BGC 2021 QB/PTP Thread

I have to say I'm not at all in on Track being a first rounder
I have him as a second rounder currently... I prefer him over Jones

Skeptical of Wilson still

Fields, who I wasn't HUGE on has grown on me as of late

I have him as a second rounder currently... I prefer him over Jones

Skeptical of Wilson still

Fields, who I wasn't HUGE on has grown on me as of late

wilson showed his true colors against coastal Carolina.

ps: I give Wilson huge toughness scores, after he threw that interception, those two Carolina guys literally beat him up and threw him on the ground like a rag doll and he did not back down, huge props!

I still have a third round grade on him, trask, lance and Jones!

wilson showed his true colors against coastal Carolina.

ps: I give Wilson huge toughness scores, after he threw that interception, those two Carolina guys literally beat him up and threw him on the ground like a rag doll and he did not back down, huge props!

I still have a third round grade on him, trask, lance and Jones!
People left the CCU game with rave reviews of Wilson...Still not getting it

Anyone have any thoughts on Desmond Ridder Cincinnati ? I haven’t seen him but he has put 2 good seasons together.

Anyone have any thoughts on Desmond Ridder Cincinnati ? I haven’t seen him but he has put 2 good seasons together.
Haven't dived deep on him, but seems like a true college QB

Ive liked him for a few years. I'll give you an answer when I'm not busy at work.

i have us taking him in the fourth round

1.) wr waddle or smith both of Alabama.
2.) dt Davis of Georgia or shelvin of lsu
3.) ot faalala of minnesota
4.) qb rudder of cincy
4.) lb Cox of lsu
4.) lb rice of georgia

i have us taking him in the fourth round

1.) wr waddle or smith both of Alabama.
2.) dt Davis of Georgia or shelvin of lsu
3.) ot faalala of minnesota
4.) qb rudder of cincy
4.) lb Cox of lsu
4.) lb rice of georgia
Can’t imagine Rice would last till 4

Can’t imagine Rice would last till 4

based on his play, I see no reason to think he is a day one or day two player.

if he blows up the combine maybe then he moves up.

based on his play, I see no reason to think he is a day one or day two player.

if he blows up the combine maybe then he moves up.
Well then that would be a good #4. I only saw an early game where he was playing injured but he looked fast, played hard, made a lot of plays.

He's been a binky of sorts for a few years even though I tell myself I have no more binkys.

Big time whip. + arm talent. Touches the pedal for easy gas. He can hit 55-60 air yards np. Plenty of velocity. Not consistent enough but at times he shows big time touch, accuracy and placement. Can really drop it in the bucket. Comparable to Justin Herbert, Jordan Love. You can do a lot with that type of arm. Really opens things up in terms of play calling.

He produced right out the gate as a true FO. 20/5 & 60+% followed up by 18/9 55% & comp 66% this year. Cinci resembles a NFL more than most college teams. Balanced. They ask him to play mistake free. Very few overall TO and turn it up when it matters the most. With his arm or legs.

He's a truck at 6'4/215. NFL size, looks & is an athlete. Has to learn to protect himself when he takes off but he has wheels. NFL speed will neutralize some of his big runs but no big deal. Hes still very much capable of ripping off 30+ chunks bc of his speed and big strides.

Has to improve deep accuracy, keep working on and improving his footwork and pocket awareness/presence. The last two aren't problems just he could improve and he has. He's improved in so many areas since his FO year. That tells me he's actually working and a football player. You don't go from flash/potential to where he is without working hard.

He can throw guys open but could improve his eye manipulation and anticipation in terms of not staring down targets. Wants to put it on his shoulders to win every play but plays great within the structure. Executes his offense and plays the "game manager" part that is actually a great complement of a QB's play imo. That tells me his coaches trust him. He can handle running an RPO/RO scheme and just wants to win. He won't sell out his teammates to make plays.

Trevor Lawrence's best asset might be his ability to throw on the run. Particularly away from his dominant side. That's important. Defenses will try to trap you. Ridder's arm is is whip and can just do different things with it. Mobility and ability to throw on the run are huge.

He came on around 5'11/190 soaking wet. Hes a worker in all ways. Study's his film and others. Wants to learn. Vocal about football being a team sport. Wants to win and his college career reflects that. 30+ wins and I know wins aren't a QB stat but I'll use it here anyway. It does reflect well on his play, attitude and growth though. He's grown physically and matured big time. He's still a pup but again wants to learn and has shown big time growth in a short time.

He's a legit JR so he still has 2 good years to where he can improve, adjust and so on and still have a long career. He's not a finished product by any means. I think some teams will love him once the get close to him after the season.

He's been a binky of sorts for a few years even though I tell myself I have no more binkys.

Big time whip. + arm talent. Touches the pedal for easy gas. He can hit 55-60 air yards np. Plenty of velocity. Not consistent enough but at times he shows big time touch, accuracy and placement. Can really drop it in the bucket. Comparable to Justin Herbert, Jordan Love. You can do a lot with that type of arm. Really opens things up in terms of play calling.

