PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 OT/PTP Thread

I know this is the OT thread but there's been some talk about CBs. Witherspoon and Gonzalez seem to have the athletic ability to deserve a top 15 pick. I see some people throwing Joey Porter in there but he really doesn't have the same speed. He is tough, gritty, smart, hard tackler, a leader. But he lacks top end speed. He's an Aqib Talib type but w/ better character. He'll mess up defenses, but he can be burned easily. I believe Talib was a 4.45-4.5 40 type when he came out. And I expect Porter to run around there.

I know this is the OT thread but there's been some talk about CBs. Witherspoon and Gonzalez seem to have the athletic ability to deserve a top 15 pick. I see some people throwing Joey Porter in there but he really doesn't have the same speed. He is tough, gritty, smart, hard tackler, a leader. But he lacks top end speed. He's an Aqib Talib type but w/ better character. He'll mess up defenses, but he can be burned easily. I believe Talib was a 4.45-4.5 40 type when he came out. And I expect Porter to run around there.

I am wondering how well Witherspoon will run. Everyone's valuations might change after the combine because the 40 is still important for WR and CB.

I am wondering how well Witherspoon will run. Everyone's valuations might change after the combine because the 40 is still important for WR and CB.
Let's pray he has bad testing so he lasts until 14.

Matthew Bergeron. Elite run blocker. Needs more consistency in pass protection. That scares off some teams.

Klemm, with proper Dante-like coaching, you could turn this young man into an above average OT.

He's somebody I hope is still available at #76 if we haven't addressed LT before then.

I love Jaelyn Duncan at LT and a Matthew Bergeron at RT in the draft.

I think he probably plays a little faster than he'll time. I heard Corn Elder's name brought up and it makes sense. Physical, balls 100 mph every snap but runs 4.5. Not the biggest, arms a little small.

We'll see what happens. I like the prospect a lot though. Just have to see what happens.

“Lack of length”? A 6’6” guy with arms 33 5/8”?

Are you kidding me?

This I know. Jaelyn Duncan was a four year starter at LT in the Big Ten and is very athletic.

Some seasoning with Jerod Mayo’s brother in the weight room will be great.
Our future at LT? I hope so. Apparently good value with this guy. A first round talent available in a later round.

Those of us hoping for a LT1 from this draft need to accept that there are no “plug and play” prospects for that position and if there were they would be long gone by #14. Teams I expect to be in the market for a young LT include Atlanta, Chicago, Tennessee, and the Jete. I am continuing to hold to my belief therefore that there will be at least 2 gone by #14 and wouldn’t be shocked by 3 being off the board - Johnson, B. Jones, Wright, and Harrison are the guys I’m guessing at here

I’m thinking the same way about CB and WR.

So for me it’s BPA time but it won’t infuriate me to see a trade down in Round 1 to a get a couple of Day 2 picks. Any of Bergeron, Duncan, and Freeland would work for me on Day 2. All of them are far from perfect but with the new coaching I will have hope.

Those of us hoping for a LT1 from this draft need to accept that there are no “plug and play” prospects for that position and if there were they would be long gone by #14. Teams I expect to be in the market for a young LT include Atlanta, Chicago, Tennessee, and the Jete. I am continuing to hold to my belief therefore that there will be at least 2 gone by #14 and wouldn’t be shocked by 3 being off the board - Johnson, B. Jones, Wright, and Harrison are the guys I’m guessing at here

I’m thinking the same way about CB and WR.

So for me it’s BPA time but it won’t infuriate me to see a trade down in Round 1 to a get a couple of Day 2 picks. Any of Bergeron, Duncan, and Freeland would work for me on Day 2. All of them are far from perfect but with the new coaching I will have hope.

The JETE pick is most.likely GB (for A Rodgers). Changes the LT prediction possibly.

BGC. They say OT and CB are deep in this draft
At pick 14.
Is there more value at OT or CB knowing we can get the other position in the 2nd round

But is he an NFL-caliber starting Left Tackle?

Because if he isn't, then I don't want him; not at 14 certainly.

Ballinger is argueing Wright is a LT. I don't know. The question is why did Tennessee ask Wright to move from LT to RT?

Ballinger is argueing Wright is a LT. I don't know. The question is why did Tennessee ask Wright to move from LT to RT?
Because he could play both and they didn't have a guy who could play right. Watch him against Will Anderson. He was outstanding vs NFL level competition.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back