PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick to be featured in new VICE series Dark Side of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other possibilities, but I see two ways of how the Belichick episode goes:
  • As Dr. Pain posted, it's a hit job. All the scandals, large and small, are rehashed as 100% true and there is plenty of speculation that there's even worse stuff that happened/is happening that we'll find out about eventually. Or maybe not, because the league is covering it up (which the league could have done with the deflated football and sideline camera debacles, but didn't, for some reason.) They might as well have Bill Polian and Marshall Faulk narrate the episode.
  • It's closer to what Sicilian said: Everyone thinks Belichick is this terrible guy and there's all this negative stuff associated with him, but is that really the case? It could be something like, this clip on SportsCenter makes him look like a bad guy, but here's all this positive that doesn't make the news.
If I had to guess, I think they'll go with the first option, because there's an audience for that conspiracy, excuse-making nonsense. It's interesting that there is an episode about the reputation of the 70s and 80s Raiders. There's always been the perception that the Raiders bent or broke the rules and that made them cool. Two or three weeks later, the same show is going to say Belichick bent and maybe broke the rules and that makes him a very bad person.

This is a spin-off of their Dark Side of The Ring about pro wrestling. Does anyone know if a single episode of that series put a positive spin on something?

Last edited:
I'm sure the episode will center on how the League Office and Jets conspired to try to block Belichick's move to the Patriots after Parcells resigned and how it conspired with Grigson and the Colts to fabricate Deflate-gate against BB. Can't wait for them to dive into the ugly details behind both those stories.

I'm sure the episode will center on how the League Office and Jets conspired to try to block Belichick's move to the Patriots after Parcells resigned and how it conspired with Grigson and the Colts to fabricate Deflate-gate against BB. Can't wait for them to dive into the ugly details behind both those stories.
...and that other jackass who ran gameday ops who has had it out for BB since the Jets days. The one who was "reassigned" to look after NFL interests in China.

I'm not watching this sh!t show. I'll be avoiding all discussion related to the topic. I will be moving to Antarctica until said communication has ceased.

After going 7-9 it is welcome.

Pats drop $150m on guarantees in FA and reload
Pats seemingly have a great draft and land their next franchise QB

Back to normal.

A day of reckoning is coming.....

View attachment 32925

If they are going to take him out, now may be their only chance.

Krafty Bob probably funded it.

Here is episode 1. Jemele Hill is in it. Features Chad Ochocinco and other "diva" wide receivers.

Dark Side Of Football S01E01 Wide Receiver Divas | Dark Side Of Football Season 1 - YouTube

No idea what they're going to do with a Bill feature.

If this is the type of series it is then meh. Now if they really wanted to - this series does sound like it could take a close look at concussions (though the league would never sign off on that), the Manning HGH story (ditto), or the Saints and the Bountygate thing. Or the Ray Rice incident being covered up or Kareem Hunt being allowed back in the league and same with Tyreek Hill. Or events where money is involved like the Colts move to Indianapolis or Modell moving to Baltimore.

Last edited:
If you read the promo it says that it will feature BB... further on it then says:

"Participants interviewed for and appearing in the program include Chad Johnson, Mike Ditka, Plaxico Burress, Donte Stallworth, Jemele Hill, Bill Romanowski, Jim McMahon, Ricky Williams, Kyle Turley and Lincoln Kennedy, we’re told."

In other words the take on BB will rely on hearsay information... with the exception of Ochocinco, none of these players played for him.
Stallworth played for Bill. And I think he's publicly spoken very positively about his time with the Pats.

I really think Bill is going to be denied the honor of a unanimous first ballot HOF vote and that's sad. He will get in on the first ballot but not unanimously.

If that happens a small part of it is his fault for stupidly trying to lawyer his way around that taping memo but there will be voters that buy into all the conspiracy theories and the other nonsense and hold the whole thing against him. I bet even some of those voters who do this will be from the Boston media.

I really think Bill is going to be denied the honor of a unanimous first ballot HOF vote and that's sad. He will get in on the first ballot but not unanimously.

If that happens a small part of it is his fault for stupidly trying to lawyer his way around that taping memo but there will be voters that buy into all the conspiracy theories and hold the whole thing against him. I bet even some of those voters who do this will be from the Boston media.

The media votes on it and the media hates him.

That would happen with or without taping. Spygate only became a thing because the media and Gawdawfuldddlll hate him.

The real lesson from Deflategate is that the league and media were Krafty enough to find that loophole to hammer them. They do get props on being able to blindside them.

As Beria said, "You show me the man and I'll show you the crime."

That would happen with or without taping. Spygate only became a thing because the media and Gawdawfuldddlll hate him.

The real lesson from Deflategate is that the league and media were Krafty enough to find that loophole to hammer them. They do get props on being able to blindside them.

That's true too and that sucks. Don't embarrass the Jets I guess.

It's kind of the conspiracy theory I have regarding speed limits. Everyone goes over them, not only because you can get away with it, but because everyone else is doing it you have to keep up or it's actually more dangerous. But if you read the letter of the law, tickets can be issued for even 1 mph over. But they don't pull a bunch of people over for that all the time. Why? Because if you get people used to breaking the law a little bit on a regular basis, you'll always have "probable cause" to pull them over for anything else you want to. "I pulled him over for going 62 in a 60, but then I saw THIS..."

Stallworth played for Bill. And I think he's publicly spoken very positively about his time with the Pats.
“I have nothing but love for Bill. He has done a lot for me. I appreciate him and Bob Kraft and the whole Patriots organization.”

