PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

The espn article up top suggests mac jones as a fit. Supposedly cerebral, has pocket presence, gets the ball out quick. Limited physical gifts. And obviously has big game experience. Sounds like brady to a T coming out of college. Is 15 too high to take him, where is his stock now after the title game?

The espn article up top suggests mac jones as a fit. Supposedly cerebral, has pocket presence, gets the ball out quick. Limited physical gifts. And obviously has big game experience. Sounds like brady to a T coming out of college. Is 15 too high to take him, where is his stock now after the title game?
if he can give the pats half of what brady did, than 15 is a value pick to get him...

I mean half of what brady did would be an additional 3 rings, so I'll take that with pick 15 :cool:
(if by any means you would be able to see the future)

Such a complete back. Also if I was a prospect I would never listen to NFL draft board. Notorious for being conservative.

I remember waiting for this guy to explode a few years ago. I could see a QB falling in love with him or maybe a OC bc of his usage. Mostly a slot guy but bc of his experience in the backfield you could use his back there, motion to combat a blitz/pass rush. I just hope KC doesn't get him.

Last edited:
Great read

Oh no ... If we really want a QB and Lance/Wilson are there at 8 we need to swap with Detroit and throw them a 1st and 2nd next year. For the record I really like Jones just not at 15. Hes a Jimmy G type where you need a great cast, defense, scheme/running game to make it work. You can win with them but they're not carrying you or making anyone better. He's a round 2 QB not top 15.

Jesus, doesn't Bill have a few favors he can call in this year?

SR Bowl always plays a big part in teams decisions. If Jones looks like a stud with a new cast, different OL he could really quiet some guys (me)

Last edited:
After the failed Cam Newton experiment, I think we need to start from scratch and pick a qb that we can develop starting in his rookie year. BB has passed on taking a quarterback the last few years. The main challenge is that we have the 15th pick and unless Zach Wilson or Justin Fields falls lower than expected, we aren't taking them at 15 overall. If Wilson is drafted by the falcons at 4 and Fields is drafted by the Jets, we might as well pick a non QB like a Waddle at 15 and wait until the 2nd to pick someone like Kyle Trask or Mac Jones.

If Wilson or fields falls out of the top 5, that would be a good chance to trade up from 15. We really need a good passer.

After the failed Cam Newton experiment, I think we need to start from scratch and pick a qb that we can develop starting in his rookie year. BB has passed on taking a quarterback the last few years. The main challenge is that we have the 15th pick and unless Zach Wilson or Justin Fields falls lower than expected, we aren't taking them at 15 overall. If Wilson is drafted by the falcons at 4 and Fields is drafted by the Jets, we might as well pick a non QB like a Waddle at 15 and wait until the 2nd to pick someone like Kyle Trask or Mac Jones.

If Wilson or fields falls out of the top 5, that would be a good chance to trade up from 15. We really need a good passer.
I do think it was an experiment of sorts. That's why I think Lance is an option if he's available at 8 (Det) or 15. We should be on the phone with Detroit if he is (2022 1st & 2nd)

Find his Daboll, Roman etc Sit him for the year and build the team up. Lance has his flaws but upside is as good as anyone in the class not named Lawrence. This is why I'm losing my mind with the Jones pick. Don't people know what a first round guy looks like? If I'm spending a first it's not on a guy with limited upside, you know needs a lot to succeed ... Vs Lance, a guy with a multidimensional skill set, big ceiling, enormous arm and size.

At 46 I'd go Toney, Marshall, R Moore, St. Brown or possibly Michael Carter. That would give a legit offensive piece to put a dent in the rebuild.

Toney is a human joystick (believe I actually mentioned that to kontra 2 years ago)
Marshall could be our slot.
Moore do-it-all into slot/Z.
Brown is a great r/r, sudden plays a little bigger than size.
Carter is a great complement to Harris. I would envision a 12-18 touch share between them if we're playing bully ball with Lance.

Who knows in the third, would have to see the names on the board, we could go any position tbh. I'd be very happy with those first two selections though.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back