PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2017 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Check out @Marcus_Mosher's Tweet: out @ScottBarrettDFB's Tweet: out @JaredStanger's Tweet: out @StephenIgoe's Tweet:

No idea why but its so hard logging and staying in. Every page turn it logs out. No biggie. Guys added

No idea why but its so hard logging and staying in. Every page turn it logs out. No biggie. Guys added

Maybe need to clear your cache? I'd erase any saved passwords, and then re-enter the information. Sounds the an old credential is causing problems.

As always, thanks for the work on these breakdowns!

Samson Ebukam vs Washington State (2016) | Draft Breakdown

Like this kid a lot but hes constantly on the ground. Like 90 other guys ... waiting for more tape.

Spends a lot of time in coverage. Does a decent job, too. Tools there to work with for sure. I'm hoping he'll get more videos after his exceptional pro day. He plays like a discount Haason Reddick. I don't think he's as good of a football player, and he definitely can't play edge at this stage in his career (too many stutter steps, doesn't attack his man, loses balance, seems to lack some pop into contact, etc), but when he's lined up off the ball, he shows a lot of value in coverage and as a blitzer. I like him late, I think. Need more games.

This is the best info I've been able to find on Ebukam. Super intriguing. His testing numbers were off the charts, and I could see him thriving in the Jamie Collins role here with a year of seasoning. As much as I'd love to see Reddick here, his draft value just isn't very good anymore due to the over-inflated market; Ebukam would require more work to arrive at the same production, but the tools are there and he will likely last until the 6th or 7th.

Scouting Report: Samson Ebukam; sometimes the unknown talent is worth a second look

Tomato, Tomato?

I was gunna say poor mans Bowser lol.

Exactly role I envisioned. Hes too busy. But then again he weighed in @ 6'2/240 so he has an up hill battle to begin with every snap he rushes from a physical standpoint.

6'2/240 - 39.5/10.10/4.47 , off the ball would be something.

This ****in team is stacked, esp with Butler. I like guys but save for DL, RB? theres not many glaring needs at all

Check out @BigG_Antoine's Tweet: out @BigG_Antoine's Tweet: out @BigG_Antoine's Tweet:

Pat Ricard is a guy I've been keeping tabs on for over a year now. SR DT From Maine, from Spencer Mass.

202 Tackles (88 solo) 47.5 TFL 18 Sacks

Check out @BlackBearsFB's Tweet: out @MarkDulgerianOS's Tweet:

Check out @BlackBearsFB's Tweet:

Now Idk about that 10 yd split but the kid is very quick of the ball, has ++ motor, can get skinny, fast/violent hands.

Obviously not much video so if anyone sees any please pass it along?

Last edited:
Check out @MarkDulgerianOS's Tweet:

Jarrad Davis added earlier. W/ some legit coaching he could be great imo. His over aggressiveness/pursuit etc is his biggest negative but actually fixable if he responds which all accounts point to he would.

Also Andreas Knappe is a guy worth keeping an eye on. Huge T that excels in pass pro but needs work overall.

He's very comfortable and clean in pass pro but can get high at times. Hes 6'7 so its gunna happen.
Hes just so far ahead there. Doesn't give up any ground or make unnecessary mistakes. Hands stay inside most of the time.

He needs coaching but could be find on the mid-late rounds

I know, its no bueno.

Bunch of fun backs in the mid-late rounds like McGuire and Mizzell too.

McGuire is pretty good with security. Fumbled once in 265 touches in 2016, 1/74 for his career (871 touches).

Mizzell is kinda sketchy: 1/58, career. Improved a bit to 1/80 in 2016 (Ridley level).

McGuire is pretty good with security. Fumbled once in 265 touches in 2016, 1/74 for his career (871 touches).

Mizzell is kinda sketchy: 1/58, career. Improved a bit to 1/80 in 2016 (Ridley level).

I'm a McGuire guy. That dude is something. Agility is better in game imo.

Team is too loaded lol

I'm a McGuire guy. That dude is something. Agility is better in game imo.

Team is too loaded lol

McGuire's average number of receptions/year is about the same as McCaffrey's (33). McGuire's shuttle and 3-cone were fairly poor at the Combine. Hopefully he improves at his pro day this Friday.

McGuire's average number of receptions/year is about the same as McCaffrey's (33). McGuire's shuttle and 3-cone were fairly poor at the Combine. Hopefully he improves at his pro day this Friday.

Tbh Im more worried about ss. He gets it done enough in terms of agility on the field for me but that burst is so important for me.

I can't remember are u a Foster guy?

If you're a GM and can't help your team in this draft find other work.

The double dips are outrageous at RUSH, RB, TE, CB, S & LB.

Teams like Cleve, Tenn, Cinci should absolutely improve big time.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back