PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best damn video of Pats vs Jaguars :Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great video. Got goose bumps watching it. I love Dola's fire and seeing him pace on the sidelines firing up the team !

Very good video. Thanks for posting it.

What I found funny was how they went on and on and on about the PI at the end of the first half. Yet the replay showed it was blatant. There was nothing ticky tack or borderline about it. The corner had his back to the ball and shoves Cooks out of bounds. There was no incidental contact. It literally amazes me that we have come to the point that people will cry about a call that is text book pass interference if it goes the Pats way. I mean if the call were reversed, not only would these same people be fine with it, they would say it was without question pass interference and laugh at any Pats fan who questioned it.

And the "hand fighting" the Jags announcers were crying about wasn't until after Cooks got pushed out of bounds.

I didn't like the video because they tried to portray legitimate calls as wrong. First they played audio from some Jags homer whining that "these calls happen in Foxborough."

Because obviously the home refs are from Foxborough.

Then they show a montage of *****ing and whining finishing with Ramsey saying if you look back it's not a penalty. Then the cut to a slow motion shot of Bouye looking back. But that shot was after the penalty, and after the pass. It's like trying to show an incompleted pass call by cutting to a scene of the receiver with the ball after picking it up off the ground. What legitimate reason is there for editing that shot in such a way?

Could be a good video if they cut out the agenda. Opportunity for someone into video editing I guess. Kind of like how Collinsworth had to be cut out of all the SB49 audio and another announcer dubbed in because he couldn't focus on the game.

I thought that the DPI flag was indeed a tacky-tack call, but not so egregiously bad of a call that Doug Moron had to continue to ***** about it even while the team under his so-called "leadership" was in the process of allowing an end-of-half TD...and then became the only team ALL SEASON to take 3 knees with 55+ seconds and 2+ timeouts remaining, and 25+ yards in front of their own end zone. At least he would receive the 2nd-half KO, so he had that going for him, I guess.
Meanwhile, on the other sideline, nobody on the Patriots was recorded *****ing about the ruling of a fumble by Dion Lewis even though replay would not have reversed the ruling had it not been called a fumble. So for those 2 moments alone I am glad for having watched the Turning Point, and hope that other, non-fans can also compare
the 2 teams and understand what truly makes the Patriots special...besides having Tom Brady, obviously.

Edit: disappointing that the Dion Lewis run to seal the win wasn't shown. That was a nice ending to a story of redemption for him, after having "fumbled" earlier in the 4th quarter. NFL Films, and therefore the NFL, chose instead to show the Jaguars defense flapping their gums all day long.

Last edited:
I didn't like the video because they tried to portray legitimate calls as wrong. First they played audio from some Jags homer whining that "these calls happen in Foxborough."

Because obviously the home refs are from Foxborough.

Then they show a montage of *****ing and whining finishing with Ramsey saying if you look back it's not a penalty. Then the cut to a slow motion shot of Bouye looking back. But that shot was after the penalty, and after the pass. It's like trying to show an incompleted pass call by cutting to a scene of the receiver with the ball after picking it up off the ground. What legitimate reason is there for editing that shot in such a way?

Could be a good video if they cut out the agenda. Opportunity for someone into video editing I guess. Kind of like how Collinsworth had to be cut out of all the SB49 audio and another announcer dubbed in because he couldn't focus on the game.

I agree on the bs commentary about the penalty. They showed it again and it was obviously PI way before any head turning. Price of being dominant, other teams whining is part of the story.

Plus, the coach is whining that you should be able to commit PI if it's a championship game.:rolleyes:

Still, tons of footage and I don't care about conspiracy theories.

I had a whole thread that was dedicated to talking about the *****ing section of this video

Plus, the coach is whining that you should be able to commit PI if it's a championship game.:rolleyes:

Still, tons of footage and I don't care about conspiracy theories.

He really allowed that call to unhinge him Whalen it was blatantly obvious. Meanwhile, B.B. is not trying to spend any energy on anything he can’t control. I’ve been trying to remember Bill ever blowing up on the refs like that and I don’t remember one

He really allowed that call to unhinge him Whalen it was blatantly obvious. Meanwhile, B.B. is not trying to spend any energy on anything he can’t control. I’ve been trying to remember Bill ever blowing up on the refs like that and I don’t remember one
He went off at the end of the Panthers game 4 years ago, but after the game. I don’t have a problem with Marrone fussing at the refs, it was a bit marginal, if for no reason other than the ball appeared to be overthrown. And it was a big call. I don’t think he was unhinged by the call either. I kind of get tired of hearing how every other coach is a dunce and BB would never make mistakes. Jacksonville was well-prepared coming in and played a tough game. With a couple more breaks and a couple of brilliant plays not made by the Pats, they would have won. Was Marrone perfect - no. But he was very good.

He went off at the end of the Panthers game 4 years ago, but after the game. I don’t have a problem with Marrone fussing at the refs, it was a bit marginal, if for no reason other than the ball appeared to be overthrown. And it was a big call. I don’t think he was unhinged by the call either. I kind of get tired of hearing how every other coach is a dunce and BB would never make mistakes. Jacksonville was well-prepared coming in and played a tough game. With a couple more breaks and a couple of brilliant plays not made by the Pats, they would have won. Was Marrone perfect - no. But he was very good.

I’d agree he coached a great game. Come to remember . Bill did yell at them in the super bowl over the blocked field goal call

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes