PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 QB/PTP Thread

Luck was an outstanding prospect & NFL player. Other QB's would have folded & been out the league if they were put in his situation in Indy. No running game, OL, coaching, weapons weren't anything to speak of past TY. No Defense. He carried them to the playoffs and put up great #'s.

I think we get a few good ones this year. Then you have Slovis, Rattler, Howell, Daniels, kid from BC looks intriguing. I think these next two classes should produce a few goods ones. Then probably a little lull for a year or two.
I know he's having a poor year, but I'm personally a big Bo Nix fan in terms of being a pro-propsect

Luck was an outstanding prospect & NFL player. Other QB's would have folded & been out the league if they were put in his situation in Indy. No running game, OL, coaching, weapons weren't anything to speak of past TY. No Defense. He carried them to the playoffs and put up great #'s.

I think we get a few good ones this year. Then you have Slovis, Rattler, Howell, Daniels, kid from BC looks intriguing. I think these next two classes should produce a few goods ones. Then probably a little lull for a year or two.

i really like Howell. He throws an amazing ball. He reads defenses really well.

he almost beat Clemson last year.

I know he's having a poor year, but I'm personally a big Bo Nix fan in terms of being a pro-propsect
He's a interesting prospect. What's your take on him. He definitely needs a big landing spot? Big jump in consistency?

He's a interesting prospect. What's your take on him. He definitely needs a big landing spot? Big jump in consistency?
Has a long ways to go before he's Draft ready...Junior next year and Senior in two...He was so impressive last year in terms of poise, arm strength, mechanics (which seem to be poor in college always in general), and intangibles...Hopefully turns it around

Has a long ways to go before he's Draft ready...Junior next year and Senior in two...He was so impressive last year in terms of poise, arm strength, mechanics (which seem to be poor in college always in general), and intangibles...Hopefully turns it around

newton, stidham and nix, we would have a monopoly on auburn qb’s.

He needs a big jump in consistency. Some of that might be the fault of Gus Malpractice and his ridiculous offense, though. He just makes way too many stupid decisions with the football still that, right now, I cannot see him being a quality pro prospect. That’s subject to change, of course, as he continues to develop.

Watching SEC every week and impressed wit Mac Jones (Alabama) & Kyle Trask (Florida). I think either one would be good for Pats. My preference is Mac Jones.

Watching SEC every week and impressed wit Mac Jones (Alabama) & Kyle Trask (Florida). I think either one would be good for Pats. My preference is Mac Jones.
Agreed on both. Trask is actually on my small PTP list. Won't wow you and I question the pocket presence/mobility. Arm isn't great. But he can be efficient. Esp shprt/intermediate. Keeps things moving on time. Grinder, just goes play to play. Doesn't get too up/down. Quiet confidence. Some bad passes he won't get away with at the next level. Day two guys I think for most part.

If I were to tell you that a qb that played college qb for Michigan in the 90’s was still active and starting in the nfl today would anybody truly believe that?

The Pats MUST draft a QB early in the 2021 draft. Judging the Pats 2020 season so far, they may finish with a top 10 pick. They must wind up with one of the top 3 rated draftable QBs. Even if they have to trade up.

The Pats MUST draft a QB early in the 2021 draft. Judging the Pats 2020 season so far, they may finish with a top 10 pick. They must wind up with one of the top 3 rated draftable QBs. Even if they have to trade up.
As tempting as that is, look who some recent top 10 QBs have been

More likely to get a dud than a baller

As tempting as that is, look who some recent top 10 QBs have been

More likely to get a dud than a baller
2020 draft- Herbert looks great. Tua, I bet he tears it up. 2019 draft- Murray looks great. The others, I agree, Jones and other high drafted QBs look suspect, but it’s early. 2018- Allen looks good, Darnold is on the worst team and never had good offensive weapons. Rosen was a bust.

I always say about QBs, and really ANY offensive positions in any sport, sometimes it’s the situation you’re put in. Sometimes you get onto a bad team with bad coaching, they don’t have any clue on how to run an organization, and that ruins that prospect. I’m thinking about Darnold when I say this. Who’s Darnold’s weapons ? His offensive line is horrendous and gives him no time to throw.

Who here ever thought Tanneyhill would turn out to be a good QB after his horrendous situation and play on the Dolphins ? Who ever thought the Titans felt so good about him, they signed HIM when Tom Brady was out there, and had the $ to sign him, and most thought they were the front runner to sign him.

So sometimes, it’s not always 100% the player’s fault. I feel comfortable that Belichick and crew can coach up a highly rated draftable QB. I feel Darnold would be WAY better if he was taught by Belichick & co. Sometimes it’s indeed the situation.

I am not ready to give up on stidham,

he needs a real off season program and a real preseason schedule.

but most important, he needs to be surrounded by real nfl skill position players and not a bunch of garbage!

2020 draft- Herbert looks great. Tua, I bet he tears it up. 2019 draft- Murray looks great. The others, I agree, Jones and other high drafted QBs look suspect, but it’s early. 2018- Allen looks good, Darnold is on the worst team and never had good offensive weapons. Rosen was a bust.

I always say about QBs, and really ANY offensive positions in any sport, sometimes it’s the situation you’re put in. Sometimes you get onto a bad team with bad coaching, they don’t have any clue on how to run an organization, and that ruins that prospect. I’m thinking about Darnold when I say this. Who’s Darnold’s weapons ? His offensive line is horrendous and gives him no time to throw.

Who here ever thought Tanneyhill would turn out to be a good QB after his horrendous situation and play on the Dolphins ? Who ever thought the Titans felt so good about him, they signed HIM when Tom Brady was out there, and had the $ to sign him, and most thought they were the front runner to sign him.

So sometimes, it’s not always 100% the player’s fault. I feel comfortable that Belichick and crew can coach up a highly rated draftable QB. I feel Darnold would be WAY better if he was taught by Belichick & co. Sometimes it’s indeed the situation.
I agree fully, but going back further:
Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Mitch...Craps shoot
I am not ready to give up on stidham,

he needs a real off season program and a real preseason schedule.

but most important, he needs to be surrounded by real nfl skill position players and not a bunch of garbage!
I loved the Stidham pick and like him as a developmental QB, but he has a LONG ways to go...Arm talent is undeniable, but his decision making is very poor

The Murray pick for the cardinals was solid, the kid is solid, sure he is a bit short but he reminds me of Wilson the way he plays.
He will be a very good player, plus the Cardinals as a team look very solid.

I am not sure if I want McDaniels here anymore, he hasn’t done much in the last two years, it could be other coaches fault for not properly developing some of these players on offense.

I think we need a new offense coordinator along new guys on offense.

The Murray pick for the cardinals was solid, the kid is solid, sure he is a bit short but he reminds me of Wilson the way he plays.
He will be a very good player, plus the Cardinals as a team look very solid.

I am not sure if I want McDaniels here anymore, he hasn’t done much in the last two years, it could be other coaches fault for not properly developing some of these players on offense.

I think we need a new offense coordinator along new guys on offense.
While I recognize JMcD as one of the best OCs in the game and still want him around, I said last year how, despite our lack of talent, that McD didn't max out that O...We're seeing that again in '20

I agree fully, but going back further:
Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Mitch...Craps shoot

I loved the Stidham pick and like him as a developmental QB, but he has a LONG ways to go...Arm talent is undeniable, but his decision making is very poor

another consideration for stidham is the coaching turnover we had and the fact that he is working with the new guy. Seems qb’s are always better in year two under the new guy.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back