He produced right out the gate as a true FO. 20/5 & 60+% followed up by 18/9 55% & comp 66% this year. Cinci resembles a NFL more than most college teams. Balanced. They ask him to play mistake free. Very few overall TO and turn it up when it matters the most. With his arm or legs.

He's a truck at 6'4/215. NFL size, looks & is an athlete. Has to learn to protect himself when he takes off but he has wheels. NFL speed will neutralize some of his big runs but no big deal. Hes still very much capable of ripping off 30+ chunks bc of his speed and big strides.

Has to improve deep accuracy, keep working on and improving his footwork and pocket awareness/presence. The last two aren't problems just he could improve and he has. He's improved in so many areas since his FO year. That tells me he's actually working and a football player. You don't go from flash/potential to where he is without working hard.

He can throw guys open but could improve his eye manipulation and anticipation in terms of not staring down targets. Wants to put it on his shoulders to win every play but plays great within the structure. Executes his offense and plays the "game manager" part that is actually a great complement of a QB's play imo. That tells me his coaches trust him. He can handle running an RPO/RO scheme and just wants to win. He won't sell out his teammates to make plays.

Trevor Lawrence's best asset might be his ability to throw on the run. Particularly away from his dominant side. That's important. Defenses will try to trap you. Ridder's arm is is whip and can just do different things with it. Mobility and ability to throw on the run are huge.

He came on around 5'11/190 soaking wet. Hes a worker in all ways. Study's his film and others. Wants to learn. Vocal about football being a team sport. Wants to win and his college career reflects that. 30+ wins and I know wins aren't a QB stat but I'll use it here anyway. It does reflect well on his play, attitude and growth though. He's grown physically and matured big time. He's still a pup but again wants to learn and has shown big time growth in a short time.

He's a legit JR so he still has 2 good years to where he can improve, adjust and so on and still have a long career. He's not a finished product by any means. I think some teams will love him once the get close to him after the season.

I like him a lot and have him going to us in the fourth round in my mock,

I would hope he stays in school next year and continues to develop, but if he comes out, we need to grab him.

what is not listed in your report are the tons of intangible he brings to the team, including being a winner. A lot of qb’s have size, arm strength and impressive credentials, but this kid is loaded with tons of intangibles that teams crave and make players winners.

I like him a lot and have him going to us in the fourth round in my mock,

I would hope he stays in school next year and continues to develop, but if he comes out, we need to grab him.

what is not listed in your report are the tons of intangible he brings to the team, including being a winner. A lot of qb’s have size, arm strength and impressive credentials, but this kid is loaded with tons of intangibles that teams crave and make players winners.
He's a lot closer to 2nd round. No way he last past 60 if he comes out.

From the post ...

Basically, Belichick is saying that he's sticking with Newton because he thinks Newton gives the team the best chance to win. I have to wonder, though, if that's in spite of the lack of talent at WR/TE/RB or because of it.

From the post ...
Thanks for following up on him, looks like potential for us, don't see BB using first rounder on QB barring an Aaron Rodgers fall.

From the post ...

maybe, but the tape shows more questionable decision making and inaccurate throws than, I hope, most teams are comfortable with.

I think most of the bad throws are from trying to do to much, which bb can fix.

I have a third round grade on lance and Wilson. I can’t grade ridder higher than those guys, the tape does not lie.

maybe, but the tape shows more questionable decision making and inaccurate throws than, I hope, most teams are comfortable with.

I have a third round grade on lance and Wilson. I can’t grade ridder higher than those guys, the tape does not lie.
I am curious to see how you graded other players. Do you have a big board excel or sth like a list?

I hear you but it's not only about film bc you're projecting. For example, Michael Thomas and D Hunter. Neither put up crazy numbers and were a lot more projection. If you were going off a film only grade each would you'd probably have them much lower than where they belong and lose out on those players. If you're going strictly film for example. Like Thomas had 100 catches in 3 years I believe but there was something there to where WR1/2 made sense.

Also show us the grades OJ. That's kinda what we're here for. I love checking out how people viewed the draft from years past. Very interesting I like that stuff.

As far as Ridder, you have to like the arm, mobility and size. Watch the Cincinnati vs UCF game from this year. Quite impressive. He’s not a beast statistically, but he’s saved his best games of the year have come in his last 2 games. Tough call where he gets drafted if he comes out this year. He’s a guy who is Uber talented. Stylistically he reminds me of Jordan Love, and Cole McDonald from last year’s draft.

I hear you but it's not only about film bc you're projecting. For example, Michael Thomas and D Hunter. Neither put up crazy numbers and were a lot more projection. If you were going off a film only grade each would you'd probably have them much lower than where they belong and lose out on those players. If you're going strictly film for example. Like Thomas had 100 catches in 3 years I believe but there was something there to where WR1/2 made sense.

Also show us the grades OJ. That's kinda what we're here for. I love checking out how people viewed the draft from years past. Very interesting I like that stuff.

I grade them based on what I see on film. I grade by position.

I use the pro day numbers to verify what the tape says.

what do you want to see?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back