDarin Gantt, Carolina Panthers
ChicagoDan Pompei, The Athletic*
CincinnatiGeoff Hobson, Bengals.com
ClevelandTony Grossi, ESPNCleveland.com/WKNR Radio
DallasRick Gosselin, Talk of Fame Network*#
DenverJeff Legwold, ESPN/ESPN.com*
DetroitDave Birkett, Detroit Free Press
Green BayPete Dougherty, Green Bay Press-Gazette
HoustonJohn McClain, Houston Chronicle*
IndianapolisMike Chappell, Fox 59/CBS 4
JacksonvilleSam Kouvaris, Florida Times-Union/SamSportsLine.com
Kansas City
Las VegasFrank Cooney, The Sports Xchange*
Los Angeles (Chargers)Eric Williams, Sports Illustrated
Los Angeles (Rams)Howard Balzer, Sports Illustrated#
MiamiArmando Salguero, Miami Herald
MinnesotaMark Craig, The Minneapolis Star-Tribune
New EnglandRon Borges, Talk of Fame Network*
New OrleansJeff Duncan, The Athletic
New York (Giants)Bob Glauber, Newsday
New York (Jets)Gary Myers, Author
PhiladelphiaPaul Domowitch, Philadelphia Daily News
PittsburghEd Bouchette, The Athletic
San FranciscoMatt Maiocco, NBC Sports Bay Area
SeattleMike Sando, The Athletic
Tampa BayIra Kaufman, JoeBucsFan.com*
TennesseePaul Kuharsky, PaulKuharsky.com/104.5 The Zone
WashingtonJarrett Bell, USA Today#
PFWAMary Kay Cabot, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer
At-LargeTony Dungy, NBC Sports Football Night in America
At-LargeJohn Clayton, ESPN Seattle#
At-LargeJason Cole, FanSided.com
At-LargeJohn Czarnecki, FOX Sports*
At-LargeDan Fouts, Broadcaster (Hall of Famer)
At-LargeClark Judge, Talk of Fame Network and Yahoo Sports Radio#
At-LargePeter King, NBC Sports#
At-LargeJames Lofton, CBS Sports (Hall of Famer)
At-LargeAlex Marvez, SiriusXM
At-LargeBill Polian, SiriusXM (Hall of Famer)*
At-LargeSal Paolantonio, ESPN#
At-LargeLisa Salters, ESPN Monday Night Football
At-LargeJim Trotter, NFL Network#
At-LargeCharean Williams, Pro Football Talk#
At-LargeBarry Wilner, Associated Press

This crew makes the Cantina scene in Star Wars look like The Dead Poets Society.

Absolutely! And I'm sure it will also dig deeply into the fact that one of Wells' attorneys working on the case had also worked for the league during the initial Appeal to the League and that Wells had to claim "Attorney Client Privilege" on the matter during the Court proceedings.

But those of us who truly understand Deflate-gate know that it was a conspiracy by the Patriots to showcase Jimmy G. and Jacoby Brissett to enhance their trade value, while giving Brady a four day rest so he could go 11--1 as a starter and lead the team to a 14--2 record, another SB win and SB MVP award.
All I can say is thank god we won 3 SBs and went to 4 after that mother of all railroad jobs....

I really think Bill is going to be denied the honor of a unanimous first ballot HOF vote and that's sad. He will get in on the first ballot but not unanimously.

If that happens a small part of it is his fault for stupidly trying to lawyer his way around that taping memo but there will be voters that buy into all the conspiracy theories and the other nonsense and hold the whole thing against him. I bet even some of those voters who do this will be from the Boston media.
unfortunately, you're right on two counts.

one, he was a dumbass to try to BS his way out of the fact that he had violated the league memo, when he could have bought a front row seat for a kid with a camera phone to make the same recording, from a better vantage point and probably with higher quality, without violating league rules.

and yeah, a few jackasses will withhold their votes to show just how far gone they are on the jackass scale.

This crew makes the Cantina scene in Star Wars look like The Dead Poets Society.
The Mary Kay Cabot vote could go either way. Allegedly BB had a thing with her but she never publicly bashed him for Spygate or Deflategate.

The Mary Kay Cabot vote could go either way. Allegedly BB had a thing with her but she never publicly bashed him for Spygate or Deflategate.

Mary Kay deserves universally high marks for her work. She's always informative.

....never mind, now I see which railroad job you are talking about.

Deflategate was treated as harshly as it was as a way for the owners to hurt Bill for supposedly getting off easy on Spygate don’t kid yourself. It was unfinished business. Brady was just collateral damage in the end. That’s why the first few days the team media ops was dedicated all to Bill going “I have no idea what any of this is, I’m not involved in the preparation of footballs, you have to ask Tom” which famously inspired the text message to Brady from a friend that said “holy **** they just dropped this all on you.” Which I think was a key rupture in that relationship that never mended.

