PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

I think Myers has a shot at 3/4 rd. Don't know if I would use the ressource there for him, if we really like him and view him as potential starter I'd be ok with it but that's the rd. where I would like to see us go for Shelvin aggressive
menet should/could be available with one of the last 2 picks, no?

menet should/could be available with one of the last 2 picks, no?
Agree. I think I'd hope get him 5/6 rd somewhere. Wouldn't mind to use our sixth for him if we like him. Early fifth idk depends who is available.

I've had my eye on Menet for a minute now. He really fits what a lot of teams do today. Really improved on his run blocking and anchor from the year before. Both technique and strength. Hips, feet then hands. Good placement. When he plays with proper technique, keeps it in a phonebooth he can keep his control and generate enough torque to turn and move guys. Always poised and steady. Experienced climbing and setting clean, tight blocks for years.

Feet arent the quickest laterally. Shows up on the line and at the 2nd level if he doesn't get his hands on you.

Won't drive many big boys back. Angle blocks, slip and dip to 2nd level at times do what he good don't put him in bad spots.

Team captain that is mature and has his head on straight. Hard worker that didn't have anything come easy for him.

I hope if we resign Thuney f.e. and let him play center we draft one later on to compete for Backup C with Ferentz and may develop into a future starter. I can think next to menet of Jackson Morrisey etc.. as late rd. prospects there or do you have sth different in mind?

Drew Dalman & McCollum

Maybe K Green & Myers?

Yeah I would love to sign Menet as a UDFA if he's available...Don't know if we have enough picks now for an OL double-dip; otherwise I wouldn't object to spending a late 6th/7th on him...Morrissey & especially McCollum would also be great UDFA signings...

Paye, Basham Turner off the board now?
Maybe drop Paye at 15 to a 2nd or late round one depending on how I do the board. Which I'm good with but I'll list the others on my board bc of value will be there for Weaver, Turner, Sample, etc after round one.

If HT is healthy and hungry this group has some potential - Wino, Uche, Judon, HT, Wise ... I wouldn't mind adding one or two for. Maybe someone like Ossai? Hes got experience playing on the los and off the ball.

Also remember ...

Some notes and stuff on Twyman. Hes kind of maxed in terms of size but if he develops just slightly overall and works on his body you could have an impact 3 down player in 2-3 years but a solid contributor right away.
Part of a really nasty line at Pitt, he really stood out. On stunts, looks like a nice disruptor in the middle (1 or 3 - maybe 0 on passing downs?). Held his own in the run game and flashed in the pass game. He has to keep working but offers some things that are valued today and displayed more than a few traits in both the run & pass game. Not for everyone bc of limitations. Limited amount of games.

+ footwork, hands are sweet & advanced but it's his footwork that gets the big man W's. His euro-step, ability to move laterally, put consistent clean efficient steps together overcome the lack of burst. It's consistently showing up in both the pass and run game

Here you'll see him show off the "Aaron Donald" cross chop/club - sometimes he'll use a club/swim and then time it up with a euro-step. Pretty sweet. Obviously learned it from Donald (who went to Pitt) who was taught by Robert Quinn. It's the footwork that wins though. Ability to cross face. You can see use the club variations with the euro here ...

Better view of this rush. Chops and pins with a cross to clear that side, soften up that side.

Not the most explosive guy but Twyman also does a great job establishing and rushing 1/2 man and can do this.

Again tough to see but proper footwork

Swim move is a go-to.

Probably strictly 1/3T.

Has trouble at poa at times bc he won't try to reset, engage quick enough.

Has trouble with coming off combos.

Not the most explosive prospect, times up rush + steps very well but at times he's just not quick enough from snap to snap for 60. Maybe on a snap count at first?

Can't put on weight and isn't getting taller. Kind of maxed out in terms of size. Some wiggle and giggle room but mainly putting on good muscle rather than more weight.

Needs to develop more moves. Would like to see him develop more power stuff.

Really like his ability to cross face, work laterally down the line and keep his eyes on the target while hes rushing or defending the run.

+ hands & footwork. Juice might not be there naturally but he's a + player in many ways. Big time motor. Displays nice balance and play strength. Can hold up on doubles and work to the ball. Plays with good pad level.

Good processing and recognition. Guess at times but seemed to have a good understanding of what was coming at him in terms of run/pass, what type of block. That whole DL seemed coached up pretty well.

So last night I'm trying to get my head around everything. Just a whirlwind. But I kept coming back to one thing and the Henry signing just confirms it. Not that I wasn't for it or suggesting but go get a QB in the draft.
I've mentioned how I think Newton would be great mentor for Lance and that fit or feeling hasn't changed. Bring in a decent vertical threat, slot that can get open at the top of his route, we now have the best TE duo in the game and are another WR or two from being loaded (more on that in a minute)

Trade 15 + 97 + 109 - 2022 1st & 2nd & 4th for Lance or Wilson or Fields. I'm a happy guy with any.

Use our 2nd on the BPA OL or WR. Maybe E Moore but if not how about St Brown who aligns everywhere, tough, can block and good hands. Maybe Atwell, Eskridge, Brown to help stretch the field more vertically while the TE, KB, Meyers work horizontally and the flat/curl/sidelines.

Go WR /OL the next two picks and just soldifiy this offense. This probably won't come out this way so ill screen shot it but maybe something like this

Wynn - Onwenu - C - Shaq - Brown Henry
NA
St Brown/Atwell/Moore KB/JM
Smith
Cam-Lance
Harris
Screenshot_2021-03-16-11-05-52~2.png
Go get the young QB. We have the line. Targets are one or two guys away from being a nightmare to defend. Especially if Asiasi steps up with Smith's versatility. You have a pretty good deep threat. Pretty decent slot and chain movers in KB & Meyers. Go get your QB and solidify the offense with WR/OL after.

The level of detail by BGC is gonna make my head explode, always amazed by the "Draftniks" and their level of knowledge about all of these potential draft picks....

Great work.

Hunter Long might be a little redundant but the value might be there and would absolutely push for TE3/4 this year imo. How about Jurkovec though. Next year's QB class could be sweet.

Pro Wells

Jack Stoll

Kylen Granson

Very good all around player that didn't get snaps bc of depth chart and health. Big time potential in coverage, + range & quicks even after injury.

Hunter Long might be a little redundant but the value might be there and would absolutely push for TE3/4 this year imo. How about Jurkovec though. Next year's QB class could be sweet.
I wanted Long badly for the Patriots - but clearly they're a bit stuffed at that spot now.

Really excited to see Jurkovec's improvement year over year for BC. Zay Flowers is a very explosive WR - would love to see him stay healthy and get a lot of balls this year.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back