PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

@manxman2601 More thoughts here about Brown. He's legit. Reminds me a little bit of another 6'8 RT for us, although I'm not sure he's as powerful or as smooth as Vollmer was when we drafted him.

I am a huge Spencer brown fan. I am hopeful we draft him, especially since brown and Wynn could be gone after this year.

I love the nastiness and after working with our coaches, I think they can clean up the technique issues.

ps: deonte brown, the guard from Alabama is the other offensive linemen that I hope we draft. He is a beast.

That mock is beyond horrible; it's into horrible on purpose territory...The ONLY two picks I can even begin to understand are Mac Jones at 15 & David Moore at 122...The rest are a pile of absurdly over-drafted poo.
I get Hubbard too. The Rest doesn't wow me

Daniel Jones ... That's who he reminds me of. Been trying to comp him and it finally hit me. The mechanics, footwork, throwing motion/delivery ... Danny Dimes imo. I'll take a shot in the late 2nd/3rd and let him beat out Stidham. Sit behind Cam.

Daniel Jones ... That's who he reminds me of. Been trying to comp him and it finally hit me. The mechanics, footwork, throwing motion/delivery ... Danny Dimes imo. I'll take a shot in the late 2nd/3rd and let him beat out Stidham. Sit behind Cam.

If we don't go QB in the first then I would consider Mills as well..more than Mond or Trask

QB's, Chase/DS, Pitts, Surtain, Sewell/Slater etc gone ...

The Silver Surfer Ha! I love it.

If I'm the philly gm i take Sewell>Farley>Smith>Waddle...they already have JR who is more of a deep threat isn't he? can find plenty good WR at their second rd. spot.

Moore's usage should be a mirror of Curtis & Deebo Samuel. Select deep shots, slant/flat, behind the los - reverse/motion, 1-2 carries, lining up in bf for a free release.

QB's are gone, we end up with Chase or Smith. Moore is available at 46, no trade up. Are we completely changing our WR/TE corps in two months? Chase/Smith, Moore, Meyers, Bourne, NA, Slater, Henry, Smith, Asiasi, Keene?

https://twitter.com/EnglerNFL/status/1259013890861457409?s=19

If I'm the philly gm i take Sewell>Farley>Smith>Waddle...they already have JR who is more of a deep threat isn't he? can find plenty good WR at their second rd. spot.
Pitts > every pass catcher but Sewell close second. I wouldn't take Farley in the that high, I have a 2nd in him fwiw. Waddle & JR would be two explosive options. One true deep threat in JR & Waddle to be that YAC, behind the los, crosser/over while he perfects and gets in where he fits in deep. Pitts & Goedert would be unreal though.

Pitts > every pass catcher but Sewell close second. I wouldn't take Farley in the that high, I have a 2nd in him fwiw. Waddle & JR would be two explosive options. One true deep threat in JR & Waddle to be that YAC, behind the los, crosser/over while he perfects and gets in where he fits in deep. Pitts & Goedert would be unreal though.
I agree but Philly's protection was a mess and their O-Line is aging. Johnson, Brooks and Kelce are on the wrong side of 30 as Peters too. As long as they have Ertz their TE group looks set (I know they are looking for trade partners or potential release..).
I think Farley is a N.1 CB and could help a bad secondary a lot. Great Size, Speed, big play potential, can cover deep. I think he could go top 10 for me. Cowboys love Surtain or Farley i guess. I thought Broncos too but they added some DB via FA.

I agree but Philly's protection was a mess and their O-Line is aging. Johnson, Brooks and Kelce are on the wrong side of 30 as Peters too. As long as they have Ertz their TE group looks set (I know they are looking for trade partners or potential release..).
Pitts is different and this is a heavy & deep OL class. I'm taking Pitts over all those guys pretty easy tbh. You simply can't find his skill set anywhere else and we don't even know what his final form will be at 20 yo.
I think Farley is a N.1 CB and could help a bad secondary a lot. Great Size, Speed, big play potential, can cover deep. I think he could go top 10 for me. Cowboys love Surtain or Farley i guess. I thought Broncos too but they added some DB via FA.
I'd love either here but not at 15.

Pitts is different and this is a heavy & deep OL class. I'm taking Pitts over all those guys pretty easy tbh. You simply can't find his skill set anywhere else and we don't even know what his final form will be at 20 yo.
I think Sewell and Pitts are locked at 3 or 5 depends what phins are doing. I did couple of mocks and if both stay at their spots I always gave them either Pitts or Sewell and then the Bengals with the other. I'd be surprised if they make it past 5 under the assumption cinci and phins are not trading down. That's why i did not really look at the option;)
I'd love either here but not at 15.
Really ok that's surprises me a bit. I agree their are not Ramsey type of CB right now but i like them a lot.. Do you don't have any CB with a first rd. grade?

@patsfanfromoversea

Derrick Barnes has played everywhere at Purdue. All LB spots and used as a boozer, power rusher off the edge, dropped in coverage. Inconsistent play speed & play recognition. Range, sideline to sideline ability or close to it. He can cut off angles but is a tick slow at times. Power player that likes getting physical. + motor & toughness. Smart prospect that needs a little coaching & experience at these spots if he's going to be that guy. He's been on the list I believe

@patsfanfromoversea

Derrick Barnes has played everywhere at Purdue. All LB spots and used as a boozer, power rusher off the edge, dropped in coverage. Inconsistent play speed & play recognition. Range, sideline to sideline ability or close to it. He can cut off angles but is a tick slow at times. Power player that likes getting physical. + motor & toughness. Smart prospect that needs a little coaching & experience at these spots if he's going to be that guy. He's been on the list I believe

I'd prefer him as a developing project later over idk Bentley for example if we don't resign him or cut him. I think the recognition is sth. he can learn from coaching/experience. Good foundation with his speed. Definetly someone to consider when we are on the clock in fourth/fifth as you mentioned

I think Sewell and Pitts are locked at 3 or 5 depends what phins are doing. I did couple of mocks and if both stay at their spots I always gave them either Pitts or Sewell and then the Bengals with the other. I'd be surprised if they make it past 5 under the assumption cinci and phins are not trading down. That's why i did not really look at the option;)

Really ok that's surprises me a bit. I agree their are not Ramsey type of CB right now but i like them a lot.. Do you don't have any CB with a first rd. grade?
I like Farley a lot but he close. Horn, most likely his pro day is today. Surtain barely made it too. I really like Horn. Surtain as well but my scale liked him a little more than me personally.

I like Farley a lot but he close. Horn, most likely his pro day is today. Surtain barely made it too. I really like Horn. Surtain as well but my scale liked him a little more than me personally.
I have it this way.
1. Farley
2. Surtain
3. Horn

I like them all tbh. I did not know Horn until i watched South carolina to wait for the Bama game and noticed how he constantly shut down WR. I like his phisicality and aggressiveness. The thing that puts Farley in top of both on my list is top end speed. I think Farley has a shot at covering all type of WR. I wouldn't let surtain or horn cover a tyreek Hill type of WR. They are great in coverage etc but not top end speed. But for such a high pick I want to see that from a CB. That's why the only one I would pick at 15 is Farley probably.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back