PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 WR/PTP Thread

Just watching NFL Network and they say that Coleman ran (21.71mph) on a go route at the combine and was 2nd fastest among group 8 WR's whatever that means. So, he may deserve a better spot.
IME, gotta dock at least 1mph for pads/helmet. That seems to be in line with someone like a Kupp who ran 4.62/4.61 for Combine and Pro but regularly hits mid 20.x as a ball carrier. Then there's a Jakobi who ran about the same 40 time but probably has never gone over 19mph as a ball carrier except maybe in college.

Once again, I decided to look up 100m HS times for tons of WRs. Not a ton. Man, UW had a frickin' track team. No one's really jumping out at me as a draft Beankie (a steal), as all are expected to go Day 1/2 except the smurfs Gould and Cowing (maybe). Looking forward to how they all do in the Combine/Pro Days, and I hope to see some 3cones and 20shuttles. After the last 2 years, hard to get excited, but I'd be content with most of these guys.

Anthony Gould 10.49 nw -Stock went up after Shrine Bowl PR TD
Xavier Worthy 10.55 (+2.7)
Rome Odunze 10.67 (+1.0)
Roman Wilson 10.68 (+1.3)
Jacob Cowing 10.71 (+1.0)
Jalen McMillan 10.73 (+1.1)
Ja'lynn Polk 10.89 nw

Ladd McConkey 10.8?
Ricky Pearsall 11.02?

Sturdivant returning but has 10.49 (or 10.39 with +5.7)
Dominic Lovett returning but 11.04 ht in 9th Grade
Julian Fleming returning but 10.95 nw
He's a smurf like Pop Douglas how many smurfs can a Team play at a time??

If the Pats traded back in the 1st round and took Odunze while adding another 1st (either this or next) a 2nd this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year, I'd be good with that.

If the Pats traded back in the 1st round and took Odunze while adding another 1st (either this or next) a 2nd this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year, I'd be good with that.
WR is becoming Draft and Develop your own: see how quickly they went off the FA market. A Team should Draft at least one every other year to keep the cupboard full. Yeah I like Rome O too there will be a lot of Stars @ WR in this 24 Draft Nabers is Big time too.

WR is becoming Draft and Develop your own: see how quickly they went off the FA market. A Team should Draft at least one every other year to keep the cupboard full. Yeah I like Rome O too there will be a lot of Stars @ WR in this 24 Draft Nabers is Big time too.

Drafting 1 every year is fine. Drafting 2-3 while Ignoring that the Patriots have Parker, JJSS, Thornton, Douglas, and Boutte is silly.. Yeah, the Pats could cut JJSS and Parker, but that would be eating over 10M in guaranteed salary.. And yes, I've said they are likely to do that, but that doesn't mean there is space for more than 1 WR. Especially if it's an MHJ, Oduze, or Nabers.

Drafting 1 every year is fine. Drafting 2-3 while Ignoring that the Patriots have Parker, JJSS, Thornton, Douglas, and Boutte is silly.. Yeah, the Pats could cut JJSS and Parker, but that would be eating over 10M in guaranteed salary.. And yes, I've said they are likely to do that, but that doesn't mean there is space for more than 1 WR. Especially if it's an MHJ, Oduze, or Nabers.
C'mon DB: Parker - Thornton and Boutte are are all garbage players no thanks. They are Rookies in this current Draft that are better than them I have absolutely no hope for Boney Thornton.

WR Brenden Rice USC Sleeper?? Fun fact We have Jerry Rice - Ed McCaffrey and Marvin Harrison's Sons all in the Draft all WR's. :cool:

@BaconGrundleCandy no Brenden Rice or Malik Washington?? B Rice this year's Puka Nacua?? Seems like a lot of good WR's are going to get lost in the shuffle.

C'mon DB: Parker - Thornton and Boutte are are all garbage players no thanks. They are Rookies in this current Draft that are better than them I have absolutely no hope for Boney Thornton.
The jury on BoneyT will declare “bust” only after this season. He has to start making big plays with the new QB.

He and Calvin Anderson at LT—if we don’t draft a stud—are important pieces this season.

The jury on BoneyT will declare “bust” only after this season. He has to start making big plays with the new QB.

He and Calvin Anderson at LT—if we don’t draft a stud—are important pieces this season.
I don't think Thornton proves me wrong we have seen this movie before too many times with BB Drafted second round Bust WR's. I hope they Double Dip they have Pop Douglas - Bourne -Juju not by choice :rolleyes: there room in the Inn now get Jacob Cowing and Brendan Rice in the DRAFT on Day 3.

That’s why Keion Coleman looks like a potential Patriot in round 2.

I am watching tape on him looks like a player great measurables I put no stock his 40 time Coleman is not Harry pt II he plays a lot Faster. Somebody is going to Drop a bunch of WR's and possibly a QB. I really hope we Trade Down and get more picks and grab a Penix Jr @ 34.

I've got anxiety after all the recent history of disaster selections at WR in round 1. That said I think targeting McConkey with pick 34 would be an excellent idea. But we all know the priority should be LT.

So the late gems I have my eye on are the following:

Isaiah Williams
Joshua Cephus
Jordan Whittington

With the Pats not signing any receivers in free agency it seems pretty likely to me that they will draft a receiver in the second or third.

Since I value the opinions on here I’d love to know who you guys like at receiver on day two of the draft.

My favorites are Ladd, Keon Coleman, and lagette. Who else should I add to the list?

With the Pats not signing any receivers in free agency it seems pretty likely to me that they will draft a receiver in the second or third.

Since I value the opinions on here I’d love to know who you guys like at receiver on day two of the draft.

My favorites are Ladd, Keon Coleman, and lagette. Who else should I add to the list?
Brian Thomas, Troy Franklin, Javon Baker, Xavier Worthy to name a few. Someone good will fall/be available at 34

I really, really do not like Keon Coleman.

I really like Ricky Pearsall, Tez Walker or Roman Wilson at top of 2nd round

My jam - lots of fun speed stats for the prospects (not just WRs). I like to take with a grain of salt, though.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back