PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 QB/PTP Thread

About that although I'd put Luck & Lawrence together like a 2A/B deal. Then Burrow. I can't believe he got hammered like that. I mean financially he'll be fine but he looked the part. Like I thought he was playing very well behind a bottom 5 OL. Some good weapons but again couldn't be maximized bc of that OL. Can't believe they have him throwing so much. Just a terrible franchise.

I find it unlikely to happen and maybe I’m still hoping that somehow Lawrence ends up on the pats( I know never going to happen) but I hope Lawrence forces his way out of being picked by the jets. Burrow is a prime example of what a bad franchise can do to you. Cincinnati left burrow out there essentially with the same terrible line they had from the year before and now he’s out for the rest of the season because they weren’t able to figure out he needed protection. I hope burrow is able to come back and play as well as he was before the injury because it would be awful to see a talent wasted like that.

I’m sorry for the rant lol.

I find it unlikely to happen and maybe I’m still hoping that somehow Lawrence ends up on the pats( I know never going to happen) but I hope Lawrence forces his way out of being picked by the jets. Burrow is a prime example of what a bad franchise can do to you. Cincinnati left burrow out there essentially with the same terrible line they had from the year before and now he’s out for the rest of the season because they weren’t able to figure out he needed protection. I hope burrow is able to come back and play as well as he was before the injury because it would be awful to see a talent wasted like that.

I’m sorry for the rant lol.
Such a shame on Burrow, I would lock CIN in for a LT early

Lot of sorry franchises

We definitely need a QB next draft but I am hardly excited about the draft class outside of the top 2 QBs in the draft.
Lawrence is most likely going to the Jets.

You guys understand the level of competition that byu is playing is not exactly sec level correct?

I have a third round grade on Wilson, let someone else overdraft the kid!
Not worried about the competition, he still needs to make the throws. And he’s making those throws, spectacularly. The kid has it all. Several good college QBs play against crappy competition. Wentz, Flacco and Garappolo all were successful despite playing weak competition. Wentz & Flacco were 1st round picks.

We definitely need a QB next draft but I am hardly excited about the draft class outside of the top 2 QBs in the draft.
Lawrence is most likely going to the Jets.
I have the same feeling...Newton may legitimately the best option unfortunately

I have the same feeling...Newton may legitimately the best option unfortunately

there is no doubt in my mind that bb thinks newton is the best option. Stidham has had all season to beat newton out of the job and failed to step his game up!

can any draft pick come in and pick up this offense and play better than newton?

Lawrence - yes. The others - no.

will bb bring in a retread qb? Maybe but I do not think so.

there is no doubt in my mind that bb thinks newton is the best option. Stidham has had all season to beat newton out of the job and failed to step his game up!

can any draft pick come in and pick up this offense and play better than newton?

Lawrence - yes. The others - no.

will bb bring in a retread qb? Maybe but I do not think so.
Exactly my thoughts...For better or for worse

Sucks on Stidham, really liked him coming out

Not even sure if he's draft eligible and doubt he enters this year if he even is, but what do we think of Corral from Ole Miss? Reminds me of a poor man's Baker Mayfield...Needs to refine mechanics and put one some weight

Not even sure if he's draft eligible and doubt he enters this year if he even is, but what do we think of Corral from Ole Miss? Reminds me of a poor man's Baker Mayfield...Needs to refine mechanics and put one some weight

i think he is a sophomore.

his m.o. seems to be to throw the ball to Moore as much as possible.

Moore is a stud!

i think he is a sophomore.

his m.o. seems to be to throw the ball to Moore as much as possible.

Moore is a stud!
Got that right, he's draft eligible correct?

UCF QB Milton transferring, will be a 2022 Draft Prospect...Awesome story, good college QB

What did you think of Myles Brennan in limited action this season. Saw you had him tier 3 but you probably didn’t have much to go off of. Still don’t have much but I really liked how he played pre injury @BaconGrundleCandy.

What did you think of Myles Brennan in limited action this season. Saw you had him tier 3 but you probably didn’t have much to go off of. Still don’t have much but I really liked how he played pre injury @BaconGrundleCandy.
To be perfectly honest don't have the greatest feel on him. I'd like to see back and really get a full/regular off-season/season. He looks comfortable running uptempo stuff. Looks the part there, quick & calm for the most part. I see the confidence. Like what I saw in regards to arm. He just has no luck man. This was a tough year as is but he lost about 35 TDs with players leaving on offense and that defense would get him killed with no breaks. Again id like to see him in action for a full year. He's got potential though.

UCF QB Milton transferring, will be a 2022 Draft Prospect...Awesome story, good college QB
I was very high on him two years ago until that injury. He’s undersized, but his mechanics and vision are top notch. I worry about how mobile he will be now after that injury, though, as well as the likelihood for future injury.

I was very high on him two years ago until that injury. He’s undersized, but his mechanics and vision are top notch. I worry about how mobile he will be now after that injury, though, as well as the likelihood for future injury.
Time will tell like always, he was really awesome at UCF

Trask with another good game today.

Bailey Zeppe is fun for a while. Sneaky accuracy & mobility but against 11 NFL players every week? Really crafty with getting the ball from A to B. He's really heady, can anticipate a little. Not afraid of anyone just think physical limitations might be too much. Coached by former Kingsbury guy. Late round/6-7th - udfa type.

I think if you like Trask you have to like Mac Jones? Better arm, mobility & pocket awareness but Trask will still have plenty of buyers imo. Like I would use the word "sneaky" to describe both arms. Both guys had an uphill climb and nothing handed to them. Jones was the apparent at Bama but he knew his role when Tua/Hurts were there. I think both will be on the Pats radar. Jones maybe day 2. Trask late 2, day 3, depending on how much they like him. Both coming from pro styles with lots of hype and talent so I think both go top 75-90. Each check boxes we like imo. I could see. Actually been on the Trask to NE thought process for a minute.

This QB is super interesting bc of all the young guys. 21 or 22 classes looked pretty good. I think we get 5-6 big time QB's from those two.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back