PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

Definitely PTP. Nice character, mature, captain. One of my fav later rd.
I was comparing Hainsey's tape to Thuney's. He's improving as well, strong @SrBowl as G+C
I hope Bill takes advantage of this rare deep OL class and takes 2 for good measure..
Hainsey is an athlete. Polished in pass pro. Quick feet, accurate strikes. Doesn't get talked about enough but with so many prospects it's tough to mention everyone.

This OL group is insane. I could see 15 going top 50-60. And yea I hope we take advantage. We'll have every opportunity if that's the direction we want to go in - especially with Thuney-Cannon-Andrews uncertainty.

Last edited:
Nolan Nawrocki is a big shot in the draft industry. This is why I don't care about missing on a player and remind myself I grade 200-300 prospects every year. Carrying on about DK Metcalf or whatever prospect is meaningless and done by people who don't a big board to show fpr themselves. I wish there were a draft committee of sorts to look at media/amateur grades every year partly bc of that.

Scouts and Special Teams deserve their own factions in the hall.

It was a fun SB. Everything every analytic/analytics/metrics & pundit said about the game was thrown out the window. The single greatest thing about football, apart from being ultimate team game (that includes front office, coaches & staff) is that nobody (BB included) knows how the game is going to go. The only thing you can control is your focus, your job and your mind. TB retirees controlled their own & KC mind from the get go. This is what Tom & the coaches & the vets brought to the most undisciplined talent previously. And this is one aspect that is always underrated. The mind game. Its not just the body, the mind gives you speed and power and physicality as well.

And yes, it was a nice and sweetly ironic revenge of positions that the new analytics/pundit generation thinks not important. If you cant hold your own in the trenches (that includes TE PP&blocking, RB PP&blitz pickup, EDGE setting, LB gap control/shooting etc) you wont be able to use your shiny expensive weapons esp. in big games.

TB LB play was one of the highlights of the game but its not just about speed. There are so many fast LBs in the game with little impact. Athletes like White are extremely rare. Esp. while being great players as well. And lets give credit to coaching and game planning as well ;)

Last edited:
I know highlight reels don't tell the full story, but this game was so enjoyable that I can't resist. Felton seems like a no-brainer as a running back and pass catcher. Potential James White replacement if White moves on to join Brady.

Definitely PTP. Nice character, mature, captain. One of my fav later rd.
I was comparing Hainsey's tape to Thuney's. He's improving as well, strong @SrBowl as G+C
I hope Bill takes advantage of this rare deep OL class and takes 2 for good measure..
Yep...2 OLmen, 2 WRs, Mac Jones, 4 front-7 players & 1 CB for the pipeline.

Nolan Nawrocki is a big shot in the draft industry. This is why I don't care about missing on a player and remind myself I grade 200-300 prospects every year. Carrying on about DK Metcalf or whatever prospect is meaningless and done by people who don't a big board to show fpr themselves. I wish there were a draft committee of sorts to look at media/amateur grades every year partly bc of that.

Why would Zierlein post that?

Nawrocki was right about Scam Newton, btw.

It was a fun SB. Everything every analytic/analytics/metrics & pundit said about the game was thrown out the window. The single greatest thing about football, apart from being ultimate team game (that includes front office, coaches & staff) is that nobody (BB included) knows how the game is going to go. The only thing you can control is your focus, your job and your mind. TB retirees controlled their own & KC mind from the get go. This is what Tom & the coaches & the vets brought to the most undisciplined talent previously. And this is one aspect that is always underrated. The mind game. Its not just the body, the mind gives you speed and power and physicality as well.

And yes, it was a nice and sweetly ironic revenge of positions that the new analytics/pundit generation thinks not important. If you cant hold your own in the trenches (that includes TE PP&blocking, RB PP&blitz pickup, EDGE setting, LB gap control/shooting etc) you wont be able to use your shiny expensive weapons esp. in big games.

TB LB play was one of the highlights of the game but its not just about speed. There are so many fast LBs in the game with little impact. Athletes like White are extremely rare. Esp. while being great players as well. And lets give credit to coaching and game planning as well ;)
What's interesting is a lot of what you're saying is true but looking at the game again TB won doing some of the opposite. Like they purposely gave up contain to get Mahomes moving on his toe. Lots of White's impact this year came from splash plays rather than cerebral ones.

Bowles, Leftwich & co deserve a ton of credit for last night.

I know highlight reels don't tell the full story, but this game was so enjoyable that I can't resist. Felton seems like a no-brainer as a running back and pass catcher. Potential James White replacement if White moves on to join Brady.

I really hope we ask more of our backs in the rec game (esp early on) Maybe a little more in terms of r/r to really maximize plays. A few out/up to counter the flat. Maybe more crossers/mesh?

Idk I look at this kid, Gibson and others and can't help but think they're being underutilized a bit.

Lots of QB's and fan of QB's fawning over the nose of the ball dropping into the lap of Olave. Quite the stem from #2 as well.

" Once the team returned together for fall practices, coaches saw even more. Defensive line coach Todd Stroud said early in the fall camp that Phillips is in the 99th percentile of any player he has ever coached in terms of his physical attributes. Baker says, "If you were to create a player in a video game, you'd create Jaelan Phillips at defensive end. He's 6-5, he's 265, 270 pounds. I'm willing to guess he will run easily in the 4.6s. He's going to test out of this world from a combine standpoint. Then, from a mental aspect, he's one of the smartest players I've ever been around. The cherry on the top is with the effort he plays with." "

One of the guys I get A22 college (in case anyone is into that sort of thing)

Undersized but strong as ****.

Dalman v Onwuzrike

*edit* did someone ask me about "strong as ****" prospects?? I feel like they did but I can't remember who? Work has been too much (almost 300 hours in Jan) and recently starting feeling like ****. Took covid and negative. Waiting for 2nd Covid test to come back. Anyway if someone did just reply I forgot.

Last edited:
Hang in there, BGC, this is a marathon not a sprint and you will be greatly needed here for the home stretch..
And yep, DD should be on the board.

This in fun to watch. Some 1vs 1 reps from the Senior Bowl O-Line vs D-Line/Edge
David Moore is fun to watch. Hard to overpower him.
Leatherwood needs some foot work/quickness if he wants to play LT. Roche did beat him with speed. Once the hands are on him roche has a tough job
Marvin Wilson has no pass rush plan whatsoever to me.
Deonte Brown and Trey Smith struggle with speed rushers. Royce Newman looked better in pass pro here, but of course he is lighter
Tuipulotu doesn't look impressive in 1vs 1 against Jack Anderson, idk looks like a 2 down DT based on that.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back