PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 WR/PTP Thread

Tutu Atwell is so electrifying slot WR. A bit undersized but what makes him special is his speed especially after a catch and ability in creating space. IMO worth a look.

just say yes to bb drafting tutu. He’s a waddle clone.
If somehow we were to get Mac Jones as our qb, he would probably click instantly with tutu!

I don't disagree with you. I just have ZERO TRUST in the Patriots brain trust to select blue chip Wide Receivers when they fall into our lap. See the Curious Case of DK Metcalf (2203 receiving yards and 17 TDs in first two seasons) and the Inexplicable Pass on AJ Brown (2126 receiving yards and 19 TDs in first two seasons) vs BB's Binky N'Keal Harry (414 yards and 4 TDs in 2 seasons). Each of those receivers produced 500% more yards than Harry. Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm!
NO ONE thought Metcalf was worthy of a 1st round pick. So this sort of "curious case" and "inexplicable pass" is just crap. Shows just who is self-absorbed when it comes to Draft stuff. And it shows just who is blind to the different situations that receivers were put into.

How DARE I tout the likes of AJ Brown - Pro Bowl selection 2020 and DK Metcalf - Pro Bowl selection 2020. Those guys are obviously TRASH because BB didn't select them. It's obvious that "Zero Separation" N'Keal Harry was the PERFECT pick! It's just that BUM Brady refused to throw to him!! Never mind that Harry got equally trashy production numbers the year AFTER Brady left the team.

Oh really, NOBODY rated DK Metcalf and AJ Brown in the 2019 draft?

Walterfootball had Metcalf RANKED #1 and Brown #4 in their top receivers for that draft year. But Obviously that NEGATES your narrative protecting perfect coach BB who NEVER makes a drafting mistake. So obviously we should ignore it!!

How DARE I tout the likes of AJ Brown - Pro Bowl selection 2020 and DK Metcalf - Pro Bowl selection 2020. Those guys are obviously TRASH because BB didn't select them. It's obvious that "Zero Separation" N'Keal Harry was the PERFECT pick! It's just that BUM Brady refused to throw to him!! Never mind that Harry got equally trashy production numbers the year AFTER Brady left the team.

Oh really, NOBODY rated DK Metcalf and AJ Brown in the 2019 draft?

Walterfootball had Metcalf RANKED #1 and Brown #4 in their top receivers for that draft year. But Obviously that NEGATES your narrative protecting perfect coach BB who NEVER makes a drafting mistake. So obviously we should ignore it!!
I remember being so giddy when the it got to pick #32 and Metcalf and Brown were sitting there for the taking. I didn't care which one of the two Bill picked because I thought both would be studs. Then they come out to the podium and announce Harry.

I remember being so giddy when the it got to pick #32 and Metcalf and Brown were sitting there for the taking. I didn't care which one of the two Bill picked because I thought both would be studs. Then they come out to the podium and announce Harry.

the wide receiver from Minnesota reminds me so much of Harry, that it is scary,

and then I see people mocking him to us and I understand why, but I still pray bb does not take him.

NO ONE thought Metcalf was worthy of a 1st round pick. So this sort of "curious case" and "inexplicable pass" is just crap. Shows just who is self-absorbed when it comes to Draft stuff. And it shows just who is blind to the different situations that receivers were put into.
This is nonsense. MOST draft prognosticators had Metcalf as the #1 receiver in the draft, at worst, #2 behind Hollywood Brown. I only saw ONE draft guru (out of 100) list Harry as #1 receiver in the draft.

the wide receiver from Minnesota reminds me so much of Harry, that it is scary,

and then I see people mocking him to us and I understand why, but I still pray bb does not take him.
He gets much better separation than Harry, it’s not even close.

I would’ve been thrilled with either Metcalf or Brown.

Chris Simms released his WR rankings. He has a 1st round grade on 6 WR's

Ja'Marr Chase
Devonta Smith
Dyami Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Kadarius Toney
Terrace Marshall Jr.
In that order.

Honorable Mentions: Jaelon Darden, Tutu Atwell, Marquez Stevenson, Dwayne Eskridge. Surprised there was no mention of Elijah Moore, I'd have him in my top 6.

Ja'Marr Chase
Devonta Smith
Dyami Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Kadarius Toney
Terrace Marshall Jr.
In that order.

Honorable Mentions: Jaelon Darden, Tutu Atwell, Marquez Stevenson, Dwayne Eskridge. Surprised there was no mention of Elijah Moore, I'd have him in my top 6.
No bateman does surprise me more

No bateman does surprise me more
If I recall correctly he said something along the lines of, and I'm paraphrasing here, Bateman being more scheme dependent and less versatile. There's not a lot of plays where it's all him, where he makes something of nothing. He liked him, but wasn't as high on him as others.

If I recall correctly he said something along the lines of, and I'm paraphrasing here, Bateman being more scheme dependent and less versatile. There's not a lot of plays where it's all him, where he makes something of nothing. He liked him, but wasn't as high on him as others.
In some boards I see him locked as WR 4 in the draft. Interesting to see this different opinions

Waddle is the answer. We need waddle in our offense. His speed and suddenness will alter defensive coverages and make all our other receivers better.

Ja'Marr Chase
Devonta Smith
Dyami Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Kadarius Toney
Terrace Marshall Jr.
In that order.

I like Dyami Brown too...but ahead of Waddle & Marshall?

Jaelon Darden??

Marquez Stevenson???

This is nonsense. MOST draft prognosticators had Metcalf as the #1 receiver in the draft, at worst, #2 behind Hollywood Brown. I only saw ONE draft guru (out of 100) list Harry as #1 receiver in the draft.
Not after the combine.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back