PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best and Worst trades of the BB era

When I saw the title of the thread I figured the article would list the best and worst trades but wasn’t surprised to see it was just the worst.

Brady bears no responsibility, not for AB, Sanu, not for getting Arians fired. Fanboys can’t be consistent.
WRONG

The Bucs OC and Brady would spend the time to work up game plans and part time Arians would red line the came plan.

Saving you the click. In no particular order
1. Trading Up In 2006 NFL Draft To Select Chad Jackson
2. Giving Away Top Draft Capital For Mohamed Sanu
3. Patriots Get Next To Nothing For Chandler Jones
4. Derrick Burgess Trade Turns Into A Flop
5. Star Wideout Chad Ochocinco Flames Out With Patriots
6. Albert Haynesworth Doesn’t Last Long With Patriots
7. Duane Starks Doesn’t Fill Void In Secondary
8. Not Getting Nearly Enough Back For Jimmy Garoppolo
Basically they traded Chandler Jones for
(1) Thuney - 5 year good starter at LG - good enough to get franchise tag
(2) Malolm Mitchell - instrumental in SB comeback.
(3) Cap space for Gilmore, who won DPOY

So they basically won 2 SBs because they traded Jones.

In the 3 years after Jones was traded they won 2 SBs and went to a 3rd.

Arguably one of the best trades BB made.

Cap is crap. If you want to "afford" a player, you can
At the expense of many others. The cap is real. Only a fool thinks otherwise.

Bill tried to satisfy his franchise QB who was pouting on the sideline and in postgames of wins.

And btw, I said the Sanu trade was horrible in real-time. I said Brady was wrong for demanding him, I said BB was wrong for agreeing to it.

At that time I was screaming for Brady to trust a rookie named Jakobi Meyers. You negative nancy’s were telling me he sucked even though midseason he had caught 70 something percent of his targets. Years later the same negative types are complaining about Juju and suggesting Meyers is the next coming of Larry Fitzgerald.

If it were raining money, you would be complaining quarters were hitting you on the head… and it would be BB’s fault.
Show me the report where it said Brady wanted Sanu specifically.

Show me the report where it said Brady wanted Sanu specifically.
It was pretty well known. Doesn’t matter though. Sanu was a known quantity and got injured.

Damn *********** thread for the Belichick bashers.

This thread was basically a Bat Signal for Matt "Wozzy" Chatham to come in here crying.

Or perhaps a K-Mart shoppers blue-light special alert for Tampa Bay ghetto refugees to gleefully convene for more BB bashing.

I've never understand the apparent appeal of these negativity oriented "worst-of" rehashings on a fan site. Of course, we've got the regular suspects weighing in. Sad stuff.

Or perhaps a K-Mart shoppers blue-light special alert for Tampa Bay ghetto refugees to gleefully convene for more BB bashing.

I've never understand the apparent appeal of these negativity oriented "worst-of" rehashings on a fan site. Of course, we've got the regular suspects weighing in. Sad stuff.
Nah I only see amfootball criticism from the Tampa thread regulars I haven't said **** and sb1 is positive in general...the others ones left or are inactive I think

Screenshot_20230922_233921_Chrome.jpg

Nah I only see amfootball criticism from the Tampa thread regulars I haven't said **** and sb1 is positive in general...the others ones left or are inactive I think

View attachment 53031

The "Tampa Bay ghetto" reference encompasses the full Brady forum, not just one thread, where dumping on BB, Mac, Kraft, etc. became a preoccupation. There are others but it's not worth belaboring, I'm just tired of the negativity and snide B.S. transcending due criticism.

The "Tampa Bay ghetto" reference encompasses the full Brady forum, not just one thread, where dumping on BB, Mac, Kraft, etc. became a preoccupation. There are others but it's not worth belaboring, I'm just tired of the negativity and snide B.S. transcending due criticism.

Some of us want the team in better hands and have noted since the late 2010s that Bill is making terrible decisions. It’s no different from the Patriots starting a crappy, over the hill player week after week. Criticizing Bill doesn’t make you any less of a fan, and the results continue to validate the “naysayers”. Until the Patriots right the ship, deal with it.

Some of us want the team in better hands and have noted since the late 2010s that Bill is making terrible decisions. It’s no different from the Patriots starting a crappy, over the hill player week after week. Criticizing Bill doesn’t make you any less of a fan, and the results continue to validate the “naysayers”. Until the Patriots right the ship, deal with it.
Ice. Just curious what “right the ship” is .
I am not thrilled with what’s going on and some personal moves. But what I have noticed is when the ship was as “righted” as it could be there was a contingent of posters that always went out of their way to be negative .

Not pointing fingers here just curious

Criticism is fine, having a constant hard-on because you believe your binky was done dirty is something else. Until you move on from that your snarky agenda remains transparent.

While we're at it, let's hear your prescription for "righting the ship." Hopefully you've put real thought into it beyond wanting to see the evil BB exorcised.

Last edited:
When I saw the title of the thread I figured the article would list the best and worst trades but wasn’t surprised to see it was just the worst.
The original title was just worst since it was posted responding to that article link but then I changed it to best and worst.

Never disappeared, never hid… not once since Al Gore invented the internet in the early 90’s. Stop lying.
Al Gore never said he invented the internet (fact). Actually, Alexander Bell did not invent the phone either.

Well, if we keep shedding those people, you’ll get what you want. Sure, the board will be completely dead (where it’s just kind of dead and uninteresting right now), but you’ll get all sunshine and unicorns when people actually DO post.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back