PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick takes out full-page ad in Globe - “To Patriots Fans Everywhere”

After being in the midst of mediocrity for so many years, BB demanded and brought excellence, where ever I traveled people would either envy or praise the Pats as I proudly wore pats gear. You taught this franchise how to win and maintain excellence, unfortunately things unraveled a bit in the past couple of years. Never forget when I met him in, think it was, 2000 when he came to a juvenile correctional facility where I was a manager and my role was to meet & greet the guests. BB was on the list with the keynote speaker, Jim Brown, yes that Jim Brown my childhood football hero. Jim Brown was involved with a program he began called the Amer-I-Can Program.
At that event Jim Brown said about BB:
"Brown: I don't compare myself with anyone. Let me tell you about someone I do admire. Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surround myself with than any black athlete in modern times--financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in the prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home; he's met gang members in Cleveland [where Belichick coached the Browns from 1991 to '95]. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing."

The fact he had to go does not soften the sadness that that was the case.

To everything there is a season. Sic transit gloria mundi.

Shakespeare:

Devouring Time, blunt thou the lion's paws,
And make the earth devour her own sweet brood;
Pluck the keen teeth from the fierce tiger's jaws,
And burn the long-liv'd Phoenix in her blood;
Make glad and sorry seasons as thou fleets,
And do whate'er thou wilt, swift-footed Time,
To the wide world and all her fading sweets;
But I forbid thee one more heinous crime:
O, carve not with thy hours my love's fair brow,
Nor draw no lines there with thine antique pen!
Him in thy course untainted do allow
For beauty's pattern to succeeding men.
Yet do thy worst, old Time! Despite thy wrong
My love shall in my verse ever live young.

Hopefully he can catch shulas record
Hopefully some team will sign him.
Thanks for all the great memories and greatest run in all of sports. It’s a shame it had to end like this

Hopefully he can catch shulas record
Hopefully some team will sign him.
Thanks for all the great memories and greatest run in all of sports. It’s a shame it had to end like this
NASCAR drivers used to say the worst feeling in the world was to be leading a race and look in the rear view mirror and see Dale Earnhardt behind.

I would not want to be an NFL HC already on thin ice that goes on a losing streak with BB and Vrabel out there. Mcarthy, McDermott, Harbaugh, Daboll. If Shanahan loses again this Sunday, Lynch and BB are not strangers.

There’s already been a few posters that came in and gave their regards in a respectful manner that obviously didn’t like the guy and were happy to see him go. I get it, the ungratefulness and disrespect is maddening, but there wasn’t one in this thread.
I'm not as much of a Belichick fan as I am a Brady fan, but I certainly appreciate what Bill did here. It's just that I'm a fan of players much more than coaches or owners.

short and to the point.

Thanks Coach for all the great memories.

and thanks SBB for posting that.

Right on the money. We were fortunate enough to have the GOAT HC and the GOAT QB, which added up to 9 AFC Championships, 6 Lombardi’s, and the greatest Dynasty in NFL History. Thanks Bill.

Last edited:
Bill Belichick is so unappreciated by fans on this page. He is and always was a class act. You "naysayers" are going to get exactly what you deserve with the Pats.

Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

I dunno if I told all you guys or just a couple guys in DMs, but I will roll with it again. I have coached football in NH for 20 years. Some years I was the Dad who held the tackling dummy, some years I was the HC, some years STs, a position coach, and most recently, I reduced my role to scouting. The whole time, Bill was the HC of the NEPs. He always said, players play, and that is accurate. I could appreciate how great they were, but I was never going to be able to do what Tom Brady could do. I could, however, coach. Bill is clearly not the greatest athlete, and neither was I. I could relate to him more than anyone associated with the team. I would often put myself in his shoes in whatever situation was at hand. During the Atlanta SB, when they cut the lead to 16, I slid off my chair and sat on the floor, with a look of deep focus on my face. My wife looked at me and asked what was I doing. "Coaching" I replied. I could correlate what Bill was doing to my own meager experiences. It's because of this that I could identify with him better than anyone in the rest of the organization. It made me very sad to see his failures here in the last few years. It was a stark reminder that all things end.

This will be my first year coaching that he has not been there. Cheers to you, Coach. No one has done it better. Very likely, no one ever will.
Everyone tells me i am the only one they know that thought the pats could come back in that SB. But the pats were a comeback the team which are the most dangerous kind. They came back, i believe, twice from a 14 point deficit that season in the playoffs vs the ravens.

After being in the midst of mediocrity for so many years, BB demanded and brought excellence, where ever I traveled people would either envy or praise the Pats as I proudly wore pats gear. You taught this franchise how to win and maintain excellence, unfortunately things unraveled a bit in the past couple of years. Never forget when I met him in, think it was, 2000 when he came to a juvenile correctional facility where I was a manager and my role was to meet & greet the guests. BB was on the list with the keynote speaker, Jim Brown, yes that Jim Brown my childhood football hero. Jim Brown was involved with a program he began called the Amer-I-Can Program.
At that event Jim Brown said about BB:
"Brown: I don't compare myself with anyone. Let me tell you about someone I do admire. Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surround myself with than any black athlete in modern times--financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in the prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home; he's met gang members in Cleveland [where Belichick coached the Browns from 1991 to '95]. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing."
He also quietly rescued a stranded motorist if i remember correctly.

Taking a page out of Bledsoe's playbook, I see!:)

yeah... and he's out of the league.. WTF?
Edelman said it best: teams passing on BB show owners aren’t serious about winning, they’re just $erious about money. We’re in an era where football is so popular the money floods in whether you win or not.

Everyone tells me i am the only one they know that thought the pats could come back in that SB. But the pats were a comeback the team which are the most dangerous kind. They came back, i believe, twice from a 14 point deficit that season in the playoffs vs the ravens.
That was the 2014-15 playoffs. I’ll never forget because my wife and I were surrounded by Ravens fans at a bar in Hawaii. What a fun roller coaster ride they went on.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back