PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 QB/PTP Thread

Stidham is not the guy.

I like Zach Wilson, not big on Trask or Jones who scream career backups to me but if we continue on our current trajectory might be in with a shout of Lance.

Stidham is not the guy.

I like Zach Wilson, not big on Trask or Jones who scream career backups to me but if we continue on our current trajectory might be in with a shout of Lance.
I’m a big Zach Wilson fan. He has everything, great arm, accuracy, he can extend plays with his feet, runs the RPO really well. He’s a leader, drinks, sleeps & eats football.

I would be thrilled if the Pats wind up with Zach Wilson.

Very possible and I love Lawrence, but I feel like this was said about Luck and even Burrow

Unrelated, Lawrence is the best QB prospect in college by a mile...Maybe just my opinion, but the QB play in college doesn't bode well for future classes, don't like many

Luck played on a crappy team. If he came to NE and worked under BB, he would have at least gotten 1 ring. And Burrow is doing just fine.

Luck played on a crappy team. If he came to NE and worked under BB, he would have at least gotten 1 ring. And Burrow is doing just fine.
Didn't mean to disrespect either of them, I'm a fan...I was more so saying that obviously not all 3 of Luck, Burrow, and Lawrence can be the next Peyton manning

He's made a conscious effort to put more hips/core in his passes and it shows big time. Esp on off platform throws like this. He'll practice the steps, timing and just mess around with this stuff in practice on his own. His feet are where it's at though. Look at the back foot and the velocity/accuracy he generates.

One other thing. This BYU offense is loaded. All 5 OL will get drafted imo. Multiple WRs. Bushman at TE & Wake is a baller.

He's made a conscious effort to put more hips/core in his passes and it shows big time. Esp on off platform throws like this. He'll practice the steps, timing and just mess around with this stuff in practice on his own. His feet are where it's at though. Look at the back foot and the velocity/accuracy he generates.

One other thing. This BYU offense is loaded. All 5 OL will get drafted imo. Multiple WRs. Bushman at TE & Wake is a baller.

I really like Zach Wilson with our first if he’s available but I’m starting to think he’s going to overtake trey lance as qb3. Also, I think we may win our way out of range from being able to take him.

I really like Zach Wilson with our first if he’s available but I’m starting to think he’s going to overtake trey lance as qb3. Also, I think we may win our way out of range from being able to take him.
Agreed. Lance scares me a little even though his skill set is fierce. I really wish he played somewhere this year to see more. 1 year guys have also been killing me lately in different positions. I love his tape despite some limitations throwing downfield. Not really arm related but he could improve on some anticipation/vision, accuracy, needing open WR. Processing vs NFL schemes? He'll be a tough one to pull the trigger on for some. He'll need a really good landing spot with a Roman or Daboll or someone established with confidence. Known system, plan.

He's a great prospect but top ten is a big decision. That's the thing.

You guys understand the level of competition that byu is playing is not exactly sec level correct?

I have a third round grade on Wilson, let someone else overdraft the kid!

I agree fully, but going back further:
Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Mitch...Craps shoot

I loved the Stidham pick and like him as a developmental QB, but he has a LONG ways to go...Arm talent is undeniable, but his decision making is very poor
does anyone think Winston could correct his issues with proper coaching? Undeniable arm talent but too many INTs.

does anyone think Winston could correct his issues with proper coaching? Undeniable arm talent but too many INTs.
At one point yes, but I would say that ship has sailed

Winston was one of my favorite QB prospects I've watched (Not that I'm an expert)

Winston is aggressive, aggressive to the point of having no concern for ball security.

he is exactly the type qb that bb shuns.

I'm definitely not giving up on Purdy. He's a prospect that has some real good stuff on tape. He's a script guy but really good once/if that script gets to play out. Like he can maximize in a great scheme (Shanahan-Mcvay?) but what's his peak/ceiling individually when needed? I guess that's the big question along with mental processing, mechanics & just playing faster.

He's very good when things are there for him. He didn't get much help, none really. From his guys or the coaching staff. They've been slow coming out the gate lately. They looked flat & flatter. Unathletic and slow on defense.

Back to Purdy, he needs to speed things up and not wait for the safest throws in the building. He doesn't have the whip or even mental game to fit those tight windows. He has very good touch and placement at times but not the biggest fastball.

Can't bail so easy. Have to go bang-bang throughout his reads or he'll always be a little late.

Again he didn't have much help but definitely didn't shine or even look the part today. Again today. I'm not getting excited until 4-5 games in.
Follow Iowa State closely. Definitely has not been the season Purdy hoped for in terms of his performance, but he had a fantastic showing against Kansas State this last week. I saw lot of what looked like the guy we had expected coming into this year and the guy we’d seen in 18-19.

To your point, his weapons have been lackluster for the most part outside of the RB Hall. A lot of inexperience at WR, and the OL has been shaky. (as it usually is at ISU)

All that being considered, I think he’s best served to stay for his senior season barring a great run down the stretch here. Too many poor performances this year, will have ample opportunity to make his case in the 2022 class.

Clemson and Lawrence just put a 30 burger on Pittsburgh..... in the first quarter!!!!

best qb I have seen since Peyton!

Clemson and Lawrence just put a 30 burger on Pittsburgh..... in the first quarter!!!!

best qb I have seen since Peyton!
How do we all rank Peyton, Luck, Burrow, Lawrence in terms of prospects?

I'd go Peyton, Lawrence, Luck, Burrow...But they were all generationally regarded

Follow Iowa State closely. Definitely has not been the season Purdy hoped for in terms of his performance, but he had a fantastic showing against Kansas State this last week. I saw lot of what looked like the guy we had expected coming into this year and the guy we’d seen in 18-19.

To your point, his weapons have been lackluster for the most part outside of the RB Hall. A lot of inexperience at WR, and the OL has been shaky. (as it usually is at ISU)

All that being considered, I think he’s best served to stay for his senior season barring a great run down the stretch here. Too many poor performances this year, will have ample opportunity to make his case in the 2022 class.
Big win, big comeback. Happy for him. Just a rough year but I still like him. He's been great the last few games.

I'd go Peyton, Lawrence, Luck, Burrow...But they were all generationally regarded
About that although I'd put Luck & Lawrence together like a 2A/B deal. Then Burrow. I can't believe he got hammered like that. I mean financially he'll be fine but he looked the part. Like I thought he was playing very well behind a bottom 5 OL. Some good weapons but again couldn't be maximized bc of that OL. Can't believe they have him throwing so much. Just a terrible franchise.

I have it the same way. But there are probably others between luck and burrows.

if Lawrence wins out this year, he could be pushing Peyton for first overall.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back