PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

So last night I'm trying to get my head around everything. Just a whirlwind. But I kept coming back to one thing and the Henry signing just confirms it. Not that I wasn't for it or suggesting but go get a QB in the draft.
I've mentioned how I think Newton would be great mentor for Lance and that fit or feeling hasn't changed. Bring in a decent vertical threat, slot that can get open at the top of his route, we now have the best TE duo in the game and are another WR or two from being loaded (more on that in a minute)

Trade 15 + 97 + 109 - 2022 1st & 2nd & 4th for Lance or Wilson or Fields. I'm a happy guy with any.

Sorry, BGC, I don't understand this post.

What do you think it would take to trade up to get Lance/Wilson/Fields? What pick would they have to get to? Is that all the top picks for both 2021 and 2022?

(My hunch: you're going to have a lot of teams trying to get into the market for the Top-4 QBs. I wouldn't even be surprised if all of the top 4 picks were used on QBs -- the Jets taking a QB and Miami and Atlanta trading out to QB-needy teams. I think it's going to be VERY expensive.)

I'd be happy with Fields or Lance. Honestly, I'm a little worried about Wilson. I'm talking about the personality stuff.

This surprises me a bit since a lot worried about Jones playing in Bama with talent everywhere and then he played well according to reports at the Senior Bowl with new offense and players. Did not think that actual NFL Scouts have a opposite opinion here as Draft Experts

Sorry, BGC, I don't understand this post.

What do you think it would take to trade up to get Lance/Wilson/Fields? What pick would they have to get to? Is that all the top picks for both 2021 and 2022?

(My hunch: you're going to have a lot of teams trying to get into the market for the Top-4 QBs. I wouldn't even be surprised if all of the top 4 picks were used on QBs -- the Jets taking a QB and Miami and Atlanta trading out to QB-needy teams. I think it's going to be VERY expensive.)
Jete & Atl are the big players.

Not all our picks but a good chunk. I think we could get up to 6 overall for 15 + 46 + 2022 1st, 2nd, 3rd. It's a lot but we're talking a big jump for a QB. Ideally Denver gets their situation cleared up too.

This surprises me a bit since a lot worried about Jones playing in Bama with talent everywhere and then he played well according to reports at the Senior Bowl with new offense and players. Did not think that actual NFL Scouts have a opposite opinion here as Draft Experts
Honestly I heard mixed reviews about him at the SR Bowl. Big media was all over while smaller guys that don't write or have a big following had a different take. I already had similar concerns though so I didn't kill him for it.

Honestly I heard mixed reviews about him at the SR Bowl. Big media was all over while smaller guys that don't write or have a big following had a different take. I already had similar concerns though so I didn't kill him for it.
Well this makes me even hope more that we don't select him in the first.

Well this makes me even hope more that we don't select him in the first.
It's really nothing new imo. Basically if he's not in rhythm/concert with his scheme he slows down a little. Footwork, release isn't as fast. It's just most of the media isn't breaking from their narrative.

Also ... @KontradictioN found it. I asked like 3 times but crickets. I'm 100% sure I already posted this before. Most 1st reads are open in college. I have PFF but this might have come from an article or we. Not sure this is one of their grades or stats. Maybe someone else can look while I nap. I only use PFF for a few things so not entirely sure.

It's really nothing new imo. Basically if he's not in rhythm/concert with his scheme he slows down a little. Footwork, release isn't as fast. It's just most of the media isn't breaking from their narrative.

Also ... @KontradictioN found it. I asked like 3 times but crickets. I'm 100% sure I already posted this before. Most 1st reads are open in college. I have PFF but this might have come from an article or we. Not sure this is one of their grades or stats. Maybe someone else can look while I nap. I only use PFF for a few things so not entirely sure.

I expected that, I would do the same if i could throw to Devonta Smith against college DB in a great offense like Bama where they can scheme up things easy

When it comes to QBs you really have to go for the one you believe in and not wait for someone many people like to drop to you.

I don't ever want to see a Tony Eason situation again.

Keep in mind that PFF’s criteria and scoring has always been... shall we say... sketchy at best. But still, interesting to see.

Jete & Atl are the big players.

Not all our picks but a good chunk. I think we could get up to 6 overall for 15 + 46 + 2022 1st, 2nd, 3rd. It's a lot but we're talking a big jump for a QB. Ideally Denver gets their situation cleared up too.

OK! 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd. That's a lot of picks, but if it's for THE GUY then I'm OK with it. I'm wondering if Gilmore is part of the equation. But I guess we're going to find out in the next six weeks.

Now that Butler is gone ... There are a lot of these 290-310 types that can get after the passer

That 40 tho lol

Last edited:
Now that Butler is gone ... There are a lot of these 290-310 types that can get after the passer

I like twyman as a mid to late rd. option. I remember asking about him at beginning of college season i think. Seems like he added a bit weight. Saw him at around 290 most times. We badly need another third down interior rusher

This is my C of the future, David Moore from Grambling State. He played LG in college but was voted OL of the week at the Senior Bowl as a C. Short, thick and powerful, he’s gotten some Shaq Mason comparisons because of his combination of size, power and movement skills. If you want a C that can take on NT’s 1 on 1 and also get out in space than this is your guy. He has the best anchor of any interior OL in the draft and would be a perfect fit between Onwenu and Shaw Mason

This is my C of the future, David Moore from Grambling State. He played LG in college but was voted OL of the week at the Senior Bowl as a C. Short, thick and powerful, he’s gotten some Shaq Mason comparisons because of his combination of size, power and movement skills. If you want a C that can take on NT’s 1 on 1 and also get out in space than this is your guy. He has the best anchor of any interior OL in the draft and would be a perfect fit between Onwenu and Shaw Mason

Him, Humphrey, Morrissey, Meinerz all tested out well in terms of fits for us. Humphrey & Morrissey are more familiar with calls at the line. I love Moore though. Heard the Shaq comps I see a little Hudson in him. His movements are stealthy at his weight. I would not want to be in front of him. Interesting C class.

I wanted Long badly for the Patriots - but clearly they're a bit stuffed at that spot now.

Really excited to see Jurkovec's improvement year over year for BC. Zay Flowers is a very explosive WR - would love to see him stay healthy and get a lot of balls this year.
They're both gonna be hot names this year. Jurkovec was dynamite last year. On the move, out of the pocket, vs pressure. He was really good.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back