Also both controversies hurt the legacy of both Bill and Brady there is no bright side because you don’t like Brady anymore.

Jim Brown knows better.

I was there the night the Jim Brown said the below, betcha no one contacted him about BB... it was in 2020, I met JB and BB as they came into an Amer-I-Can Graduation ( an org. founded by Brown). Had my pix taken with #32, but thought BB was just another JAG here for a pit stop.. I was wrong.

"Brown: I don't compare myself with anyone. Let me tell you about someone I do admire. Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surround myself with than any black athlete in modern times--financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in the prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home; he's met gang members in Cleveland [where Belichick coached the Browns from 1991 to '95]. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing."

Deflategate was treated as harshly as it was as a way for the owners to hurt Bill for supposedly getting off easy on Spygate don’t kid yourself. It was unfinished business. Brady was just collateral damage in the end. That’s why the first few days the team media ops was dedicated all to Bill going “I have no idea what any of this is, I’m not involved in the preparation of footballs, you have to ask Tom” which famously inspired the text message to Brady from a friend that said “holy **** they just dropped this all on you.” Which I think was a key rupture in that relationship that never mended.

Also both controversies hurt the legacy of both Bill and Brady there is no bright side because you don’t like Brady anymore.

Ahhhh Francis

Read my post. What part of "railroad job" needs definition?

Everything doesn't 100% devolve into Brady the Superman vs Brady the Martyr. You'll find this confusing but there are other realities.

Belichick said that about the footballs because like he had zero clue about it and like Brady, ya know, actually took care of the footballs. I guess in your world BB communicated about football psi with smoke signals just to set Brady the Martyr up? You actually think it was a set up by Belichick.

What happened initially was everyone had no clue what these guys were talking about (refer to the meaning of "blindsided"). Now once they were up to speed on it, they reacted.

Here is some history. It wasn't Krafty Bob or Tom Sr. taking material time out of preparations for the Super Bowl to have a "My Cousin Vinnie" news conference. Maybe you missed that or because it might pop your blow up doll, you choose to forget it.

The NFL front office are scumbags but they do get points for this clever and ingenious con job.

Now, tonight when you sucking the He out of the TB12 blowup, just remember, Belichick could have pulled the plug after a certain MNF game in KC but he didn't so dispense with constant vivtim angle and ice up.

Show is going for the shock and awe effect. I’ll reserve judgment until it comes out but got to admit I don’t expect it to tell both sides of the story.

Ahhhh Francis

Everything doesn't 100% devolve into Brady the Superman vs Brady the Martyr. You'll find this confusing but there are other realities.

Belichick said that about the footballs because like he had zero clue about it and like Brady, ya know, actually took care of the footballs. I guess in your world BB communicated about football psi with smoke signals just to set Brady the Martyr up? You actually think it was a set up by Belichick.

What happened initially was everyone had no clue what these guys were talking about (refer to the meaning of "blindsided"). Now once they were up to speed on it, they reacted.

Here is some history. It wasn't Krafty Bob or Tom Sr. taking material time out of preparations for the Super Bowl to have a "My Cousin Vinnie" news conference. Maybe you missed that or because it might pop your blow up doll, you choose to forget it.

The NFL front office are scumbags but they do get points for this clever and ingenious con job.

Now, tonight when you sucking the He out of the TB12 blowup, just remember, Belichick could have pulled the plug after a certain MNF game in KC but he didn't so dispense with constant vivtim angle and ice up.
Four Games in the Fall is worth a watch.

Of course the league wanted to whack the Pats and try to weaken the dominance.

They also didn't mind smacking Brady, whose name was on a lawsuit against them at the time.

Ahhhh Francis

I always thought "deflategate" was a veiled effort to get rid of BB once and for all. When it came to light that he knew nothing about it and had nothing to do with it, the story had gained enough traction that the idiot head of the NFL had to do something to someone, Brady was next in line.

Everyone overreacted to the science... and just followed through with "howsa abouts" and it "had to happen"...

I always thought "deflategate" was a veiled effort to get rid of BB once and for all. When it came to light that he knew nothing about it and had nothing to do with it, the story had gained enough traction that the idiot head of the NFL had to do something to someone, Brady was next in line.

Everyone overreacted to the science... and just followed through with "howsa abouts" and it "had to happen"...

Also, anything to disrupt Super Bowl prep. I guess Tomase wasn't useful anymore.

Rule #1 from "Roadhouse"- Never underestimate your opponent.......expect the unexpected.

Only question then is: What's the "Dark Side" of Bill Belichick, specifically? It can't be about being a hard-ass as a coach, because he's not alone there. There have never been any scandals or questions about improper practice time or things like that. He's never had any real off the field scandals in his personal life that I can recall. And if anything was just about some generic nature of coaches and what they'll put players through in order to win, why is it specifically about BB? I can't imagine what Dark Side the general public would care about if not the gates.

I'm guessing Ted Johnson's concussion claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes