PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2017 NFL DRAFT THREAD

I still got moves, man. :p

ym-credit-rating-c_1006023c.jpg

Serious moves, hats off. But how many takes? :)

That was the first take. I know my stuff. I was just nervous beforehand and stood up there for a few minutes mentally preparing myself -- ten foot gaps eight feet off the ground are a little nerve wracking, no matter how many years of practice I've had to prepare myself. I'm a big scaredy-cat, believe it or not.

I really like this post. But i have a question for you. With us resigning harmon would you use a pick on marcus williams? I really come to like his game but i dont see him getting much playing time.

Williams looks like a natural ball player which I love seeing.

I'd definitely use a pick on him but its which one? He won't be there in the 3rd.

Tough draft for short picks but we have a ridiculously deep, complete team.

Based on his measureables and scouting report, it seems unlikely to me that he'll still be on the board at #72. Maybe not even at #32. IDK, perhaps a moot point?

As horrible as it is to think about, the Pats are going to need to find a replacement for McCourty sooner or later. And Chung may be more vulnerable sooner. Both turn 30 during Camp, IIRC.

Meanwhile, Chung and McCourty each played around 1200 snaps last year, combining defense and ST snaps. That's about 50 more than any of the OL. Seems to me like they could use some quality relief out there, which Harmon didn't really provide.

If Williams is really that good, I think the Pats would find a way to get him some decent snaps. And it's not as if there isn't a roster-end DB who couldn't be bumped off the 53.

I think DMC is good for another 2-3 but once u find your guy, at any position, you take him imo.

Foolishness at its finest.

Kid is all but saying he has a learning disability. He was the captain of the best defense in the country. Enough for me but he's the type of guy that actually craves structure and leadership so at least 20 teams have no business drafting him.

Saw article ^^^

Yes as long as the sun comes out the Browns will make a big push for Jimmy 1000%. Might not get it done but you have to think the deal will be "new" with more/better picks.

You have a chance to walk away w/ Myles Garrett, Jimmy Garoppolo and other picks in a great draft. Join the grown ups at the table and at least pretend you're a ****in legit franchise.

Two guys I really like showing why I like them.

Hump can come in right away and contribute if you play a lot of zone but this kid has a ton of potential. Hes a beast and extremely young

Mathis is just a menace. Letting his guy know.

Check out @JC1053's Tweet:

@JC1053's Tweet:

Holy **** we have Cooks, Hogan, Gronk, 11, Mitchell, Lewis, Allen for sure on O. That is just a ridiculous amount of riches.

Still want to fit one more certain flex/TE/WR but anyway ... again hope we keep Butler bc this ****in team is loaded. Absolutely loaded if he stays.

I think its that time of year for some good old fashion highlights. Mathis absolutely has to continue to work on transforming his body.

Mathis has a nice burst off the line but thats the last thing the OT is thinking about. Mathis has moves that I'll get into in the eval but he makes it a fight every snap.

out @PFF's Tweet: out @ScottBarrettDFB's Tweet:

Holy **** we have Cooks, Hogan, Gronk, 11, Mitchell, Lewis, Allen for sure on O. That is just a ridiculous amount of riches.

Still want to fit one more certain flex/TE/WR but anyway ... again hope we keep Butler bc this ****in team is loaded. Absolutely loaded if he stays.

During the 2007 pre-season, I thought that if Samuel would simply sign his franchise tag, the team could go 19-0. Not exactly the same feeling this time around with Butler, but close.

During the 2007 pre-season, I thought that if Samuel would simply sign his franchise tag, the team could go 19-0. Not exactly the same feeling this time around with Butler, but close.

Ill tell ya man, if Butler stays this is one of the top 3 most talented Pats teams I can recall.

Its gunna hit some when we see em on the field

out @EliotCrist's Tweet: out @EliotCrist's Tweet: out @edwardgorelik's Tweet:

Mama, Braden, Jarrad Davis, Ryan Anderson, Tyus Bowser coming after work.

I'll be shocked if Bowser makes it past 40, even 1st round. Every prospect has several flaws but his are why you hear "coach him up" etc and in his case simple coaching will fix his biggest issues. False steps, planting/exploding off inside leg instead of outside when rushing and hands. He's a fantastic prospect that plays faster than Collins. Comp I threw out months ago.

Mama is a beast. Prob will always struggle with weight but he has what you're looking for 100%.

Duty calls ...

Mathis added.

Tyus Bowser had 6.75 3Cone btw!
Check out @JaredStanger's Tweet:

Bowser, Mama added. Having hardest time logging and staying in?

Check out @ScottBarrettDFB's Tweet:

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back