PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

Who said anything about given up a lot of picks for Waddle? It would be a 3rd, logic tells us Bill isn't spending high picks on a WR a few spots away. If it's Waddle its most likely after NYG at 11 & on so again no a lot. QB's are a different story. Each year, prospect, deal is a little different.
I thought the poster I was responding to was quoting a draft prognosticator who was indicating BB might do that which we agree he would not.

I would love to see Horn brought in as the heir apparent to Gilmore.

I'd love to see Brandin Echols brought in as a Slater understudy.. Kid doesn't just have 40 speed. He has GAME speed with PLENTY to spare.
It's going to suck losing Slater. He may be the best the Pats ever had at that spot. This is likely his last year. Enjoy!
It's quite possible BB drafts his replacement somewhere in round 6/7 and maybe spends the year on the practice squad but not if he's really good in camp.

1. Jags- Lawrence
2. Jets- Wilson
3. 49ers- Lance
4. Atl- Pitts
5. Bengals- Sewell
6. Miami- Chase
7. NEP- Fields
8. Panthers- Slater
9. Broncos- Parsons
10. Cowboys- Surtain

what would you guys change? I'm doing a mock with a buddy

I'd be surprised if either UNC kid is chosen tonight.

Williams might sneak in at the end of round one. I really like watching him play. He's got a little bit of Marshawn Lynch in him. He's a really solid second round pick. For one of the teams picking in the final third of the first round, 5 years of top-tier, cost-controlled running back performance is pretty appealing.

1. Jags- Lawrence
2. Jets- Wilson
3. 49ers- Lance
4. Atl- Pitts
5. Bengals- Sewell
6. Miami- Chase
7. NEP- Fields
8. Panthers- Slater
9. Broncos- Parsons
10. Cowboys- Surtain

what would you guys change? I'm doing a mock with a buddy

Depending on the price paid for it, maybe #7...

Williams might sneak in at the end of round one. I really like watching him play. He's got a little bit of Marshawn Lynch in him. He's a really solid second round pick. For one of the teams picking in the final third of the first round, 5 years of top-tier, cost-controlled running back performance is pretty appealing.

Kinda like what we shoulda had here with Nick Chubb...

Player evaluation isn't for everyone. Gruden has been awful at almost every stop in this regard imo. Sometimes I feel like some coaches have blinders on. They're so strict in terms of what they want. Only seen it done certain ways. Have a hard time changing.
It's like couples who never thought they would end up together. A good scout is a good matchmaker and knows what you need, what works. Mayock is obviously taking an L here as well.
They're still a mess and no better off after dealing Mack for a haul. Mediocre-bad drafts.
Again player evaluation isn't for everyone. You can be the smartest X & O guy in the room. That really doesn't matter a whole lot after a certain point tbh. You could grow up in and around the game, have a great understanding of what it takes, what works and only that goes so far. Vice versa, some scouts could never hack it as coaches. There's levels to everything.

It's one thing to have a few favorites but grading 100-300 prospects every year is maddening. And then breaking that down into the perfect fits for your team doesn't make it any easier.

I'm a big Cleveland fan. Think he graded out IOL5 or 6 for me. Perfect Raven fit.

Some open discussion and background on who/why.

He's also a dude
IMG_20210501_024747.jpgIMG_20210501_024842.jpg

Player evaluation isn't for everyone. Gruden has been awful at almost every stop in this regard imo. Sometimes I feel like some coaches have blinders on. They're so strict in terms of what they want. Only seen it done certain ways. Have a hard time changing.
It's like couples who never thought they would end up together. A good scout is a good matchmaker and knows what you need, what works. Mayock is obviously taking an L here as well.
They're still a mess and no better off after dealing Mack for a haul. Mediocre-bad drafts.
Again player evaluation isn't for everyone. You can be the smartest X & O guy in the room. That really doesn't matter a whole lot after a certain point tbh. You could grow up in and around the game, have a great understanding of what it takes, what works and only that goes so far. Vice versa, some scouts could never hack it as coaches. There's levels to everything.

It's one thing to have a few favorites but grading 100-300 prospects every year is maddening. And then breaking that down into the perfect fits for your team doesn't make it any easier.

I can't believe that the League allowed these feckin Clowns - ownership, FO & HC - to plant their flag in the Las Vegas market...A couple more of these type of drafts and they'll kill this place too...

I can't believe that the League allowed these feckin Clowns - ownership, FO & HC - to plant their flag in the Las Vegas market...A couple more of these type of drafts and they'll kill this place too...
If they're not a playoff team this year People should start asking questions. It's been bad and worse, that doesn't warrant an extension or patience. They're on the hot seat for sure. They traded a HOF player for a RB, one dimensional S (who i really like) and a guy switching original positions in Ferrell. They had like 10 sacks and 20 pressures last year.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back