PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

@BaconGrundleCandy do you think BB might Pull the trigger if one of the top 3 WR falls to 10-13 range? We have a lot of picks and could give 15 plus mid rd. picks.

@BaconGrundleCandy do you think BB might Pull the trigger if one of the top 3 WR falls to 10-13 range? We have a lot of picks and could give 15 plus mid rd. picks.
I would have np giving up a 3 for one of them or Pitts. I've been if the mindset that it's crazy talk if Smith, Chase et going top 5 this year. Too high & they're not going > QB's so it looks like that's shaping up some. JJ, Jefferson, Lamb all fell out the top 10 and went after Ruggs. So I'm playing the odds a little here but I think there's a decent chance 1 of 3 are there. Maybe 20-25%. But yea I would trade up a few spots for Pitts or Chase, Waddle, Smith. Why not. Again sort of finishing off the pass catching corp. Each brings something we don't already have.

I'm bringing up the % bc I think there's a good chance Bill will play the odds with 15. Get a QB, 1 of 7-10 really good prospects or trade out. We're pretty flexible rn to where we don't absolutely need anything besides top 10-12 QB.

This X's 100000 spread across all positions, scheme ...

I've made this point and I think @reamer has as well?
Anyway if you watched him, you know.
Lots of short/yac, manipulated touches, PA for a guy who's billed as a pure drop back passer. Steve Sark got paid & is getting Jones paid bc of that system & athletes around him. Mac is a good prospect but top 10 is absolutely insane. It's amazing what an Alabama uniform & some media hype will do. Pick your sources & draft analysis selectively.

I've made this point and I think @reamer has as well?
Anyway if you watched him, you know.
Lots of short/yac, manipulated touches, PA for a guy who's billed as a pure drop back passer. Steve Sark got paid & is getting Jones paid bc of that system & athletes around him. Mac is a good prospect but top 10 is absolutely insane. It's amazing what an Alabama uniform & some media hype will do. Pick your sources & draft analysis selectively.

I don't remember where i Said it but it was sth like the bama offense is built for a qb to succeed easier than a lot of other schemes. Those Swing wr screen slant passes which result in TD and 20 YAC looks good on stat sheet but won't translate in the NFL

Some posters here will die on a hill over outdated thinking with a smile on their face.

Its like when I asked which pocket passers in the league today could lead you to & win a SB. Geniuses point the last 25-30 years looking at the past. Not the here & now. It's a different game but some pretend we're living in the past bc those were the good old days, fond memories etc.. Also Bill wouldn't be keeping up with the college game if it wasn't very influential in today's game.

It's amazing what an Alabama uniform & some media hype will do.

See: Tua

There was virtually no dropoff when Jones replaced Tua when Tua got injured in 2019

Just look at the offense firepower Tua had in his 1 full season in 2018

5463567457.png

and only Irv Smith (as well as Jacobs & D.Harris who were replaced by Najee Harris) didn't return for 2019. So Tua had Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle & Smith his entire Alabama starting career. 4 top 15 pick WRs. You better look f**king good with that kind of receiving corp.

I actually wouldn't at all be surprised if dolphins trading out of 3 and back up to 6 was intended to be a move to get Waddle or Smith for Tua.

Some posters here will die on a hill over outdated thinking with a smile on their face.

Its like when I asked which pocket passers in the league today could lead you to & win a SB. Geniuses point the last 25-30 years looking at the past. Not the here & now. It's a different game but some pretend we're living in the past bc those were the good old days, fond memories etc.. Also Bill wouldn't be keeping up with the college game if it wasn't very influential in today's game.

He is talking about college football and 2018 is hardly ancient history (or 2020)..
Nor will it be 2021 in NE :)

It is always changing with same core principles . like life. No need for high hats ;)

He is talking about college football and 2018 is hardly ancient history (or 2020)..
Nor will it be 2021 in NE :)
Good luck drafting Tom Brady. Let me know how that goes?
It is always changing with same core principles . like life. No need for high hats ;)
Some of you are just incapable of having an honest convo about this subject without breaking into sweats.