It's kind of the conspiracy theory I have regarding speed limits. Everyone goes over them, not only because you can get away with it, but because everyone else is doing it you have to keep up or it's actually more dangerous. But if you read the letter of the law, tickets can be issued for even 1 mph over. But they don't pull a bunch of people over for that all the time. Why? Because if you get people used to breaking the law a little bit on a regular basis, you'll always have "probable cause" to pull them over for anything else you want to. "I pulled him over for going 62 in a 60, but then I saw THIS..."

It's a common theme when you thumb your nose at "The Man".

If that happens a small part of it is his fault for stupidly trying to lawyer his way around that taping memo but there will be voters that buy into all the conspiracy theories and the other nonsense and hold the whole thing against him. I bet even some of those voters who do this will be from the Boston media.
I'm certain of it.

Look how many spiteful, vengeful, moronic, ill-informed, NFL brownnoser sportswriters there are.

Save for the occasional 15 minute long symposiums on punting and lace-positioning, he has done nothing to make their jobs easier.

OT: Football related
Starz (free 7 day trial) is airing a college football flick "My All American" that will tug at your heartstrings.
A combination "Rudy" and Brian's Song" true story about an undersized/overachieving U of Texas football player, Freddie Steinmark.
Production wise....B level at best.....but the story will pull in.
I liked that movie. Yes, it seems like a made for TV movie, and an emotional tear jerker, but I do think it was a good story. I wasn’t familiar with the player and it was great to learn about him. Makes you wonder if today’s advances in cancer treatment might have saved him.

I'm certain of it.

Look how many spiteful, vengeful, moronic, ill-informed, NFL brownnoser sportswriters there are.

Save for the occasional 15 minute long symposiums on punting and lace-positioning, he has done nothing to make their jobs easier.

Here in "theland", there is a guy named Tony Grossi who would deify Art Modell before he compliments BB. The guy got fired from the Plain Dealer a few years back for accidently posting things like "moron" and "idiot" on some media call with Randy Lerner when he still owned the Browns.

A true scumbag but the HoF values him enough to keep him on the selection crew. It's not like Cleveland is Pluto in relation to Canton.

Wrong Borges and CHB and Felger are unfortunately not isolated incidents.

Last edited:
Here in "theland", there is a guy named Tony Grossi who would deify Art Modell before he compliments BB. The guy got fired from the Plain Dealer a few years back for accidently posting things like "moron" and "idiot" on some media call with Randy Lerner when he still owned the Browns.

A true scumbag but the HoF values him enough to keep him on the selection crew.

Wrong Borges and CHB and Felger are unfortunately not isolated incidents.
Exactly.

Look at this so-called list of "blue-ribbon" selection committee members.

At one time or another a 1/5th of these ass-hats have buried BB.

Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee
ArizonaKent Somers, Arizona Republic
AtlantaDarryl Ledbetter, Atlanta Journal - Constitution
BaltimoreScott Garceau, 105.7 The Fan/WMAR-TV
BuffaloVic Carucci, Buffalo News
CarolinaDarin Gantt, Carolina Panthers
ChicagoDan Pompei, The Athletic*
CincinnatiGeoff Hobson, Bengals.com
ClevelandTony Grossi, ESPNCleveland.com/WKNR Radio
DallasRick Gosselin, Talk of Fame Network*#
DenverJeff Legwold, ESPN/ESPN.com*
DetroitDave Birkett, Detroit Free Press
Green BayPete Dougherty, Green Bay Press-Gazette
HoustonJohn McClain, Houston Chronicle*
IndianapolisMike Chappell, Fox 59/CBS 4
JacksonvilleSam Kouvaris, Florida Times-Union/SamSportsLine.com
Kansas City
Las VegasFrank Cooney, The Sports Xchange*
Los Angeles (Chargers)Eric Williams, Sports Illustrated
Los Angeles (Rams)Howard Balzer, Sports Illustrated#
MiamiArmando Salguero, Miami Herald
MinnesotaMark Craig, The Minneapolis Star-Tribune
New EnglandRon Borges, Talk of Fame Network*
New OrleansJeff Duncan, The Athletic
New York (Giants)Bob Glauber, Newsday
New York (Jets)Gary Myers, Author
PhiladelphiaPaul Domowitch, Philadelphia Daily News
PittsburghEd Bouchette, The Athletic
San FranciscoMatt Maiocco, NBC Sports Bay Area
SeattleMike Sando, The Athletic
Tampa BayIra Kaufman, JoeBucsFan.com*
TennesseePaul Kuharsky, PaulKuharsky.com/104.5 The Zone
WashingtonJarrett Bell, USA Today#
PFWAMary Kay Cabot, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer
At-LargeTony Dungy, NBC Sports Football Night in America
At-LargeJohn Clayton, ESPN Seattle#
At-LargeJason Cole, FanSided.com
At-LargeJohn Czarnecki, FOX Sports*
At-LargeDan Fouts, Broadcaster (Hall of Famer)
At-LargeClark Judge, Talk of Fame Network and Yahoo Sports Radio#
At-LargePeter King, NBC Sports#
At-LargeJames Lofton, CBS Sports (Hall of Famer)
At-LargeAlex Marvez, SiriusXM
At-LargeBill Polian, SiriusXM (Hall of Famer)*
At-LargeSal Paolantonio, ESPN#
At-LargeLisa Salters, ESPN Monday Night Football
At-LargeJim Trotter, NFL Network#
At-LargeCharean Williams, Pro Football Talk#
At-LargeBarry Wilner, Associated Press

...and that other jackass who ran gameday ops who has had it out for BB since the Jets days. The one who was "reassigned" to look after NFL interests in China.
mike kensil

the boston media ,with a few exceptions, are the true massholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News