PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2020 OT/PTP Thread

I fully expect the Patriots to draft an OT being that Cannon is 32 and Cajuste is a question mark. Whether it's first or 2nd round, that's what I expect.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them also draft a center for an upgrade over Karras and Ferentz.

Trey Adams, if healthy after back issues, is excellent as a run blocker and decent as a pass protector.

can he adjust to a zone blocking scheme?

Mekhi Becton is definitely a name to follow. Awesome size at 6'7/370 & his movements are very fluid for a man that size. Really showed off at times this year moving very easy to the perimeter, 2nd level. 7Ft wing span. Becton looks a lot more fit & lighter on his feet this year.

Dude is nasty and makes it a point to let you know he's the big dog on the field. Which is exactly what you wanna see from a person that big. Long, powerful upper body but again his movements are so smooth. Able to create impressive power reaching. A monster coming downhill.

Combine testing, interviews, medicals will play a part in if he's a top 30 or 60 pick.

Mekhi Becton is definitely a name to follow. Awesome size at 6'7/370 & his movements are very fluid for a man that size. Really showed off at times this year moving very easy to the perimeter, 2nd level. 7Ft wing span. Becton looks a lot more fit & lighter on his feet this year.

Dude is nasty and makes it a point to let you know he's the big dog on the field. Which is exactly what you wanna see from a person that big. Long, powerful upper body but again his movements are so smooth. Able to create impressive power reaching. A monster coming downhill.

Combine testing, interviews, medicals will play a part in if he's a top 30 or 60 pick.

he seems like a natural to move to guard.

would you need anyone else on the OLine.....:eek:

Bacon, interested in hearing your thoughts on Ben Bartch, Div III St John's. Some sites list him as a G while others state he can play both T spots. I know he is Div III and the level of competition is less, but he looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl against top DLinemen. Have you done any homework on him? thanks and always appreciate your insight

Bacon, interested in hearing your thoughts on Ben Bartch, Div III St John's. Some sites list him as a G while others state he can play both T spots. I know he is Div III and the level of competition is less, but he looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl against top DLinemen. Have you done any homework on him? thanks and always appreciate your insight
I listed him as a G in my grades but I don't put much thought into it. I'll let the coaches figure that out. I just put them where I think ultimately they'll be most effective but again I spend about 5 minutes thinking about it, if that.

I love his coordination and movements. Eyes, hands, feet are all working together in concert. Nothing looks that forced. Feet are usually always balanced, in position to adjust. Effective strikes usually accurate. + Hands.
Never looked panicked or caught off guard. Always handled stunts, blitz and disguise with ease. Likes to finish his man/play.

Big time potential. Has to get stronger overall. NFL strength is just different from what he's used to but I think he'll be fine in a year or two.

Think he could be a real player along the los. 2nd level. Versatile and smart.

Gave him a 3rd.

Watched some tape on kindley of Georgia.

first, he is a large boy!

second, when he moves forward, anyone in front of him moves backwards.

pass protection is not that great, but better than mason when mason was drafted.

Watched some tape on kindley of Georgia.

first, he is a large boy!

second, when he moves forward, anyone in front of him moves backwards.

pass protection is not that great, but better than mason when mason was drafted.
Unless Mason is traded, then I don't feel that we should draft a RG-Only like Kindley where we would have to take him (3rd/4th round)...unless he can be moved to Center...

Unless Mason is traded, then I don't feel that we should draft a RG-Only like Kindley where we would have to take him (3rd/4th round)...unless he can be moved to Center...
Definitely need a combo C/G

Definitely need a combo C/G
There's a lot of quality mid-late round G prospects with shorter arms. I wonder if we see some converts. Maybe a round or two early in some cases?

There's a lot of quality mid-late round G prospects with shorter arms. I wonder if we see some converts. Maybe a round or two early in some cases?
Ball State LT Danny Pinter, Ohio State LG Jonah Jackson & Oregon RT Calvin Doc Throckmorton are the names I've heard most often mentioned when the possibility of converting OLinemen to Center from other positions has been discussed...

Ball State LT Danny Pinter, Ohio State LG Jonah Jackson & Oregon RT Calvin Doc Throckmorton are the names I've heard most often mentioned when the possibility of converting OLinemen to Center from other positions has been discussed...
Molchon, maybe Muti? In terms of draftable - guys that can play etc. Probably missing someone. Idk I'm tired and thinking about watching the Irishman.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back