PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 QB/PTP Thread

I read the short analysis from walterfootball of Jones. They have spoken with 5 nfl teams about Jones and 3 of those are giving him a fourth, one between two and three and the last one a second round grade. One said he is like Jake fromm with stronger arm. I can understand their points a bit with great weapos oline rungame and the histroy shows bama qb's aren't producing big time in the nfl. Interesting stuff that you have so many different opinions of him

Jake Fromm with a better arm sounds... great to me to spend a draft pick on

We should trade up for Wilson would hate to see him as a Jet.
I think the Jets best move is to trade the number 2 pick for a ransom like some team such as San Fran.

We should trade up for Wilson would hate to see him as a Jet.
I think the Jets best move is to trade the number 2 pick for a ransom like some team such as San Fran.

after Lawrence is off the board, who is on the board that someone would pay a king’s ransom for?

Well, Trask is completely off my list. He bit the big one against Oklahoma last night. I turned the game off after he ignored a wide open WR in the end zone to throw his 3rd pick of the first quarter to a well-covered wr. The 1st one was a really badly thrown pick-6 that he telegraphed.

Zach Wilson is totally my guy this year. But I fear we have no shot at him.

Last edited:
Well, Trask is completely off my list. He bit the big one against Oklahoma last night. I turned the game off after he ignored a wide open WR in the end zone to throw his 3rd pick of the first quarter to a well-covered wr. The 1st one was a really badly thrown pick-6 that he telegraphed.

Zach Wilson is totally my guy this year. But I fear we have no shot at him.

trask has great anticipation and limited arm strength.

Wilson is perfect in a vertical route scheme like San fran’s.

jones would work best in our system, but it takes him forever to get through his reads. He is not getting 5 plus seconds to throw in the pros, unless he is playing against us or the Titans.

The one thing he has going for the Patriots is his lack of size, which might turn off some teams. [Then again, one of those teams might be New England. . . .]
Zach Wilson is 6’3” 210. Doubt that would scare teams away.

Zach Wilson is 6’3” 210. Doubt that would scare teams away.
I've heard that 6'3" is on the same scale that said Edelman was 6'0".

Some people keep a Google doc or excel sheet to keep track of how they did. Good to look back on. See how well or not you did. I'm kinda surprised most don't have one just for personal purposes. I love looking back at old grades to see how I and others did. Too each their own though.

I enjoyed reading yours and how you had Mahomes and Russ Wilson graded lower than where they ended up being....

That definitely took a lot of work to compile...and my hat off to you, Sir!

So, Lawrence made it official that he's entering the draft. It's going to be interesting to see if the Jags take him or if he falls... My guess is that the Jags take him. Then the question will be whether or not the Jets go QB.

I read the quotes from Douglas the Jets GM. He basically said he thinks darnold is going to be a good qb in the league, he never said anything about him being a Jets qb,

it reminded me of bb saying holister would be a good player in the league.

I'd be happy with Jones. And frankly, I'm not all that impressed with Lawrence.
I watched Lawrence a lot (wife is a Clemson Alum) and I agree with you. He has some troubling habits that rear their heads when facing a heavy rush. He has never really been pushed. Everything has been handed to him. He walked in to one of the most talented rosters in college football.

So out of this crop, who will be the "steal" of the draft? Who's the guy you look back on and say, wow they just drafted a Russell Wilson or a Drew Brees in the mid-late 1st round?

So, Lawrence made it official that he's entering the draft. It's going to be interesting to see if the Jags take him or if he falls... My guess is that the Jags take him. Then the question will be whether or not the Jets go QB.
I think Jets will follow with Darnold and pick Sewell to pair him with Benton.

After BB took Dugger as early as he did I would not be surprised if he took Trey Lance at 15. They already ran an offense this year that would fit Lance's skill set. I do think it would take him a year on the bench to develop. We would need to get a filler for the year (Fitzpatrick?) unless BB gets someone like Stafford.

Anyone else think Lance could be a beast in this league?

Mond of Texas a&m declared for the draft.

Mond of Texas a&m declared for the draft.
Seen him play a couple of times against Alabama. Fairly mobile with a decent arm. Hard to really judge up against a Saban defence. Could be worth a look in a later round if we haven't already taken Jones, Lance or whoever.

After BB took Dugger as early as he did I would not be surprised if he took Trey Lance at 15. They already ran an offense this year that would fit Lance's skill set. I do think it would take him a year on the bench to develop. We would need to get a filler for the year (Fitzpatrick?) unless BB gets someone like Stafford.

Anyone else think Lance could be a beast in this league?
I like him a lot. I'd love to see Fitz tutor the kid for a year. Lance has some real physical gifts. A year with Fitz could do wonders for him imo.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back