PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

Pats are going to have to give up at least 3 first-rounders to move up from 15 to 4...that's a steep price

Silent Bob Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Swap Jones with Lance and where can i sign it ?

That account tends to parrot what other pundits are saying, but without citing who those pundits are, which is the frustrating part.

Edit - that rumor account might be going off the mocks that were shared in this article 7 hours ago, which had three examples of the Pats trading up to take a guy (Waddle at 13, Mac at 10, and Fields at 10). Nobody knows what the Pats are doing.

Last edited:
unless the reportedly reported rumour comes from Nike (the dog) im not buying it
That account tends to parrot what other pundits are saying, but without citing who those pundits are, which is the frustrating part.

Edit - that rumor account might be going off the mocks that were shared in this article 7 hours ago, which had three examples of the Pats trading up to take a guy (Waddle at 13, Mac at 10, and Fields at 10). Nobody knows what the Pats are doing.

I just want the things I want to come true.

Pats are going to have to give up at least 3 first-rounders to move up from 15 to 4...that's a steep price
well, you really "give up" 2 firsts because you get one back and take a QB with that first.

Yeah, so like BB giving up a lot of draft picks to move up for a wide receiver.
Depends on who the source is. For example, Phil Perry had the Pats trading their 15 and 96 to move up to 13 to take Waddle. Which sounds cool until you realize he has them skipping Trey Lance, who falls all the way to 18 (with the Bears trading for the pick). I’m fine with going after Waddle, but not at the expense of getting a guy like Lance.

Depends on who the source is. For example, Phil Perry had the Pats trading their 15 and 96 to move up to 13 to take Waddle. Which sounds cool until you realize he has them skipping Trey Lance, who falls all the way to 18 (with the Bears trading for the pick). I’m fine with going after Waddle, but not at the expense of getting a guy like Lance.

Yea, I think it's woudl be great go give up a late 3rd or 4th to gt a WR like Waddle. But that's a small jump up and not a lot to give up.

The Pats don't "have to" do anything of the sort. This is Casserly zone speculation...thanx for the laugh though

The Pats don't "have to" do anything of the sort. This is Casserly zone speculation...thanx for the laugh though

"Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist, he has no relationship to this team. I'd say less than zero. Based on what? He's never at a practice, never at a game. ... At least he put his name on it, which is more than a lot of guys. But, like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong."

Hey @BaconGrundleCandy what are your thoughts about brady christensen playing tackle at the next level? He has 32 1/4 arms. Is he gonna be converted to a guard?

LOL, now he has COVID, which pretty much gaurantees he is the Pats pick at 15!

He has avoided the embarrassment of being one of the 13 invited players, and waiting alone for round after round.

Yeah, so like BB giving up a lot of draft picks to move up for a wide receiver.
Yea, I think it's woudl be great go give up a late 3rd or 4th to gt a WR like Waddle. But that's a small jump up and not a lot to give up.
Who said anything about given up a lot of picks for Waddle? It would be a 3rd, logic tells us Bill isn't spending high picks on a WR a few spots away. If it's Waddle its most likely after NYG at 11 & on so again no a lot. QB's are a different story. Each year, prospect, deal is a little different.

Hey @BaconGrundleCandy what are your thoughts about brady christensen playing tackle at the next level? He has 32 1/4 arms. Is he gonna be converted to a guard?
I like him up it'll be an uphill climb at tackle. I definitely think most will try him there but he's an obvious option to kick inside. Not just bc of his arm length. I saw a good athlete but not as good as he tested. Great footwork but his change of direction, ability to recover isn't great. Staying with better athletes off the edge might be a real problem, esp ones that can redirect inside. He can mirror a little but I'm not liking the odds against top tier talent. Love his toughness though. He's athletic enough to get off the line and move a little. All those guys from BYU are tough as hell.

Just for fun ...

Someone brought this up the other day but again for fun.

Fields lands at 15 ... Baltimore calls. Offers Jackson + 27 for Fields. They don't want to pay him, think Fields is better, no matter the reason. Jackson is 24 fwiw.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back