PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

NFW I'm giving up that much - if anything at all - for him.
Well F***.. The world is gonna end.. No need to continue posting about the draft.. Capt and I agree on something..

I mentioned in the GM Lounge where it was posted that in 2017 AZ traded 15,79and 152 for the 10th over all pick that there is no F'in way that the 8th over-all pick would require 15, 47, and a 2nd round pick in 2002.

#8 = 318 points
#10 = 299.1 points
#15 = 264.7
#47 = 151.3
#79 = 113.5
#152 = 62.6

So, the AZ deal with the Raiders = 264.7+113.5+62.6 = 440.8 for a 299 point pick.

Kiper is saying that 264.7+151.3 + another 140 points = 556 points? Kiper is smoking some cheap S**T. No f'in way..

I listened to Next Pats Pod - interesting interview with Jim Nagy, @JimNagy_SB - who runs the Senior Bowl. Gave us a tip last year on Duggar being a potential fit to NE.

In this interview he had a couple interesting tidbits (paraphrased below)

Q: WR?
A: 31 flavors of receivers, guys for any position you want. Demetric Felton from UCLA is a RB, but would be a great pass catcher in NE in the mold of James White and Kevin Faulk. Worked exclusively as WR at the Senior Bowl & was effective in the slot and outside. Good route savvy, knows how to get open, natural hands.

Q: Cade Johnson? Can he play outside too, or mainly slot?
A: more of a slot. Came into Senor Bowl as 5/6 rounder - had great week. Great separation / quickness & incredible toughness in the middle. Should be good NFL slot right away.

Q: Player on / off field who stands out as NE's kinda guy?
A: Ritchie Grant, UCF Safety. Versatility - SS/FS flexibility. Opportunistic. Tackles in space. Came to Senior Bowl and was repp'd at corner a bunch (can do nickel). Great energy, competitive, loves the game. Very different from Duggar - cool player for the Patriots.

Also, they ran a mock draft and Phil Perry took Gregory Rousseau EDGE from Miami - interesting.

Last edited:
I listened to Next Pats Pod - interesting interview with Jim Nagy, @JimNagy_SB - who runs the Senior Bowl. Gave us a tip last year on Duggar being a potential fit to NE.

In this interview he had a couple interesting tidbits (paraphrased below)

Q: WR?
A: 31 flavors of receivers, guys for any position you want. Demetric Felton from UCLA is a RB, but would be a great pass catcher in NE in the mold of James White and Kevin Faulk. Worked exclusively as WR at the Senior Bowl & was effective in the slot and outside. Good route savvy, knows how to get open, natural hands.

Q: Cade Johnson? Can he play outside too, or mainly slot?
A: more of a slot. Came into Senor Bowl as 5/6 rounder - had great week. Great separation / quickness & incredible toughness in the middle. Should be good NFL slot right away.

Q: Player on / off field who stands out as NE's kinda guy?
A: Ritchie Grant, UCF Safety. Versatility - SS/FS flexibility. Opportunistic. Tackles in space. Came to Senior Bowl and was repp'd at corner a bunch (can do nickel). Great energy, competitive, loves the game. Very different from Duggar - cool player for the Patriots.

Also, they ran a mock draft and Phil Perry took Gregory Rousseau EDGE from Miami - interesting.

Sign me up for Grant and Felton any day.

Both have been on my board for a min. I remember you mentioning Felton a few weeks ago as a White replacement.

I'm thinking the third round will have great value this year. First will be QB, OT, athletic standouts. A run of some kind in round two and I think a ton of good prospects will be pushed to round 3. Interested to see that play out.

One of my favorite things about JJ are his running control/balance, ability to shift while staying tight/controlled. And how he not only follows his blocks but puts himself in the best position to come off them for a potential big gain.

Decent thread on Basham I can came across. Just feel like his strengths, size and profile are somewhat unique to our liking. Turner, Perkins, Odeyingbo etc

Great thread on Perkins and why he's a top 75 player. Good here job.

+ closing speed, maybe its the way he can change up his speed but it feels like he has nice closing speed. His speed to power is real and he can take an edge with and soften with a swipe or chop. Can cross face/win inside moving laterally.

+knifing, shooting through gaps. Guesses at times but guesses right more than enough. Gets skinny & reduces target. Again shows off nice closing speed to finish backside or to cut off an angle.

Suspended for along with Rhamondre Stevenson and Trejan Bridges but it's pot. As long as he can pass a few test a year who cares.

Love the sound of both. Wonder if Grant will be picked at some point between 15 and 47. Obviously BB may just move backwards and take him with the new pick. :haha:

How do you like Rousseau? I think Phil Perry was suggesting him as a raw talent type of player with a lot of ceiling left to work toward.

Posted a few of these but they deserve watching again. Lance is an absurd prospect.

His mental makeup seems very intriguing and exactly what you want to hear. You can visualize him and Bill sitting down talking QB power, veer and everything else between the lines. I get that feeling from Lance. Everything speaks to a guy that is a leader in the locker room - preparer in terms of film study/tendencies. Let's not forget his younger brother will be a big name next year so Trey wants to set by example on & off the field. One would think from everything that's out there.

His poise, pocket awareness/discipline is what really gets me. It's as good as anyone in this class or last year's with the exception of Burrow. Not quite as good, Joe Brady had exceptional pocket presence/awareness and mobility. Lance isn't on that level but he's really F'n good! It's extremely impressive. He never panics. Has good feel, peripheral vision. He'll always keep his eyes up. He can keep a pocket or manipulate it a little bit. Sets himself up for good off platform passes.

His mechanics stand out. His feet are firing-always moving, putting him in great spots to make a play. His upper half stays tight most of the time though. Remember that Dak clip of him opening up his hips like a mad man? Well Dak was working on opening up his hips but the other point perhaps priority there was keeping that front shoulder tight, keeping that area/core tight to generate max torque on delivery. You see that in Lance. A little "let go" with it but it's not loose.

Arm talent is insane. Velocity, strength, touch, placement and accuracy are all there in spades but not consistent. Which lets be honest you can't expect him to be at this point but he has so much to work with.

One of few top guys that are comfortable under center. Comfortable and familiar and actually taken meaningful snaps in a live game.

Absolute pickup truck with wheels. Has to protect himself better but he's special. Goal line, scrambling, designed, he can do it all. He has wheels, easily can take it 40-50.

He can read concepts and go through progressions but has trouble when it's going across left - right / MOF imo. He'll revert to throwing outside the #'s on occasion. It's not that he can't or never has done it. It's just a work in progress for a young kid who's 20 yo. I've brought this up before but Wilson has the same issue.

Great prospect all around. On & off the field Lance excels and just screams the part. We would be incredibly lucky to land him imo.

IMG_20210304_111142.jpg

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back