I'm sorry but in one post someone will say how the game hasn't changed at all but that same poster will complain about rules, how offenses are untouchable & how QB's were different back in their day.
Why is it so hard to admit the game is different? QB's are different?

I mean you just fell into the same hole bringing up 2018 & 2020. Like I said at the beginning of the post. Good luck drafting Tom Brady. Again when I ask whare are all the pocket passers today people bring up the last 25 years bc they have no one to point to besides Brady who's close to mid 40's.

So, we get to #15 and these three are still on the board:

Parsons
Paye
Horn.

Assuming that we're looking for a D monster add, BaconGrundleCandy, if you're BB, which one? Or someone else on D, maybe?

I can't speak for BGC but Parsons would be my choice but i like the other two options as well

Good luck drafting Tom Brady. Let me know how that goes?

Some of you are just incapable of having an honest convo about this subject without breaking into sweats.

I'm sorry but in one post someone will say how the game hasn't changed at all but that same poster will complain about rules, how offenses are untouchable & how QB's were different back in their day.
Why is it so hard to admit the game is different? QB's are different?

I mean you just fell into the same hole bringing up 2018 & 2020. Like I said at the beginning of the post. Good luck drafting Tom Brady. Again when I ask whare are all the pocket passers today people bring up the last 25 years bc they have no one to point to besides Brady who's close to mid 40's.

Was not talking about Tom but principles of the game. And Defence. That was what you posted. A tweet yelling “stop expecting elite defences to return“.

You're doing great work but the high hat is so unnecessary.. (“some of you“, “incapable“, “honest convo“...)

See: Tua

There was virtually no dropoff when Jones replaced Tua when Tua got injured in 2019

Just look at the offense firepower Tua had in his 1 full season in 2018

View attachment 31681

and only Irv Smith (as well as Jacobs & D.Harris who were replaced by Najee Harris) didn't return for 2019. So Tua had Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle & Smith his entire Alabama starting career. 4 top 15 pick WRs. You better look f**king good with that kind of receiving corp.

I actually wouldn't at all be surprised if dolphins trading out of 3 and back up to 6 was intended to be a move to get Waddle or Smith for Tua.
We'll see how it plays out. I like Jones a lot just don't see him where he's being pegged rn.

I think both have issues with pressure in different situations/scenarios but thought Tua was a little better at dealing & overcoming them. Feel like Tua's arm talent & work ethics were a little better.

You don't bring stats or anything with you but Tua was clearly ready at a younger age & showed a lot more than Jones in that area. Who knew he wasn't ready & knew Bama was a great spot - the talent, no one knew his name, no pressure to start right away. Again all that matters is now but that stuff is important to a degree.

Again we'll see where he goes, how it plays out. He's one of the more interesting storylines going into the year.

So, we get to #15 and these three are still on the board:

Parsons
Paye
Horn.

Assuming that we're looking for a D monster add, BaconGrundleCandy, if you're BB, which one? Or someone else on D, maybe?
This is tough one. Seemingly Horn & Parsons would be nice replacements for Gilly & HT but Paye might be the guy that makes the most sense. Especially if HT or Gilly stay. I assume the Horn pick would be with Gilly gone?

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to any at 15. For us rn as our current team stands I think Paye/Parson & Horn slightly behind. Again in terms of needs, playing time etc

This is tough one. Seemingly Horn & Parsons would be nice replacements for Gilly & HT but Paye might be the guy that makes the most sense. Especially if HT or Gilly stay. I assume the Horn pick would be with Gilly gone?

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to any at 15. For us rn as our current team stands I think Paye/Parson & Horn slightly behind. Again in terms of needs, playing time etc
I think if we don't go for QB and a blue chip playmaker falls down we trade either. With a trade down we could still get Collins and additional pick. Maybe for 2022. Or a CB if we want to go that direction. We spoke about Paye i think in another thread? He may not be year 1 starter but potential for future starter. I hope the rumours of him losing weight are not true. Would prefer him more at 27-285 range than 260

Whether or not Gilly or HT were gone I think Paye, Parsons or Horn would be good additions. Mainly because I think that not having pressure on them to be instant starters is a good thing..

What’s the biggest drop off from those three players to what we will have available at 46?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back