PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 OT/PTP Thread

If I can get a hold of it, sometimes the schools only send one game or the splice they put together in house,
Idt Caddy (draft Twitter) is as involved as he was before but he's sold A22 for cheap money for years. I'll find the link

Idt Caddy (draft Twitter) is as involved as he was before but he's sold A22 for cheap money for years. I'll find the link

most schools have really good SID’s and I know a guy at the sec that they send him stuff to all the time.

OT1 on my PTP Board. Tackle class might be thin for us this year

Yeah I don't know if using one of our Day 1-2 picks on an OT is the best way to maximize their value... I've been considering instead using one of the early Day 3 picks (123, 173) on somebody like Tyler Smith or Braxton Jones... AND I WANT ANOTHER 4th/5th-round PICK!

Yeah I don't know if using one of our Day 1-2 picks on an OT is the best way to maximize their value... I've been considering instead using one of the early Day 3 picks (123, 173) on somebody like Tyler Smith or Braxton Jones... AND I WANT ANOTHER 4th/5th-round PICK!
Looking at the OT class and the bodies just aren't there that we normally take. Maybe we deviate a little but not a lot of our types imo.

Looking at the OT class and the bodies just aren't there that we normally take. Maybe we deviate a little but not a lot of our types imo.

What do you have for the guidelines as a "Patriots Norm" in terms of OT? EDIT: I'm asking because I don't remember.

Matt Light 6'4 - 295
Nate Solder - 6'8 - 316

Sebastian Vollmer - 6'8 - 320
Marcus Cannon - 6'6 - 335

* Isaiah Wynn - 6'2 -320
Justin Herron - 6'5-305
Yodny Cajuste - 6'5- 310
+ Antonio Garcia - 6'7 - 300
+ Conor McDermott - 6'8 - 310
Cameron Fleming - 6'5 - 320
+ Thomas Welch - 6'6 - 300
+ George Bussey - 6'3-306
+ Clint Oldenburg - 6'5 - 305
+ Corey Hilliard - 6'5 - 308
Ryan O'Callaghan - 6'7 - 330
Kenyatta Jones - 6'3-307
Nick Kazcur - 6'4-315

* = Not the norm for Pats OT
+ = Never took a snap for the Pats.

What do you have for the guidelines as a "Patriots Norm" in terms of OT? EDIT: I'm asking because I don't remember.

Matt Light 6'4 - 295
Nate Solder - 6'8 - 316

* Isaiah Wynn - 6'2 -320
Justin Herron - 6'5-305
Yodny Cajuste - 6'5- 310
Kenyatta Jones - 6'3-307
Nick Kazcur - 6'4-315

Would like to see a tackle about 6'5" or 6"6" and about 330 to 335lbs.

Matt Light 6'4 - 295
Nate Solder - 6'8 - 316

* Isaiah Wynn - 6'2 -320
Justin Herron - 6'5-305
Yodny Cajuste - 6'5- 310
Kenyatta Jones - 6'3-307
Nick Kazcur - 6'4-315

Balance, ability to move / play out in space, handle power rushes, quickness into their sets.

315-320 lbs, 30" vert, broad jump over 8.6

IOL is all about speed, agility, ability to play in space.

Overall my gut but I try to stick to what history has shown us.

Balance, ability to move / play out in space, handle power rushes, quickness into their sets.

315-320 lbs, 30" vert, broad jump over 8.6

IOL is all about speed, agility, ability to play in space.

Overall my gut but I try to stick to what history has shown us.

Ok. Help me understand.
Looking at the OT class and the bodies just aren't there that we normally take.
Isn't this referring to the Height/Weight/Hands/Arm Length of the player? Not the athletic metrics (broad/vertical/bench)

EDIT: I wasn't questioning your gut. I am trying to understand what you were specifically referring to since your list seems to have a plethora of guys who (at first glance) would meet the height/weight/hands/arms. The other metrics (vert/broad/bench) we won't learn until the Combine.

Last edited:
Would like to see a tackle about 6'5" or 6"6" and about 330 to 335lbs.

As BCG sort of said, getting an OT with the SIZE isn't the only thing that matter. There are tangibles that are needed. There definitely are plenty of guys who meet the 6'4+ 310+ height/weight. But Hand size, arm length, mobility, balance, technique, attitude, Football IQ all come into play. It doesn't matter if the guy is 6'9 350 if he get's put on his arse consistently by a 230lb LB or the LB just runs around him..

Ok. Help me understand.

Isn't this referring to the Height/Weight/Hands/Arm Length of the player? Not the athletic metrics (broad/vertical/bench)

EDIT: I wasn't questioning your gut. I am trying to understand what you were specifically referring to since your list seems to have a plethora of guys who (at first glance) would meet the height/weight/hands/arms. The other metrics (vert/broad/bench) we won't learn until the Combine.
So I was referring to the collective there. Overall talent and athleticism of the prospect and what traits I see on film. The vert and stuff i have to wait more but I'll just pay more attention to that drill. That's why I mentioned it.

Excluding the top three, assuming we're not getting one if them. They're aren't many worth a top 50-100 pick that fit our type imo. Some of those guys listed above will be considered at guard like Kinnard and Zion. Another kid just dropped out the draft that probably would have been on my board.

Some years you'll have a bunch of guys that just fit and others you wont. This just seems thin for us at OT but I could be wrong

At the shrine game the offensive tackle from UConn, van demark was a guy that after a red shirt year to get stronger and heavier could develop into something,

So I was referring to the collective there. Overall talent and athleticism of the prospect and what traits I see on film. The vert and stuff i have to wait more but I'll just pay more attention to that drill. That's why I mentioned it.

Excluding the top three, assuming we're not getting one if them. They're aren't many worth a top 50-100 pick that fit our type imo. Some of those guys listed above will be considered at guard like Kinnard and Zion. Another kid just dropped out the draft that probably would have been on my board.

Some years you'll have a bunch of guys that just fit and others you wont. This just seems thin for us at OT but I could be wrong

I think that BB really needs to bring someone in to be the "Offensive advisor" to help Bricillo and Yates. I think that the loss of Popovich at the 11th hour was compounded by the fact that Dante had retired. The combination really hurt the development of the O-line.

The Pats actually have 4 OT in Wynn, Herron, Durant and Cajuste. Onwenu would be a 5th. So if they have Onwenu penciled at RT then I can, most definitely, see them NOT taking an OT this year. Particularly if, like you, they feel that the talent just isn't there. This would allow them to focus on IDL and LB as well as IOL in the later rounds (A Guard and a Center) Yes. I am discounting the possibility of Sherman and Hambright. Sherman I think will be an OG and on the PS and Hambright is an unknown.

I think that BB really needs to bring someone in to be the "Offensive advisor" to help Bricillo and Yates. I think that the loss of Popovich at the 11th hour was compounded by the fact that Dante had retired. The combination really hurt the development of the O-line.

The Pats actually have 4 OT in Wynn, Herron, Durant and Cajuste. Onwenu would be a 5th. So if they have Onwenu penciled at RT then I can, most definitely, see them NOT taking an OT this year. Particularly if, like you, they feel that the talent just isn't there. This would allow them to focus on IDL and LB as well as IOL in the later rounds (A Guard and a Center) Yes. I am discounting the possibility of Sherman and Hambright. Sherman I think will be an OG and on the PS and Hambright is an unknown.

Are Durant and cajuste quality players? Or do they need to upgraded?

@BaconGrundleCandy - What's your take on BRAXTON JONES OT SOUTHERN UTAH 6’051/306 10 1/8″H-36″A-84 1/4″WS #77 ?

He played on the "American" squad during the East-West Shrine game?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back