PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

Both BB and McDaniels at the Alabama pro day. Intriguing.

Fields ran a 4.44 unofficial over at Ohio State. He's like a young Newton, but faster. Exciting player.

We're about a month out, and I still have no idea how this one is going to go. Last year, I was sure that we would trade down and take a safety, double up at TE, etc, and more or less had a good feel for what made sense in terms of team composition and available talent. This year I keep flip-flopping between scenarios. Maybe we'll get a clearer picture closer to the day, but the murkiness is entertaining even if I prefer certainty.
Dito,
i see 3 scenarios:
1- Trade up for a QB or playmaker like WR
2- stay at 15 if BB thinks either a blue chip player felt down or he is higher on a guy like horn paye darrisaw idk.
3- trade down to grab a Collins/AVT/Phillips type of player or even Horn etc. idk.

Could be anything for me.

I have my doubts Bill takes Parsons as he has some character issues. I quickly read something about a fight with a knife drawn and a former coach telling him not to report it to the police.

View attachment 31771

Other than Mac Jones falling to #15 (seems very unlikely depending on which mock/player rankings you follow), this draft seems like it could be a realistic outcome

Only guy i really didnt know well was Quincy Roche, but was rated highest edge rusher that was on board. If i could do it over I would probably change that pick, but i like all the other picks

[USER=37612]@BaconGrundleCandy[/USER] will you be releasing a positional ranking list out of curiousity?

Sometimes I see Baron Browning going in like Round 5, and other drafts i see him going in rounds 1-2. Alim McNeil goes in rounds 2 - 4ish, etc.. Really tough to understand exactly where some of these players will actually be available in the draft.

I think BB will trade up into round 3
100% very soon. My work has slowed down so I have some time. Defense should be done by tonight and I'll post it right after. It looks a lot different.

In the mid rounds ? I always saw him as a good run stopper at the middle of their line but extrem late in most big boards around rd. 7 maybe late 6.
You think he can be a two gapper here?

2nd might be a little rich but I like him & the BYU kid for that role mid rounds
Animal House Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

In the mid rounds ? I always saw him as a good run stopper at the middle of their line but extrem late in most big boards around rd. 7 maybe late 6.
You think he can be a two gapper here?
I like them eariler, 3-5.

This kid will be working for a team, college/pro. If he keeps it up and actually wants to. I could see him not wanting to get into that business. Very smart & articulate.

I thought Shanahan wanted to get a QB that would give him more offensive options than he has with JG. More mobile, more of a run threat. What does Jones give him that's so different than what he has already?

Jones is a throwing machine in terms of accuracy and processes reads incredibly quick. That makes him a really good fit for the west coast style offense that Shanahan runs. Jones is also arguably the most polished of the remaining expected trio of Jones/Fields/Lance. If you're moving that far up it makes sense to select a QB you feel can be ready to start sooner than later. It makes a lot of sense after the fact though of course nobody predicted this move coming.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back