PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

The big problem is guys go too fast. That drill is all about efficiency. Any wasted steps or slips and you're done so it's better to go 90 mph instead of 100 imo for that very reason. One reason you can't live off these drills. Guys Will practice it over and over to get good times doing stuff you'll never do on the field.

Like the 40. All of a sudden players are taught to run like sprinters bc that'll get them the fast time. Doing that you're bending over and almost looking at the ground slowly standing up as you accelerate. You'll never drop your eyes in a game or pay the price if you do.
Yeah this makes Sense. The guys opted out probably can produce good number on these drills. I Wonder how they practice during the year. I remember epenesa looking not good at the combine but quit fast in the games. So there is a difference between speed and actual game speed as you mentioned. But it gives a good impression for teams to see how Athletic this Player can be, cause every dude is practicing the same stuff so if one DE runs and moves faster than another at the same size it implies to me that this dude is more Athletic or trained harder idk. Of course it Depends on the position as you said the NT class won't be running 40 yards a lot on gameday.

Yeah this makes Sense. The guys opted out probably can produce good number on these drills. I Wonder how they practice during the year.
Even the guys that don't opt out. Once the season ends and they're declaring they'll go train like crazy. There are a ton of training facilities that specialize in training, nutrition, specific movement skills (GOATA, Brady and countless others have used them) and other stuff to prepare.
I remember epenesa looking not good at the combine but quit fast in the games. So there is a difference between speed and actual game speed as you mentioned. But it gives a good impression for teams to see how Athletic this Player can be, cause every dude is practicing the same stuff so if one DE runs and moves faster than another at the same size it implies to me that this dude is more Athletic or trained harder idk. Of course it Depends on the position as you said the NT class won't be running 40 yards a lot on gameday.
You want to see prospects hit baselines for certain drills. Not a deal breaker if they don't but it's cause for concern in most cases. Some matter more - mostly short area stuff, (3C, Shuttles and 40) but the more the better when it comes to that stuff imo.

I've always said you want to see consistent tape + traits that translate + athletic testing = success more times than not imo.

Been getting top 75 buzz for months. Possibly kicking him inside to guard. All I want to do is draft OL. Play 7 at a time.

Depending of course on what happens with Thuney & Andrews, C/G could be a huge need for us during the draft...I would love to acquire somebody with LG athleticism who also has experience at Center, if for no other reason than to ensure that the rancid stench of Thanksdad Ferentz never infects the Pats locker room ever EVAH again...

I think he could help us?
Didn't Waddle break his ankle? How do you take him high in the 1st round with a broken ankle? Pulled quad OK, but doesn't a broken ankle need to be healed first and confirmed before deserving a Top 10 pick?

Last edited:
Didn't Waddle break his ankle? How do you take a high in the 1st round with a broken ankle? Pulled quad OK, but doesn't a broken ankle need to be healed first and confirmed before deserving a Top 10 pick?
Considering that he healed and played in the National Championship, I don't think the ankle is an issue.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back