PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 OT/PTP Thread

BGC. They say OT and CB are deep in this draft
At pick 14.
Is there more value at OT or CB knowing we can get the other position in the 2nd round
CB

Probably most top heavy and deepest it's been in a long long time. Guys like Brents, Wright, Turner and Banks are all top 30-50 guys. Two will go RD1 imo (Brents & Banks if i had to guess).

CB

Probably most top heavy and deepest it's been in a long long time. Guys like Brents, Wright, Turner and Banks are all top 30-50 guys. Two will go RD1 imo (Brents & Banks if i had to guess).
Who would you pick at 14 & 46

Who would you pick at 14
As of rn and probably wont change a ton. I'd prefer all these guys in the 20's. Closer to where i have them valued but sometimes you cant trade back.

Darnell Wright, Quentin Johnston, JSN, Gonzo, Porter, B Jones, Paris Johnson
Brents, Mazi, McDonald, Mims, Freeland, Mims, Campbell, Turner, Forbes, Sanders, Michael Schmitz, Cam Smith, Harrison and a few others.

I need to update the board. Definitely this week. Hockey season is over for my little guy so ill have some free time to really hit it. I need to for @Mark Morse and a few others
Anyone else that didn't see it. Got a few PM asking felt bad they didn't see it.

As of rn and probably wont change a ton. I'd prefer all these guys in the 20's. Closer to where i have them valued but sometimes you cant trade back.

Brents, Mazi, McDonald, Mims, Freeland, Mims, Campbell, Turner, Forbes, Sanders, Michael Schmitz, Cam Smith, Harrison and a few others.

I need to update the board. Definitely this week. Hockey season is over for my little guy so ill have some free time to really hit it. I need to for @Mark Morse and a few others
Anyone else that didn't see it. Got a few PM asking felt bad they didn't see it.

Thanks Pal Will look at the board. Yomans work

Dont forget O'Cyrus Torrence*, G, Florida

Dont forget O'Cyrus Torrence*, G, Florida
He tested poorly in some categories/drills we've typically favored in the past and looks like a top 40 pick. We've only drafted guys with tackle experience with top 50-75 picks so he probably won't be on the board.

This is an awesome spreadsheet! Thank you for making this. Question though- For your Cornerback group, is there a reason you don't have Devon Witherspoon included?

OT/PTP Thread

Tier 1A

Peter Skoronski - 6'4/295 - Northwestern

I've seen him be projected as a Guard in NFL and have seen a lot of comments about his short arms. Any worry there from your perspective? I've basically removed him from my board, which may be a bit extreme haha

He tested poorly in some categories/drills we've typically favored in the past and looks like a top 40 pick. We've only drafted guys with tackle experience with top 50-75 picks so he probably won't be on the board.

I wish that were true, believe me... But Strange69 says hello...

I've seen him be projected as a Guard in NFL and have seen a lot of comments about his short arms. Any worry there from your perspective? I've basically removed him from my board, which may be a bit extreme haha
Yea no I have him as a G too. I just put him there bc that's where he's played and didn't know exact arm measurements although I knew they were under 33.5
This is an awesome spreadsheet! Thank you for making this. Question though- For your Cornerback group, is there a reason you don't have Devon Witherspoon included?
Waiting in his testing #'s

I wish that were true, believe me... But Strange69 says hello...
Cole Strange played 2 full games at tackle in college.

Thank you for showing that you and facts don't get along.

Do. Not. Want.
I wonder how high he will go. Cody Mauch, a player I love, could play guard for us if AK decides to move Cole Strange to center. Esp in a year from now when Andrews may be hanging up the cleats.

Fun player. Reminds me of Matt Light with more athleticism. I believe shorter arms tho. So that necessitates his move inside. Life isn’t fair.

I’m treating this post as bible verses.

Even though the majority of his snaps at Chattanooga came at left guard, Strange has experience in other spots as well. He started one game at center in 2019 and another at left tackle in 2021. He also has a handful of snaps at right tackle on his résumé.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back