PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 QB/PTP Thread

I grade them based on what I see on film. I grade by position.

I use the pro day numbers to verify what the tape says.

what do you want to see?
Do you keep track of your picks? Some type sheet?

track them how?

Generally speaking, if bb does not draft a prospect, then I pay no more attention to them.
Some people keep a Google doc or excel sheet to keep track of how they did. Good to look back on. See how well or not you did. I'm kinda surprised most don't have one just for personal purposes. I love looking back at old grades to see how I and others did. Too each their own though.

Nice analysis. I'd prefer taking a guy like Mac Jones after a half dozen QBs went, and developing the kid for a year.

Nice analysis. I'd prefer taking a guy like Mac Jones after a half dozen QBs went, and developing the kid for a year.

Mac Jones may go before Wilson & Trask. May be the 4th QB taken. Should be interesting. Wilson has a tough bowl game against UCF on Tuesday, should be interesting to see how he does. If he shines, he may move up a little.

A few weeks ago, I thought it would go like this, as far as the QB rankings for the draft: 1) Lawrence, 2) Fields, 3) Lance, 4) Wilson, 5) Trask, 6) Jones. But man, the way Jones played in the SEC championship, really helped him move up, if he wins the National championship, and dominates in that game, man, who knows.

I think, right now, it’s 1) Lawrence, 2) Fields, 3) Lance, 4) Jones, 5) Trask 6) Wilson. Have to say, I was not impressed with Fields in the Big 10 championship, he was saved by a great running game. And Trask could struggle with Pitts opting out from any bowl game Florida plays in.

I’m still high on Wilson, hoping he has a great Bowl game. And though it seems like a foregone conclusion he comes out for the 2021 draft, I wouldn’t be surprised if he pulls a Justin Herbert and comes back for his senior season.

Mac Jones may go before Wilson & Trask. May be the 4th QB taken. Should be interesting. Wilson has a tough bowl game against UCF on Tuesday, should be interesting to see how he does. If he shines, he may move up a little.

A few weeks ago, I thought it would go like this, as far as the QB rankings for the draft: 1) Lawrence, 2) Fields, 3) Lance, 4) Wilson, 5) Trask, 6) Jones. But man, the way Jones played in the SEC championship, really helped him move up, if he wins the National championship, and dominates in that game, man, who knows.

I think, right now, it’s 1) Lawrence, 2) Fields, 3) Lance, 4) Jones, 5) Trask 6) Wilson. Have to say, I was not impressed with Fields in the Big 10 championship, he was saved by a great running game. And Trask could struggle with Pitts opting out from any bowl game Florida plays in.

I’m still high on Wilson, hoping he has a great Bowl game. And though it seems like a foregone conclusion he comes out for the 2021 draft, I wouldn’t be surprised if he pulls a Justin Herbert and comes back for his senior season.

Yeah I've been all in on Mac since Sept. Unfortunately he's been playing his way way up in the draft rankings. I hope somehow Zach Wilson and Trask are drafted ahead of him so Mac falls to us

Yeah I've been all in on Mac since Sept. Unfortunately he's been playing his way way up in the draft rankings. I hope somehow Zach Wilson and Trask are drafted ahead of him so Mac falls to us

would you be shocked if jones went back to Alabama next season with waddle?

I know you’re not asking me, but I think if he wins the National Championship, I think he comes out. What else does he have to prove. Plus I think it’s almost 100% that Waddle will come out for the 2021 draft. They even said he might be available for the championship game, if they get there. So that would be another showcase for the draft.

How old is he ? I wouldn't be shocked.

How old is he ? I wouldn't be shocked.

one of the draftniks on the sports radio said that one of the biggest knocks against Jones is the lack of starts in college, and that if he came back next season, he could put himself in position to be second qb, after Howell, off the board!

then they talked about waddle coming back and securing a top 5 draft position!

I read the short analysis from walterfootball of Jones. They have spoken with 5 nfl teams about Jones and 3 of those are giving him a fourth, one between two and three and the last one a second round grade. One said he is like Jake fromm with stronger arm. I can understand their points a bit with great weapos oline rungame and the histroy shows bama qb's aren't producing big time in the nfl. Interesting stuff that you have so many different opinions of him

I read the short analysis from walterfootball of Jones. They have spoken with 5 nfl teams about Jones and 3 of those are giving him a fourth, one between two and three and the last one a second round grade. One said he is like Jake fromm with stronger arm. I can understand their points a bit with great weapos oline rungame and the histroy shows bama qb's aren't producing big time in the nfl. Interesting stuff that you have so many different opinions of him
I still have him as a second at best and below Trask

FWIW I absolutely loved Fromm

I still have him as a second at best and below Trask

FWIW I absolutely loved Fromm
I would agree with below trask but idk which round haven't graded him..this is a special year lot of one year guys so tape isn't a lot so i think need may play a bigger role this draft

Wilson's 1st half stats vs UCF in Boca Bowl

17/21 passing 330 yds 3 TDs
3 rushes 23 yds 2 TDs
1 reception 16 yds

1st half score BYU 35-10 UCF

No way in hell Zach Wilson falls to us.

I think he is QB2 now.
The one thing he has going for the Patriots is his lack of size, which might turn off some teams. [Then again, one of those teams might be New England. . . .]

The one thing he has going for the Patriots is his lack of size, which might turn off some teams. [Then again, one of those teams might be New England. . . .]
Eh. We saw the Keebler Elf get drafted number 1 overall two years ago. I think he’ll be fine.

No way in hell Zach Wilson falls to us.

I think he is QB2 now.
I would See him at Spot 2 as well at least competing with fields for spot 2 whom awareness scares me a bit
Lance on 4
Trask on 5
Jones on 6
Ridder on 7
How would you guys rank the others ?

I think the next two seasons will dictate how symbiotic bill and brady were to each others success. Tom by virtue of getting into playoff this year would have silenced critics that he is a system qb.

Belichicl started at a disadvantage this year. So has two seasons to see if we can resurrect the franchise once again for dynasty 3 which starts with a Qb. Only time will tell.

But one thing is for certain, Bill the GM for the last 5 years did not do any favors to Bill the coach and that is 50% the reason why we are in this position.
Let's not discount the fact that we had scar who helped the offensive line stay in great shape through solid coaching and getting veterans at discount due to brady and brady making average players look above average due to his superior quarterback play.

Now can we overcome this through coaching alone, probably not. We need talent and that means better drafting . Just like how you find diamonds in sixth round like onwenu we better find superstars in 1st and second. Belichick legacy is confirmed, I think what remains open ended is who is more responsible for the dynasty and to allow the debate to die, I hope both belichick and brady have their own independent successes to show for..

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back